Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Foreign Languages Center

Go down 
+25
AulaCicero
Snake Bandage
Alex89
Saleha
grmblfjx
Exodia's Right Leg
Deutschtard
Goat
Seule
Fairlight
szaleniec
Shisaiga
Avari
Sorsa A. Jänis
rae
Roo
Sheba
KelinciHutan
Kateness
Zeiss Manifold
Dick Powers
Raine
The Unoriginal
ZoZo
I_Lam_Edhellen
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
I_Lam_Edhellen
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
I_Lam_Edhellen

Foreign Languages Center Empty
PostSubject: Foreign Languages Center   Foreign Languages Center EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 5:34 pm

There are many multilingual people here, and many people writing stories with characters speaking languages their writers don't know. So, post the languages you know, or ask for help with a particular language.

I've got French, Japanese, Sindarin and Quenya. My Elvish website is in my sig.

French is my weakest language; I studied it for five years and have spent the last few years forgetting it.

If there was anyone who knew Sanskrit, that would be very helpful.
Back to top Go down
http://www.realelvish.net
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages Center   Foreign Languages Center EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 5:58 pm

I can do authentic Cypriot Greek swearing, and that's about it.
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages Center   Foreign Languages Center EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 3:49 am

Chalk me up for Italian, some Latin, and Friulian (although you're more likely to need Hidatsa than the latter one).
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages Center   Foreign Languages Center EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 4:47 am

I speak Aussie.

Yeah...
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages Center   Foreign Languages Center EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 4:55 am

I'm fluent in 'merican.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss Manifold
Ants got into everyone
Ants got into everyone
Zeiss Manifold

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages Center   Foreign Languages Center EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 8:20 am

I know a bit of Spanish, German, and modern Persian myself.
Back to top Go down
Kateness

Kateness

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages Center   Foreign Languages Center EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 8:45 am

Russian, Arabic, French, though I am rarely grammatically correct in any of them.
Back to top Go down
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages Center   Foreign Languages Center EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 8:53 am

Indonesian is the only one I can offer, but if you do happen to need it, I'll be glad to be of help.
Back to top Go down
Sheba
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sheba

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages Center   Foreign Languages Center EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 8:53 am

I took a few years of Spanish and got decent at it--but it's been a couple of years.
Back to top Go down
Roo

Roo

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages Center   Foreign Languages Center EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 3:44 pm

Well, in the unlikely event that anyone should need someone fluent in Norwegian, Swedish and/or Danish, there's me.
Back to top Go down
http://hyaroo.livejournal.com
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages Center   Foreign Languages Center EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 12:08 am

I'm American, particularly well-versed in the accents and verbal quirks of certain areas of the Southern US for obvious reasons. I speak an eentsy bit of German (just beginning German III).
Back to top Go down
Sorsa A. Jänis
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sorsa A. Jänis

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages Center   Foreign Languages Center EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 2:05 am

I'm native speaker of Finnish. If anybody ever needed that kind of help, I'm more than willing to help. Back in the GAFF I actually helped someone with Finnish, but can't remember who. :eyebrow:
Back to top Go down
http://sunbeamattack.deviantart.com/
Avari

Avari

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages Center   Foreign Languages Center EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 6:02 am

French native speaker.
Back to top Go down
Shisaiga
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Shisaiga

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages Center   Foreign Languages Center EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 6:06 am

My native language is German.
Back to top Go down
szaleniec
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
szaleniec

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages Center   Foreign Languages Center EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 1:49 pm

I can help with Polish and French should anyone need them.
Back to top Go down
http://szaleniec1000.livejournal.com/
Sorsa A. Jänis
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sorsa A. Jänis

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages Center   Foreign Languages Center EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 1:53 pm

Just remembered that I know Swedish too.
Back to top Go down
Fairlight
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Fairlight

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages Center   Foreign Languages Center EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 3:15 pm

I can't speak any other languages but I'll volunteer as a Britpicker if anyone wants one.
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages Center   Foreign Languages Center EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 8:25 pm

I know French, German and Latin.

Ummm, and a tiny bit of Hindi.

Oh, and since it hasn't been covered yet, I know a native Japanese speaker (half Japanese, half English) who would probably be willing to translate a few things if I asked him really nicely. And gave him a hug.
Back to top Go down
Goat
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Goat

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages Center   Foreign Languages Center EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 8:50 pm

My first language is Spanish.
Back to top Go down
Deutschtard
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Deutschtard

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages Center   Foreign Languages Center EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 4:30 am

Roo wrote:
Well, in the unlikely event that anyone should need someone fluent in Norwegian, Swedish and/or Danish, there's me.

I'll eventually like to learn all three of those! I know a couple songs in the first two and...half a song in the last one(since it's in Danglish)

Sorsa A. Jänis wrote:
I'm native speaker of Finnish. If anybody ever needed that kind of help, I'm more than willing to help. Back in the GAFF I actually helped someone with Finnish, but can't remember who. :eyebrow:

I may not need help for actual WRITING, but I love Finnish. I listen to a lot of Finnish bands (and some that even sing in Finnish)

ANYWAY. My first language is English, but I'm fluent in Spanish and I'm getting there in German. My syntax and the verb order rules are still a little iffy, but I've got a rather large vocabulary.
Back to top Go down
Sorsa A. Jänis
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sorsa A. Jänis

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages Center   Foreign Languages Center EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 1:32 pm

Deutschtard wrote:
Roo wrote:

I'll eventually like to learn all three of those! I know a couple songs in the first two and...half a song in the last one(since it's in Danglish)

Sorsa A. Jänis wrote:

I may not need help for actual WRITING, but I love Finnish. I listen to a lot of Finnish bands (and some that even sing in Finnish)

ANYWAY. My first language is English, but I'm fluent in Spanish and I'm getting there in German. My syntax and the verb order rules are still a little iffy, but I've got a rather large vocabulary.
Please become my friend Foreign Languages Center 309696
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Exodia's Right Leg
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Exodia's Right Leg

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages Center   Foreign Languages Center EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 6:20 am

I can help with Brazilian Portuguese, and I have a friend who can translate Malay into English and vice-versa.
Back to top Go down
Deutschtard
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Deutschtard

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages Center   Foreign Languages Center EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 7:21 pm

Sorsa A. Jänis wrote:
Deutschtard wrote:
Roo wrote:

Sorsa A. Jänis wrote:

Please become my friend Foreign Languages Center 309696
Spoiler:

Haha, alright :D I only know some Ruoska songs, a little Maj Karma, Mokoma, and then bands like Sonata Arctica, but the language is gorgeous. ^_^
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages Center   Foreign Languages Center EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 6:52 am

I'm PM-able. For German, duh.
Back to top Go down
Saleha
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Saleha

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages Center   Foreign Languages Center EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 10:25 am

Heh, late to the party, but I can offer German (native speaker) and Japanese (am in my third year and am currently in contact with a Japanese exchange student who can fix up any mistakes I still make).
Back to top Go down
http://diva-urd.livejournal.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages Center   Foreign Languages Center Empty

Back to top Go down

Foreign Languages Center
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next