Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WHO likely to declare swine flu pandemic on Thursday

Go down 
+24
Mikey Go WOOGA
Delcat
Reepicheep-chan
theromangeneral
Lexin
theweirdkind
Chalchihuitlicue
DeeDee
Root Admin
Freezer
Blooferlady
KJM
InkWeaver
Mafiosa
Ceres
Raine
Mae Bedlam
Sheba
Psy-4
Snake Bandage
Verandering
Miss S
ZoZo
Shisaiga
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

WHO likely to declare swine flu pandemic on Thursday - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHO likely to declare swine flu pandemic on Thursday   WHO likely to declare swine flu pandemic on Thursday - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 12:32 am

Snake Bandage wrote:
I think it's a good time to post this link again.

Has Madagascar Closed its Ports?
I still love that.
Back to top Go down
Lexin
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lexin

PostSubject: Re: WHO likely to declare swine flu pandemic on Thursday   WHO likely to declare swine flu pandemic on Thursday - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 3:21 am

All that's happened where I work is that the cleaners come round and scrub bits of the lifts four times a day. I think the theory is that cleaners encounter so much rubbish that they're immune...or there'll be a world shortage of cleaners.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mpmrommel.co.uk
theromangeneral

theromangeneral

PostSubject: Re: WHO likely to declare swine flu pandemic on Thursday   WHO likely to declare swine flu pandemic on Thursday - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 6:50 pm

ZoZo wrote:
The thing with swine flu that's got them running scared is that unlike most flu viruses, this one kills the young and healthy rather than the old and infirm. Pretty callous, maybe.

I thought it was the avian flu that did that.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: WHO likely to declare swine flu pandemic on Thursday   WHO likely to declare swine flu pandemic on Thursday - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 1:01 am

God I hate blatant fear mongering. When this is all said and done with panic will probably have killed more people than the stupid disease.

That being said, I do not envy poor people when shit like this happens. I have good reason to doubt any harm can come to me from something like swine flu, but I can see where it would be really freaky for someone in a third world country or a ghetto with bad medical facilities.

Crazy panic is still not the answer though.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: WHO likely to declare swine flu pandemic on Thursday   WHO likely to declare swine flu pandemic on Thursday - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 1:57 am

theromangeneral wrote:
ZoZo wrote:
The thing with swine flu that's got them running scared is that unlike most flu viruses, this one kills the young and healthy rather than the old and infirm. Pretty callous, maybe.

I thought it was the avian flu that did that.
Not sure about that one, but probably.
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: WHO likely to declare swine flu pandemic on Thursday   WHO likely to declare swine flu pandemic on Thursday - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 12:53 pm

Been watching Bullshit!.

My only personal comment: One of the Swinub eggs I donated to the shelter was hatched and named Swine Flu. Good has been done here.
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: WHO likely to declare swine flu pandemic on Thursday   WHO likely to declare swine flu pandemic on Thursday - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 12:18 am

Remember this shit? Remember how it was supposed to make the flu pandemic of the 1910s (or whenever it was) look like mild allergies? Remember how Mexico pulled a Madagascar and SHUT
DOWN
EVERYTHING?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: WHO likely to declare swine flu pandemic on Thursday   WHO likely to declare swine flu pandemic on Thursday - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 11:43 am

Meh, we need a good pandemic now and then. Keeps people on their toes and means more food all around.
Back to top Go down
Summercorn
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Summercorn

PostSubject: Re: WHO likely to declare swine flu pandemic on Thursday   WHO likely to declare swine flu pandemic on Thursday - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 3:27 am

I'm surprised we haven't had a Malthusian crisis as a good scaremonger for such a long time. Especially after Pakistan and China had their rice crops ruined by flood and drought respectively and Russia's grain crop got done over by a major plains fire.

Use a tissue to sneeze. Wash your hands, especially after a trip to the supermarket. Get a flu jab if you are offered one. You should be okay.

I'm still waiting for the Y2K bug to drop aircraft from the skies and turn my microwave feral.
Back to top Go down
Owlish
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Owlish

PostSubject: Re: WHO likely to declare swine flu pandemic on Thursday   WHO likely to declare swine flu pandemic on Thursday - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 10:46 pm

Summercorn wrote:
I'm surprised we haven't had a Malthusian crisis as a good scaremonger for such a long time.

Not in the west at least--the rest of the world would probably beg to differ, especially parts of Africa and the Middle East. Apparently we've got more important things to worry about, like whether Michelle Bachman has a better chance of winning the next election than President Obama.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: WHO likely to declare swine flu pandemic on Thursday   WHO likely to declare swine flu pandemic on Thursday - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 10:40 pm

^
You're an idiot. In any free market society, there will always be enough food to sustain the population. At least up until the point you completely run out of land to use for food production.

As the population rises, the demand for food would rise. Which would eventually lead to either new production methods that would allow the some amount of land to produce more food being developed, or land being used for something else being retooled to produce food instead.

This won't happen in dictatorships or lawless hell holes, which is why the Middle East and Africa, respectively, starve.

>but omg we should ttly throw food at them bcuz the greedy corporations or some such shit. BACHMAN!!!! Angry

Wrong again, Greentext. In the dictatorships, the dictators would hog it all and it would do no good. In the lawless hell holes, people would end up going to war over the food we give them, and we make the problem worse.
Back to top Go down
Owlish
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Owlish

PostSubject: Re: WHO likely to declare swine flu pandemic on Thursday   WHO likely to declare swine flu pandemic on Thursday - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 12:10 am

^I think your 4chan ban has resulted in withdrawal-induced insanity. Because seriously man, wut
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: WHO likely to declare swine flu pandemic on Thursday   WHO likely to declare swine flu pandemic on Thursday - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 4:58 am

Hey, you know damn well that we need more disease and war on the planet. More panic to cause murders too. I mean, we're way overpopulated as it is.

See, this is why humans go to war - to have a quick and easy way to control the overpopulation. It's why America's been at war for 200+ years.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: WHO likely to declare swine flu pandemic on Thursday   WHO likely to declare swine flu pandemic on Thursday - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 6:42 pm

^
America goes to war because the rednecks and cowboys need something to do. The hippy sissies aren't violent, and everyone in the north gets their fill of blood through hockey.

Owlish wrote:
^I think your 4chan ban has resulted in withdrawal-induced insanity. Because seriously man, wut

Or maybe I misunderstood your post or a Malthusian crisis. Colbert

Also, I got unbanned today Excitedplz Excitedplz Excitedplz Excitedplz
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: WHO likely to declare swine flu pandemic on Thursday   WHO likely to declare swine flu pandemic on Thursday - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 7:46 am

You were banned? That must be why the board was so quiet!

Still, don't go too nuts.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHO likely to declare swine flu pandemic on Thursday   WHO likely to declare swine flu pandemic on Thursday - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

WHO likely to declare swine flu pandemic on Thursday
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Why God, Why? :: The Sporking Table :: GodAwful Bullshit-
Jump to: