Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

As if the world wasn't messed up enough...

Go down 
+10
theweirdkind
quamp
Lady Anne
Chaltab
GamemasterAnthony
Mikey Go WOOGA
Spotts1701
Lapin
Mafiosa
Chris91
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

As if the world wasn't messed up enough... Empty
PostSubject: As if the world wasn't messed up enough...   As if the world wasn't messed up enough... EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 6:36 pm

Now some clod on Nevada's Supreme Court wants to release OJ from prison.

Quote :
Nevada Supreme Court considers releasing Simpson

By KEN RITTER, Associated Press Writer Ken Ritter, Associated Press Writer – Mon Aug 3, 5:22 pm ET

LAS VEGAS – A trio of Nevada Supreme Court justices focused Monday on whether O.J. Simpson and a former golfing buddy received a fair trial in a gunpoint hotel room heist and whether the case was so unique that the two men should be freed from prison while their appeals are considered.

"This is post-conviction. That's what concerns me," Justice Michael Cherry declared during rare oral arguments by lawyers about whether the former football star and co-defendant Clarence "C.J." Stewart should be allowed to post bond while their appeals are pending.

Cherry, the chairman of the three-judge panel considering the bond request, didn't say how long he and justices Mark Gibbons and Nancy Saitta might take to decide.

It appeared unlikely a ruling would come before an Aug. 12 deadline for Clark County District Attorney David Roger to file a written answer to Simpson's appeal.

Roger, who prosecuted Simpson and Stewart, argued Monday the men got a fair trial, a Nevada jury had spoken, and the pair should continue to serve their sentences for kidnapping and armed robbery.

It is unusual for the Nevada Supreme Court, the state's only appeals court, to hear oral arguments about bond, and it would be even more unusual for Simpson or Stewart to be released. The last such high-profile appellant to get such a chance in Nevada skipped town after posting $100,000 in 1978.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: As if the world wasn't messed up enough...   As if the world wasn't messed up enough... EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 6:38 pm

Hey Spotts, wanna move to Oregon with me and ditch this crazy state?
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: As if the world wasn't messed up enough...   As if the world wasn't messed up enough... EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 6:54 pm

Why would you consider him for special license. Of all the people in jail, why him? (Beats Nevada upside the head with rolled up newspaper) BAD STATE! BAD!
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: As if the world wasn't messed up enough...   As if the world wasn't messed up enough... EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 6:57 pm

I really doubt they'd let him go - asking for post-conviction relief is pretty common, but asking for bail pending appeal has always been a long shot. His lawyers would not only have to show reversible error, but also that he is going to show up for a potential retrial (which is always the standard for bail).

I don't know about OJ, but if the other guy gets turned loose he'll be in the wind before suppertime.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: As if the world wasn't messed up enough...   As if the world wasn't messed up enough... EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 10:01 pm

Mafiosa wrote:
Hey Spotts, wanna move to Oregon with me and ditch this crazy state?

COME TO KENTUCKY! I love you I love you I love you

Ditch Spotts in Missouri.
Back to top Go down
GamemasterAnthony
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
GamemasterAnthony

PostSubject: Re: As if the world wasn't messed up enough...   As if the world wasn't messed up enough... EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 7:32 am

Hey...you guys are welcome to come to Minnesota where I am. Sure, we once had a former pro wrestler as a governor, but you can't beat being where the Mall of America and one of the best state fairs is!
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: As if the world wasn't messed up enough...   As if the world wasn't messed up enough... EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 9:13 am

If you like fishing, Sam Adams beer, and touring historical sites, you might want to consider Mass. as your new home.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: As if the world wasn't messed up enough...   As if the world wasn't messed up enough... EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 9:37 am

My state rocks. And we're a rather nasty and vindictive shade of blue all over to boot. (Seriously, I've never met liberals as mean as the ones here) (I think its less about acceptance and more about banding together for safety despite overwhelming hatred of one another)
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: As if the world wasn't messed up enough...   As if the world wasn't messed up enough... EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 12:05 pm

Minnesota is a frigid hole.

Massachusetts is for those of you who like crippling taxes.

Being in the same state as Baltimore is never a good thing.

Move to Pennsylvania. They have two world champions in the same city. And a third on the other side of the state. I'm told there are other attractions that have nothing to do with sports.
Back to top Go down
Chaltab
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Chaltab

PostSubject: Re: As if the world wasn't messed up enough...   As if the world wasn't messed up enough... EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 12:30 pm

Come down to Tennessee, we invented Mountain Dew and Nuclear Power!
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: As if the world wasn't messed up enough...   As if the world wasn't messed up enough... EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 12:33 pm

Mountain Dew is the byproduct of Nuclear Power.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: As if the world wasn't messed up enough...   As if the world wasn't messed up enough... EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 4:40 pm

Come to California. Bring your money. The Governator spent all of ours.

Aside from that, it's pretty nice here. Beaches, mountains, deserts, cities, Hollywood, Disneyland, drought (won't rain on your parade!), West Nile virus (mosquitoes--birds of parasite), gold seekers (and not just in Hollywood), and an employment rate approaching 88%.

California, here I come
Right back where I started from...
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: As if the world wasn't messed up enough...   As if the world wasn't messed up enough... EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 5:11 pm

Hippies, Smug, Massachusetts level taxes, Hollywood, wild fires, and 12% unemployment. Razz
Back to top Go down
quamp
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
quamp

PostSubject: Re: As if the world wasn't messed up enough...   As if the world wasn't messed up enough... EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 5:39 pm

Lady Anne wrote:

Aside from that, it's pretty nice here. Beaches, mountains, deserts, cities, Hollywood, Disneyland, drought (won't rain on your parade!), West Nile virus (mosquitoes--birds of parasite), gold seekers (and not just in Hollywood), and an employment rate approaching 88%.

California, here I come

Well, replace Disneyland with Six Flags, Holywood with Austin and that pretty much is the same as Texas.

I got news for you people - every state is getting fucked up. It's Bush's legacy to us all.
Back to top Go down
http://quamp.deviantart.com
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: As if the world wasn't messed up enough...   As if the world wasn't messed up enough... EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 7:09 pm

quamp wrote:
Lady Anne wrote:

California, here I come

Well, replace Disneyland with Six Flags, Holywood with Austin and that pretty much is the same as Texas.

I got news for you people - every state is getting fucked up. It's Bush's legacy to us all.
You can't compare Disneyland and Six Flags. They're two way different things. The only thing they have in common is that they're amusement parks. You also can't compare Hollywood to Austin. Austin is just... weird; it's nothing like Hollywood.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: As if the world wasn't messed up enough...   As if the world wasn't messed up enough... EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 6:31 pm

You want weird? Check out Cambridge sometime.
Back to top Go down
Bamshalam
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Bamshalam

PostSubject: Re: As if the world wasn't messed up enough...   As if the world wasn't messed up enough... EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 8:05 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Minnesota is a frigid hole.
YOU'RE A FRIGID HOLE. >:C
Back to top Go down
karmyn31
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
karmyn31

PostSubject: Re: As if the world wasn't messed up enough...   As if the world wasn't messed up enough... EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 2:35 am

I think all states were messed up long before Bush came along.
Back to top Go down
Bamshalam
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Bamshalam

PostSubject: Re: As if the world wasn't messed up enough...   As if the world wasn't messed up enough... EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 9:04 am

Not Minnesota. I mean that seriously.
Back to top Go down
DarthDarthington
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
DarthDarthington

PostSubject: Re: As if the world wasn't messed up enough...   As if the world wasn't messed up enough... EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 9:04 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Being in the same state as Baltimore is never a good thing.

:law:

John Waters and Frank Zappa came from Baltimore. Therefore, Baltimore, and by extension, Maryland > You.
Back to top Go down
the asylum
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
the asylum

PostSubject: Re: As if the world wasn't messed up enough...   As if the world wasn't messed up enough... EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 9:06 pm

Come on up to Canada. Our igloos are surprisingly warm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: As if the world wasn't messed up enough...   As if the world wasn't messed up enough... Empty

Back to top Go down

As if the world wasn't messed up enough...
Page 1 of 1