Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The irony, it burns.

Go down 
+9
Chaltab
Rabid Badger
myeerah
Wandering Critic
Seule
anangrychocobo
Verandering
Ihasacookie
Root Admin
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
anangrychocobo
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

The irony, it burns. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The irony, it burns.   The irony, it burns. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 10:09 pm

Yeah, well, I was on FanFiction.net in 2003. Apparently. I wasn't a troll yet back then, either. So my fanficock is biggester than The Battling Brad's.

Edit: Also, page two just kicked in, so you are null and Voivod.
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: The irony, it burns.   The irony, it burns. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 10:31 pm

PAGE 2 KICKED IN, YO

Also, since 2001/2002 here. I feel pro.

Last edited by Seule on Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : A 4 is not a 2.)
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: The irony, it burns.   The irony, it burns. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 11:59 pm

Randy wrote:
Quote :
OMG GAIZ SHE HAS TOO MUCH EXPERIENCE IN HER ONE YEAR ON THE INTERNETS

Quote :
hehe. n00b

Er, The Battling Bard/Last Temptation of Homer has been at FFN since 2005 at least. She's no n00b. Occasionally she clashes with people who have the chops to fight back, and that's what she was referring to.

Er, I'm aware of what she meant. Let me make fun of the fact that she takes it all way too seriously anyway, in a fashion I imagine people who don't experience the internet a lot do. >:
Back to top Go down
Randy

Randy

PostSubject: Re: The irony, it burns.   The irony, it burns. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 11:35 am

Nihilist, in linking to Much's Mighty Cock, you overlooked this little gem, which is a truer example of The Battling Bard's wit:

The To The Point PWP Story From Hell

In which she presumes to understand the motives for writing in a specific genre:

Quote :
...If only my husband had a libido...
...If only I was attractive enough to have an affair...
...Oh well, I've always got Haldir et al...

Right back atcha, Battling Bard . . .

... If only I could write my way out of wet Kleenex ...
... If only I could spell 'Morgoth' ...
... If only they hadn't completely ignored me at the MEFAs ...
...Oh well, I've always got my forum to bitch and moan from ...
Back to top Go down
http://randy-o.livejournal.com/
Root Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Root Admin

PostSubject: Re: The irony, it burns.   The irony, it burns. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 11:50 am

Randy wrote:
Nihilist, in linking to Much's Mighty Cock, you overlooked this little gem, which is a truer example of The Battling Bard's wit:

The To The Point PWP Story From Hell

I left it alone because my knowledge of LOTR is near nonexistent. The names make my eyes go crossed, no offense. Sure, I've seen the movies, but as movies are, they're not exact copies of the source.

Kind of figured some of our resident fans can give it a good reaming. Wink
Back to top Go down
Randy

Randy

PostSubject: Re: The irony, it burns.   The irony, it burns. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 12:40 pm

Quote :
I left it alone because my knowledge of LOTR is near nonexistent. Sure, I've seen the movies, but as movies are, they're not exact copies of the source.

It wouldn't be immodest to say that mine is extensive. The movies aren't exact copies. The Ring Trilogy and The Hobbit don't tell the whole story either, since they're vastly expanded by the material in The Silmarillion and the History of Middle-earth books (Tolkien's author's notes).

The genre TBB was lampooning in that unfunny story (Elves boinking Mortal women) bears little resemblance to canon. Whether an Elf would boink a Mortal woman is debatable. There was one Elf in canon who wanted to, but he went off to die nobly in a war instead. This kind of PWP isn't my cup of tea, but it's harmless.

That's all beside the point. A woman who consistently misspelled Morgoth, the Lucifer figure of the Tolkien mythos, as 'Morgorth' has no call putting herself forward as a canon expert.

TBB's canon advice -- I'll give that a good reaming.
Back to top Go down
http://randy-o.livejournal.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The irony, it burns.   The irony, it burns. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The irony, it burns.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2