Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers

Go down 
+16
EileenK98
AngryRobotsInc
Rabid Badger
Raine
Penguin
Narwhal
KJM
grmblfjx
unskilled78
chibi_trillian
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Melissa
ZoZo
Mae Bedlam
Ceres
King Bee
20 posters
AuthorMessage
King Bee
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
King Bee

Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers Empty
PostSubject: Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers   Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 11:08 am

This sums up my reaction right here. Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers 724940

Quote :
This is one of those stories that gets passed from one friend to another by e-mail and twitter, and quickly spreads around offices. It almost sounds like something you’d read in The Onion, but the deeper you get into the story, the more serious it becomes. Who knows if its even true? The story is being reported by a bunch of international newspapers, which would lead you to believe so (but I’m still skeptical). Read on..

Shanghai Daily is reporting that a 14-year-old from Yibin in Sichuan, China has been drinking Gasoline for the last five years to become a “valiant fighter” like Optimus Prime. The youngster first saw the animated Transformers tv series when he was nine years old, and was so impressed that be “that he began drinking fuel on a daily basis to “obtain energy” and become a mighty warrior like the Transformers.”

The kids parents scolded the kid after he started smelling the gas in cigarette lighters, and later began to notice that the gasoline in their motorcycle had begin disappearing. They caught the kid in the act and locked the motorcycle away, but the boy started stealing gasoline from unsuspecting neighbors. After the parents learned that their child was drinking two or three bottles a day, they decided to take him to a hospital. The doctor explained to the boy that he would not gain supernatural strength, but instead now has mental disorders from the lead and a strong “gasoline dependence.”

“Since my son start to drink gas, his intelligence quotient dropped sharply and he couldn’t figure out addition and subtraction of sums within 100,” the father said. “Before that, he was a very smart boy, and he could even repair the television. But now he doesn’t know the answer of 7 plus 17.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Ceres
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Ceres

PostSubject: Re: Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers   Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 11:12 am

Can't believe this is real. But if it is, this seems appropiate:

Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers 927788
Back to top Go down
Mae Bedlam
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mae Bedlam

PostSubject: Re: Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers   Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 11:18 am

King Bee wrote:
Shanghai Daily is reporting that a 14-year-old from Yibin in Sichuan, China has been drinking Gasoline for the last five years
Quote :
14-year-old
Quote :
14-year-old
A CHALLENGER APPROACHES THE NARUTO SANDBOX KID
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers   Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 11:47 am

If he'd have died, that would be a Darwin award.

Quote :
“Since my son start to drink gas, his intelligence quotient dropped sharply and he couldn’t figure out addition and subtraction of sums within 100,” the father said. “Before that, he was a very smart boy, and he could even repair the television. But now he doesn’t know the answer of 7 plus 17.”
Somehow, I find this difficult to believe.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers   Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 12:06 pm

If he drank gasoline, he probably wasn't all that smart to begin with.
Here's the Onion article they were probably thinking about:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers   Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 12:49 pm

Considering that he would have been nine years old when he started...

But still, you'd think most kids would be brighter than that.

It's not even as if Transformers ever used gasoline as fuel anyway. They always refer to it as 'Energon', and it's bright pink. And cube-shaped.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
chibi_trillian

chibi_trillian

PostSubject: Re: Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers   Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 1:04 pm

Giant robot: you're doing it wrong.

I'm impressed that he's survived this long. People die regularly from sniffing gasoline, much less drinking it. And it's also a fairly nasty carcinogen, so hello, stomach cancer.
Back to top Go down
unskilled78
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers   Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 1:11 pm

On the plus side, I bet he'd burn nicely...
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers   Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 2:34 pm

chibi_trillian wrote:
I'm impressed that he's survived this long. People die regularly from sniffing gasoline, much less drinking it. And it's also a fairly nasty carcinogen, so hello, stomach cancer.

That's why I'm thinking it's bullshit.
Back to top Go down
KJM
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers   Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 3:40 pm

I also call bullshit.
Back to top Go down
http://kennethmrrw502.blogspot.com/
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers   Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 5:11 pm

He was a "very smart boy"? He started drinking gasoline because he saw robots doing it on a shitty cartoon! How in the blue fuck does that qualify as "very smart"?
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers   Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 5:53 pm

I think 9 was actually when I entered my "yelling at the TV because all the victims on Rescue 911 brought it on themselves" phase. I recall seething hatred for the boy who tried to put out a fire with gasoline.

I was a horrible child.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers   Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 6:35 pm

Mae Bedlam wrote:

A CHALLENGER APPROACHES THE NARUTO SANDBOX KID

Now, I tend to believe that was actually a bullying incident gone wrong considering the involvement of the other kids (although it still reeks of stupidity). For this case, however, the kid did it all himself and there's only him to blame. I have to wonder how the parents didn't notice sooner or put a stop to it.

Regardless, they better not put that kid near an open flame of any kind.

(And yeah, I might just call bullshit on this too)
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers   Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 8:42 pm

Quote :
“Since my son start to drink gas, his intelligence quotient dropped
sharply and he couldn’t figure out addition and subtraction of sums
within 100,” the father said. “Before that, he was a very smart
boy, and he could even repair the television. But now he doesn’t know
the answer of 7 plus 17.”

On the plus side,he now gets 25 mpg... Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers 611762

I'm sorry. I couldn't help myself
Back to top Go down
AngryRobotsInc
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
AngryRobotsInc

PostSubject: Re: Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers   Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 11:33 pm

I call BS. That much gasoline a day? Kid'd be dead. I'm going to have to see more sources before it seems any less fake.

ETA:
Quote :
Gasoline is not as readily absorbed from
the gastrointestinal tract as from the respiratory tract.
In adults, about 20 to 50 g can cause severe intoxication
and 350 g (12 oz.) can result in death for a 70 kg individual.
As little as 10 to 15 g (less than one-half ounce) may be
fatal in children. Symptoms of intoxication by ingestion of
gasoline can range from vomiting, vertigo, drowsiness and
confusion to loss of consciousness, convulsions, hemorrhaging
of the lungs and internal organs, and death due to circulatory
failure. Ingestion can cause irritation to the gastrointestinal
mucosa and can be complicated by pulmonary aspiration, resulting
in chemical pneumonitis.

From here. Total BS, that story.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers   Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 3:37 am

Also, why would he start by sniffing? I find it conceivable that some (considerably younger) kid might drink gasoline (once) because the transformers do it. Do transformers generally have a sniffing habit? scratch
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers   Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 5:49 am

grmblfjx wrote:
Also, why would he start by sniffing? I find it conceivable that some (considerably younger) kid might drink gasoline (once) because the transformers do it. Do transformers generally have a sniffing habit? scratch

Only in Very Special Episodes.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers   Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 7:27 am

grmblfjx wrote:

Not that I've heard.

Just goes to show you no country has a monopoly on stupidity. :roflmao:
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers   Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 4:24 pm

Quote :

What, nonexistent? If true, he succeeded.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers   Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 9:42 pm

Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:

It's not even as if Transformers ever used gasoline as fuel anyway. They always refer to it as 'Energon', and it's bright pink. And cube-shaped.

So, maybe he should've eaten Spam instead? Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers 611762
I don't know if this is fake. I hope it is. I hope no one's that stupid.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers   Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 5:16 am

Melissa wrote:

So, maybe he should've eaten Spam instead? Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers 611762

Well, seeing as Spam is edible and harmless...
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Hot Cancer
Playwright
Playwright
Hot Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers   Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 2:41 pm

In the absence of Spotts on this thread, I'll call in the expert:

I don't believe that kid could possibly be alive drinking it on a "daily basis" for 5 years. Furthermore, even the most incompetent of parents would've surely have been able to stop him a bit sooner. How the fuck was he stealing "2-3 bottles of it" of unsuspecting neighbours a day anyway? Aren't they familiar with the concept of grounding someone?
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers   Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 10:18 pm

Melissa wrote:

Well, seeing as Spam is edible and harmless...

Harmless, maybe, but just barely edible.
Back to top Go down
Loki

Loki

PostSubject: Re: Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers   Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 12:52 am

In related news... drinking the stuff under your kitchen sink can turn you into skeletor. I have proof.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers   Kid drinks Gasoline to become more like the Transformers Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1