Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting

Go down 
+11
Malganis
Exodia's Right Leg
Penguin
Aggie
Sorsa A. Jänis
DarthDarthington
Chaltab
Verandering
KGarrett
KelinciHutan
Kitbug
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kitbug
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Kitbug

911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting Empty
PostSubject: 911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting   911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 8:08 am

Quote :
PHOENIX (CN) - A homeowner says a Phoenix police officer shot him six times in the back during a 911 home-invasion call, and the 911 tape recorded the officer's partner saying, "That's all right. Don't worry about it. I got your back. ... We clear?" The family says the officers were not aware that the 911 call was still recording as they spoke about covering up the shooting.
The homeowner was holding the intruder at gunpoint when police came busting in, guns a-blazing and shot the wrong guy.

Quote :
The complaint states that Officer Lilly "admitted that it was only after Tony was laying, bullet-ridden, on the ground that he assessed the situation. The 911 tape continued to record what happened even after Officer Lilly unloaded his weapon into Tony, including Officer Lilly's post-shooting, one-word 'assessment': 'Fuck.'
FUCK, WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO WITH THIS POOR CIVILIAN WE JUST TURNED INTO SWISS CHEESE? MAYBE WE SHOULD TAKE HIM TO THE HOSPITAL.

Quote :
"Tony believed he was going to die; the 911 tape records his plaintivegoodbye to his family: '... I love you ... I love you.' Then Tony made what he believed was a dying request to the officers; he did not want his young family to see him shot and bloodied. Officers callously ignored his request and painfully dragged Tony by his injured leg, through the home and out to his backyard patio, where they left him bloodied and shot right in front of Lesley, Matthew and Zachary."

The Arambulas say the officers later dragged Anthony onto gravel, then put him on top of the hot hood of a squad car, and "drove the squad car down the street with Tony lying on top, writhing in pain."
...that is not how you transport someone to the hospital. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Quote :
Anthony Arambula survived, but continues to suffer pain, which he expects will last for the rest of his life.
The City of Phoenix and Officer Dzenan Ahmetovic also are named as defendants.
The Arambulas seek punitive damages for gross negligence, civil rights violations, failure to supervise, excessive force, deliberate indifference to medical needs, false arrest, and emotional distress.

At least the poor guy survived, but Jesus Christ...

EDIT: I knew I was forgetting something. >_>

Last edited by Kitbug on Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://kitbug.livejournal.com
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: 911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting   911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 8:34 am

Can we haz link?
Back to top Go down
Kitbug
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Kitbug

PostSubject: Re: 911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting   911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 8:56 am

Sorry, fixed. XP
Back to top Go down
http://kitbug.livejournal.com
KGarrett
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
KGarrett

PostSubject: Re: 911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting   911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 9:05 am

Good to see the only ones that aren't outright evil are still embarrassingly incompetent.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: 911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting   911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 10:18 am

Quote :
Officer Lilly

T.S.Orr, is that you?
Back to top Go down
Chaltab
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Chaltab

PostSubject: Re: 911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting   911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 4:43 pm

...There seriously needs to be some sort of ethical evaluation for becoming a police officer. This is unbelievable.

I'm glad the authors were stupid enough that they got caught, at least. Hopefully their neighbors will kick them in the groin or something after they've been suspended.
Back to top Go down
DarthDarthington
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
DarthDarthington

PostSubject: Re: 911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting   911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 4:44 pm

It's like a real-life Reno 911!

Seriously, though, this is pretty horrible and quite disturbing too. I'm sure I don't need to explain why.
Back to top Go down
Sorsa A. Jänis
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sorsa A. Jänis

PostSubject: Re: 911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting   911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 5:46 am

Makes me wonder how many similar kind of cases have not been caught on tape? Dry

Last edited by Sorsa A. Jänis on Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://sunbeamattack.deviantart.com/
Aggie
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: 911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting   911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 5:50 am

Clearly police training is not up to snuff...these officers obviously missed the class where they teach you to always ensure that phones are properly stowed before making incriminating comments. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: 911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting   911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 9:57 am

Just a nitpick, but until cops start being held to the UCMJ, this business of referring to them as anything but civilians needs to stop.
Back to top Go down
Exodia's Right Leg
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Exodia's Right Leg

PostSubject: Re: 911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting   911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 4:55 pm

This is beyond mere incompetence, going straight into the realm of the absurd. Why?
Back to top Go down
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: 911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting   911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 5:25 pm

Exodia's Right Leg wrote:
This is beyond mere incompetence, going straight into the realm of the absurd. Why?
I have another word for it. Evil. These are two men who are supposed to uphold the law and be individuals that you can trust. That protect people. Instead, due to a compounding of incompetence and cowardice they nearly killed a man and were planning to lie about it to avoid the consequences. And who knows what kind of story they would have come up with to justify the mistake? While I admit this is a speculation, the only possibilities I can come up with involve saying that a responsible homeowner who had successfully protected his family and property from an intruder was somehow a threat to these cops.

I hope this man and his family gets everything they want out of these idiots.
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: 911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting   911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 6:50 pm

^What Kel said.

Though... putting him on the roof of their car? WTF? I seriously have no idea what they thought that would accomplish.
Back to top Go down
KGarrett
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
KGarrett

PostSubject: Re: 911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting   911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 7:07 pm

A sick trophy of some kind, no doubt. Animals like that can't really be understood.
Back to top Go down
Sparrow
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: 911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting   911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 10:54 pm

Penguin wrote:
Just a nitpick, but until cops start being held to the UCMJ, this business of referring to them as anything but civilians needs to stop.

If you have thought of a way to undo centuries of tradition and police structure in a method that police departments all over the US would be willing to adopt (preferably quickly and inexpensively), by all means, share it. Criminologists have been trying to think of a method for years, since they believe that the quasi-military structure of the police contributes in part to police corruption...and they still haven't figured out an alternative. As someone majoring in the field, your comment is a bit irksome, since it seems to imply that all one need do is simply change how officers are addressed, and the problem will be solved.
Back to top Go down
http://sparrow779.livejournal.com/
VB
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
VB

PostSubject: Re: 911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting   911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 10:59 pm

Malganis wrote:
Though... putting him on the roof of their car? WTF? I seriously have no idea what they thought that would accomplish.

That the further trauma and shock would kill him, thus getting rid of the only other person with any credibility that was in the room when the incident happened?
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: 911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting   911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 12:34 am

......... What the hell you guys.

They're human, not animals (well technically we're all animals but you get what I mean), and did you just seriously call them evil?

What they did was absurd, but lolwhat at your responses. It's getting worse with you guys.
Back to top Go down
KGarrett
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
KGarrett

PostSubject: Re: 911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting   911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 12:37 am

To be fair, I did suggest that they were just miserably incompetent instead of complete monsters.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: 911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting   911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 12:43 am

You still did say they couldn't be understood, which is wrong. They can. They fucked up and they were trying to skim the consequences. I imagine they put him on the bonnet to not get blood soaked into the car upholstery, since that could be a threat to whatever cover story they were planning to come up with.

However, it can't be sympathised with, that I agree. I'm not sure I'm the kind of person who could ignore another human life to try and save my own arse from the consequences of my actions, but I guess if you're terrified enough of those consequences...

So yeah. While I'm used to WGW's knee-jerk pitchfork Frankenstein mob cries in nearly every news thread, I suddenly felt like I tripped into the Twilight Zone.

Evil?! I mean WTF.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: 911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting   911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 3:04 am

Sparrow wrote:
As someone majoring in the field, your comment is a bit irksome, since it seems to imply that all one need do is simply change how officers are addressed, and the problem will be solved.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Verandering wrote:
Evil?! I mean WTF.

I'm not sure what you're getting your panties in a bunch over, here. If you accidentally unload your weapon into the wrong person and try to cover it up instead of own up to it, that's actually pretty fucking evil. They weren't misunderstood little woobies, these were jackassed cowards trying to save their own skins from the consequences of their actions, hoping to take advantage of a corrupt system to do so. So, yeah. Evil fits the bill.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: 911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting   911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 3:28 am

Sorry, I'm not religious, so perhaps I understand the word differently.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: 911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting   911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 5:00 am

Verandering wrote:
Sorry, I'm not religious, so perhaps I understand the word differently.

What's religion got to do with it?

1 a : morally reprehensible : sinful, wicked b : arising from actual or imputed bad character or conduct
2 a archaic : inferior b : causing discomfort or repulsion : offensive c : disagreeable
3 a : causing harm : pernicious b : marked by misfortune : unlucky
Back to top Go down
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: 911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting   911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 5:34 am

Verandering wrote:
They're human, not animals (well technically we're all animals but you get what I mean), and did you just seriously call them evil?
Yeah, I did. And I'm not sorry, either. There may be plenty of quibbles about where to draw the line about what is a good action and what is a bad one, but this? There is no justification or rationalization for what these two men were trying to do. It's flat-out wrong, motivated by a purely selfish desire to escape the consequences of their actions. I have absolutely no shame whatsoever in condemning evil, and this is. They aren't "sick," and they aren't "misunderstood." The kindest word you could give to them is "scared," and that just makes them too cowardly to man up and face what they did. If you'll go back and read my post, I'm not calling for a guillotine or a firing squad or a pack of rabid dogs to kill these two in ever more inventive fashions. But I will be cheering on the Arambulas in their suit. Because I'd really like to see a pair of evil men suffer the consequences that they so richly deserve. It doesn't happen enough that way.

Evil. Uncomplicated, selfish, and totally human evil.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: 911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting   911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 3:22 pm

Points noted. Smile
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: 911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting   911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 5:04 pm

VB wrote:
Malganis wrote:

That the further trauma and shock would kill him, thus getting rid of the only other person with any credibility that was in the room when the incident happened?

Yeah, but... still, guy on the roof of a car, bleeding and likely screaming or making some sort of sound, unless he's unconscious = noisy and obvious. My Spidey-sense tells me these two geniuses didn't think their cunning scheme through all the way.

Also, what Kel and Penguin said. Again. Some actions are just evil, and can be explained with no other word.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting   911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting Empty

Back to top Go down

911 tape catches cops trying to cover-up shooting
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next