Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Teenagers attempt to imitate Youtube vid, one ends up horribly burned

Go down 
+3
T.S.Orr
rae
Malganis
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

Teenagers attempt to imitate Youtube vid, one ends up horribly burned Empty
PostSubject: Teenagers attempt to imitate Youtube vid, one ends up horribly burned   Teenagers attempt to imitate Youtube vid, one ends up horribly burned EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 12:26 am

Don't try this at home, kids.

Quote :
Russell Gortzig, 13, said his friend siphoned gasoline from a riding lawnmower and poured it on Gortzig. The teen said he held the lighter away from him, but a combination of the spark and fumes caught his shorts on fire.

"Skin missing all the way down to his ankle on the front and the back," mother Linda McCrea said.

No masturbating for a while, then. That's like the worst punishment for a teenage boy.

Quote :
McCrea said the boys were trying to copy a stunt they saw on the video sharing Web site, YouTube, where a man in a banana suit lights himself on fire. She warned other parents to closely monitor the online activities of their children and wants YouTube to tighten its user guidelines. She believes YouTube is partially to blame for her son' pain.

Maybe you should have hammered it into his head that gas + sparks or open flame = world of hurt for stupid little boys?
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: Teenagers attempt to imitate Youtube vid, one ends up horribly burned   Teenagers attempt to imitate Youtube vid, one ends up horribly burned EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 1:12 am

At thirteen, saying, "I saw it on TV / the internet" is no longer a valid excuse. I wonder if he can still breed or if we have an effective Darwin's award.
Back to top Go down
T.S.Orr
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
T.S.Orr

PostSubject: Re: Teenagers attempt to imitate Youtube vid, one ends up horribly burned   Teenagers attempt to imitate Youtube vid, one ends up horribly burned EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 2:45 am

If he dies of infection or some shit. The Darwin Award should be waiting.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Teenagers attempt to imitate Youtube vid, one ends up horribly burned   Teenagers attempt to imitate Youtube vid, one ends up horribly burned EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 5:53 am

Ouch. >_<

While I don't doubt they wanted to mimic something 'cool' from what they've seen, I honestly don't get how logic was never applied. It's fire. It hurts. Or maybe they've never accidentally touched a hot pan or flame so they have no idea. Parents getting more overprotective and all.

I'm not sure what to think about limiting youtube. I suppose it might be a good idea, given some of the absolute shit you can find on it. But is that even practical? Probably not. Best idea? Teach your kids not to copy anything stupid that they see on the telly or youtube. This best only works if they can relate about how/why it's a stupid idea, which involves letting your kids be kids and hurt themselves every now and then.

This could arguably be one of those times too, it's just quite a hefty one. O_O

Hopefully he'll recover soon, and I bet he lost that childish ideal where you think you're invincible because you've never had something really dangerous happen to you. Realising you're mortal is important, and it's often never taught in pleasant ways, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Teenagers attempt to imitate Youtube vid, one ends up horribly burned   Teenagers attempt to imitate Youtube vid, one ends up horribly burned EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 9:19 am

"I saw it on Youtube".

Nope, the kid's just an idiot. By his age, he should know that getting his mates to set him on fire is going to result in some pretty serious injuries.

I agree with the sentiment that I hope he's out of the gene pool now.
Back to top Go down
Pierre Gringoire

PostSubject: Re: Teenagers attempt to imitate Youtube vid, one ends up horribly burned   Teenagers attempt to imitate Youtube vid, one ends up horribly burned EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 12:34 pm

Didn't they learn anything from South Park? How long until the parents blame Canada?
Back to top Go down
unskilled78
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Teenagers attempt to imitate Youtube vid, one ends up horribly burned   Teenagers attempt to imitate Youtube vid, one ends up horribly burned EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 4:18 pm

If he wasn't sterilized by the flames, I hope a vasectomy would be covertly performed on him.

Show me some documentation of a persons inaliable right to produce spawn & I might reconsider.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Teenagers attempt to imitate Youtube vid, one ends up horribly burned   Teenagers attempt to imitate Youtube vid, one ends up horribly burned Empty

Back to top Go down

Teenagers attempt to imitate Youtube vid, one ends up horribly burned
Page 1 of 1