Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Furry Sue Science

Go down 
+5
Knorg
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Verandering
Delcat
Little Egypt
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Little Egypt

Little Egypt

Furry Sue Science Empty
PostSubject: Furry Sue Science   Furry Sue Science EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 7:11 am

I'm writing a story in which a furry Mary Sue, who has rather chilled out and become less Sueish, kicks back and chats with a group of animals from the Sonic the hedgehog continuity. As part of this chat, I'd like to write her as explaining her ancestry, hence this topic. Want to help me out?

As reference for what this character looks like, here's a picture:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Their conversation turns to what they should call Starla in terms of her gender. Sonic would be called a boar, Bunnie a doe and so on, so what do you call a female of what she is, they ask? She says that if they tried to call her a combination of her species, they'd just come up with something nonsensical like, falcatfess or something equally silly, which nobody would be able to make any sense of. Therefore she says, all females from her world are called Mary Sues, and all males Gary Stus. This is the result of a very old childrens' bedtime story (which I won't describe but will be fairly similar to Hansel and Gretel) which carried over into common usage.

I'd like their conversation to expand a little on this, but wonder if anyone wants to add any suggestions for the Sue culture? What I have so far:

- A few generations ago, scientists from her world designed a way of making genes 'clump together' in such a way that positive attributes such as wings, physical strength, some telekinetics, sharp claws, very insulating fur etc. transcend species boundaries. Benefits of genes, rather than species boundaries, become the determining factors for the template of a gestating foetus. These genes were 'labelled' by the scientists, perhaps by virtue of some kind of proteins/amino acids, to make sure they were the ones that were carried over to the next generation. Therefore the scientists also managed to tag genes for good looks in the same way, hence Sues and Stus are invariably good-looking.

- A culture for good looks surfaced as a result of this. The young, who are usually the best-looking (looks are assumed at this point to tend to fade with age) became the focus for their society. Youth, in Starla's society, is highly valued and only teens/possibly early 20's are influential in society. (On saying this, I'm planning on having her realise how she's disregarded her parents, older neighbours, aunts and uncles, etc. and that is really hasn't been fair on them) I realise this is not particularly workable, so it's possible older members of society do some of the important stuff, but they are seen as unimportant and rather dull by comparison.

So, any other ideas? By all means pick apart my theories, but bear in mind they don't necessarily need to be too thoroughly plausible. They're only having a relaxed chat, after all. I'd just like to weed out any glaring problems with the description of such a culture.
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

Furry Sue Science Empty
PostSubject: Re: Furry Sue Science   Furry Sue Science EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 7:23 am

I don't have anything to add, but way to make me come into a thread ready for stupidity and then actually smile.
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
Little Egypt

Little Egypt

Furry Sue Science Empty
PostSubject: Re: Furry Sue Science   Furry Sue Science EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 7:30 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] So what were you expecting, if I may ask?
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

Furry Sue Science Empty
PostSubject: Re: Furry Sue Science   Furry Sue Science EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 7:47 am

Ahahaha I'm with Delcat, nice work. XD I was expecting the same thing really.

A suggestion would be, if you want to touch on it, parenthood including listening to their children's every word and generally acting like the parents of that beauty pageant girl somone posted in subcultures.
Back to top Go down
Little Egypt

Little Egypt

Furry Sue Science Empty
PostSubject: Re: Furry Sue Science   Furry Sue Science EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 7:58 am

Ah, that's a nice expansion on the children-in-charge thing. Nice; thanks!
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Delcat

Furry Sue Science Empty
PostSubject: Re: Furry Sue Science   Furry Sue Science EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 12:48 pm

Little Egypt wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] So what were you expecting, if I may ask?
Hm, seven posts...you really haven't met Harley yet, have you?
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

Furry Sue Science Empty
PostSubject: Re: Furry Sue Science   Furry Sue Science EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 12:58 pm

What am I expected to say?

Nice picture, btw.

Werll, if it's a story about a Furry Sue, don't forget that the traditional thing is for all Sues to remind Shadow of Maria so he'll hook up with her.

And Chris ThornDYKE was a Gary Stu, even if he wasn't technically furry.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Knorg
Behind Blue Eyes
Behind Blue Eyes
Knorg

Furry Sue Science Empty
PostSubject: Re: Furry Sue Science   Furry Sue Science EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 1:34 pm

Furry Sue got married just the other day....
Back to top Go down
KJM
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

Furry Sue Science Empty
PostSubject: Re: Furry Sue Science   Furry Sue Science EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 11:19 pm

I read the thread title, and imagined a furry filing a lawsuit against science.
Back to top Go down
http://kennethmrrw502.blogspot.com/
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

Furry Sue Science Empty
PostSubject: Re: Furry Sue Science   Furry Sue Science EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 12:43 am

If this is a youth-centered culture, there is probably a great deal of competitiveness. It might be worthwhile to consider how this might manifest itself.
Back to top Go down
Little Egypt

Little Egypt

Furry Sue Science Empty
PostSubject: Re: Furry Sue Science   Furry Sue Science EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 1:50 am

Delcat wrote:
Little Egypt wrote:
Hm, seven posts...you really haven't met Harley yet, have you?

Well, I've been around here before... I know the drill Wink

Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:

Nice picture, btw.

Thank you very much. It was made by a friend of mine, though, so not mine. I can't draw stick people, let alone a piece like that.

Quote :
Werll, if it's a story about a Furry Sue, don't forget that the traditional thing is for all Sues to remind Shadow of Maria so he'll hook up with her.

And Chris ThornDYKE was a Gary Stu, even if he wasn't technically furry.

Aye, but Shadow isn't in this story, so that's a non-starter anyway.

rae wrote:
If this is a youth-centered culture, there is probably a great deal of competitiveness. It might be worthwhile to consider how this might manifest itself.

There is, and no mistake. I already have before, and will at the beginning of this next fanfic, show her competing with her schoolmates. They're always trying to backstab eachother, outdo eachother, catch eachother out on trying too hard etc. It's a shark-infested social environment if ever there was one, and damn good fun to write, too.

In addition, although Starla has mostly chilled out, I'm going to write her as occasionally coming out with a bitchy comment she didn't mean to say.

But yes; she comes from an intensely competitive culture which is why she enjoys Sonic & co's company - she actually gets to relax. She likes the break from the arms race.
Back to top Go down
V3N0M
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
V3N0M

Furry Sue Science Empty
PostSubject: Re: Furry Sue Science   Furry Sue Science EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 6:05 pm

Your idea of mary sue culture and genetics is pretty damn interesting. You should tell the PPC about it if you haven't already/
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

Furry Sue Science Empty
PostSubject: Re: Furry Sue Science   Furry Sue Science EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 9:45 am

It would be a planet where rape is just surprise sex you didn't know you wanted.
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

Furry Sue Science Empty
PostSubject: Re: Furry Sue Science   Furry Sue Science EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 10:37 am

Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:
It would be a planet where rape is just surprise sex you didn't know you wanted.
Isn't that already kind of happening here on our beloved little planet called far away Earth Upset
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

Furry Sue Science Empty
PostSubject: Re: Furry Sue Science   Furry Sue Science EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 1:23 pm

Hey, don't forget a good reason for why Sues are automatically awesome with whatever weapon you hand them. What's that katana doing there? Nobody needs weapons in the Sonic universe, unless you're Shadow. They just jump on things. Which works quite well in real life too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Furry Sue Science Empty
PostSubject: Re: Furry Sue Science   Furry Sue Science Empty

Back to top Go down

Furry Sue Science
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Why God, Why? :: The Sporking Table :: New Releases-
Jump to: