Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF

Go down 
+68
Braigwen
Reepicheep-chan
Happyhooligan2001
ViewSonic
Kiyomi94
VampireNaomi
fapfapfap
Penguin
4shadowedice4
Minunlike
Knorg
Owlish
rae
neris
the asylum
Quijotesca
KelinciHutan
Adagio
TheIan
Ghost in the Machine
Pengwolf
Bad Luck Charm
Philomena
Azzandra
Shinracentric
Rabid Badger
pirategrrl
Tungsten Monk
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Yattara
Nar
EileenK98
Technobrat
lemmingwriter
Seule
Miss Prince
Jay/Cris
InkWeaver
Sorsa A. Jänis
Sarin
Sutremaine
Shisaiga
Lurv
bleachedblackcat
Cactus Wren
Jenchu
rachel
The Unoriginal
Exodia's Right Leg
Sara Jaye
Lembech
Nevvy
kryceksangel
Keith Fraser
myeerah
Fairlight
Delcat
Alhazred
Raine
Chaltab
Inciter
KJM
I_Lam_Edhellen
ZoZo
grmblfjx
Lady Anne
Wandering Critic
quamp
72 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Inciter
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Inciter

Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF   Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 2:00 am

Quote :
-------------------

BITCH GET SOME SKILLS IN I DON'T KNOW... THE FUCKING KITCHEN? Just whatever
you do, stop writing.
That was a recent review to something I wrote back in 2005. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] It was a bizarre review, to say the least. I mean, I know I'm not that good of a writer, but I didn't think I was that terrible either.
Back to top Go down
Nevvy
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF   Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 11:54 am

I've gotten some stupid story ideas, but I've also gotten one or two good ones, oddly. I still wouldn't write them, but anyway.

The weirdest one I've ever got (and I can't find it right now, will post it if I do), was this guy writing a loooong story about how he was blind and depressed, and my stories was one of the only things keeping him from killing himself. He also posted a phone number and e-mail adress begging me to contact him. Oh, and something about please, please not giving up writing out of the blue, when he was reviewing something out of the middle of a long series. Weirded out, I did some research and found that he posted the same thing on other people's stuff, and some person saying that whatever you do, don't e-mail him because it's impossible to get rid of him afterwards, he just keeps hitting you with more bullshit stories about his misery.
Back to top Go down
Lembech
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lembech

PostSubject: Re: Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF   Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 2:10 pm

Inciter wrote:
Quote :
-------------------

BITCH GET SOME SKILLS IN I DON'T KNOW... THE FUCKING KITCHEN? Just whatever
you do, stop writing.
That was a recent review to something I wrote back in 2005. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] It was a bizarre review, to say the least. I mean, I know I'm not that good of a writer, but I didn't think I was that terrible either.

MIKEY, IS THAT YOU? :downs:
Back to top Go down
Sara Jaye
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sara Jaye

PostSubject: Re: Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF   Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 5:51 pm

Lately, quite a few Fire Emblem writers on ff.net-me included-have gotten some whiny reviews from a person called Lupe. She's an obsessive Karel fangirl who works a lot like Cori Falls in that she rejects canon, insists her headcanon is the REAL story and whines every time someone writes Karel slash or portrays him as less than a perfect angel.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF   Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 7:19 pm

Sara Jaye wrote:
Lately, quite a few Fire Emblem writers on ff.net-me included-have gotten some whiny reviews from a person called Lupe. She's an obsessive Karel fangirl who works a lot like Cori Falls in that she rejects canon, insists her headcanon is the REAL story and whines every time someone writes Karel slash or portrays him as less than a perfect angel.
There's one of these in the Titanic fandom, too, known as Insectlover, Cherie Hapney, or Cynthia Hansen. She adores the character Fabrizio, and is enraged if anyone portrays him as less than perfect. She even put together an online petition in an attempt to get me to remove a certain story from my website (she got all of four signatures, including one that looks to be a Nigerian scam). [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm tempted to write a Jack/Fabrizio slashfic just to get her reaction, which will surely be good for lots of snarking and lolz.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Exodia's Right Leg
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Exodia's Right Leg

PostSubject: Re: Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF   Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 9:40 pm

Lady Anne wrote:
Sara Jaye wrote:
There's one of these in the Titanic fandom, too, known as Insectlover, Cherie Hapney, or Cynthia Hansen. She adores the character Fabrizio, and is enraged if anyone portrays him as less than perfect. She even put together an online petition in an attempt to get me to remove a certain story from my website (she got all of four signatures, including one that looks to be a Nigerian scam). [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm tempted to write a Jack/Fabrizio slashfic just to get her reaction, which will surely be good for lots of snarking and lolz.
Do it! Don't just say, do it!
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF   Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 3:16 am

My audience is exceptionally well-behaved but I did get the occasional oddball:

Someone reviewing my X-Men fic wrote:
I dunno... that Joseph from the comics seemed too good to be true. No one is ever that innocent or altruistic. I just wanted to see Eeny and Meany munch on him.
That was all.
Like I had a say in how Joseph was portrayed in canon anyway.

It's like showing your new car to your friends and one of them said, "Uh, I don't know. I've been in Detroit once. The weather was shitty and I didn't like the hotel."
Back to top Go down
rachel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
rachel

PostSubject: Re: Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF   Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 7:38 pm

I've just added another author to my "Do not click on the link, ever" list partly because of her character bashing but mostly because of her pissy responses to the people who call her on it. Do these two traits always go together?
Back to top Go down
kryceksangel

kryceksangel

PostSubject: Re: Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF   Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 1:04 am

I received this review for a story I haven't worked on in a few years:

Quote :
I-I wanted t-to write a story like this b-but, I'm n-not a very g-good
author...B-But, if i-it is alright, may I-I continue?
Back to top Go down
Jenchu

Jenchu

PostSubject: Re: Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF   Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 2:35 am

I wrote a Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life romance fic involving Muffy. When I posted it I got several replies saying that it was a good fic but that it would be soooo much better if I got rid of Muffy and replaced her with Nami instead.

I have nothing against Nami. She was the first one I married on that game, but I grew to like Muffy so much more and I feel so bad for her because of the bad rep she gets. And it just astounds me that people would request that I change the whole basis of my fic cause they don't like a character. I mean... it's not like the place was flooded with Muffy fics or something...
Back to top Go down
Cactus Wren
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Cactus Wren

PostSubject: Re: Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF   Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 4:12 am

Wandering Critic wrote:
The best answer I've ever heard of is "How about you keep the idea, write the story yourself, and then you get all the money?"

In one fanforum, a poster went on at some length about all these fascinating stories she'd written. I said something like, "That sounds interesting -- I'm really eager to see your work!" Whereupon she explained absolutely matter-of-factly that when she said she'd "written" them, she meant she had written them in her head. That was the hard part, right? Now all she had to do was the easy part, the actually writing.

Yeah.
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF   Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 10:20 pm

I was stupid and told someone that babies don’t change gender in the womb at seven months in real life. Also, if someone is born with both male and female body parts they’re considered intersexual and he would have noticed some bleeding from his ass if he’d been able to have babies.

She replied but was pretty mature about the matter (for a fan brat)

Then someone else decided that they didn’t like my review.

Quote :
It's people like you who annoy the living crap out of me. Are you /that/ rude that you have to tell someone off like that? For gods sake, don't question Mpreg. Even if Ri had an odd explination, you really should feel the need to point it out and tell her all the damn facts. It's not that big of a deal. It's not like this is going to be published into a book or anything and a ton more people out in the real world would see this than the already several thousand people on FF.

Yes, Mpreg rarely makes sense. I understand that. But do you make such obviously rude comments on other's stories if they don't make sense or are incorrect? Were you the one who posted a review like this on one of my stories? Let's hope not.

Quote :
You know, the writer already sent me a message and she's a lot more mature then you. I know that Mpreg most of the time makes little or no sense but if you have people in a normal setting you need some sort of reason for it. Harry Potter and most Hetalia fics can get away with it because they're not set in the 'real' world. If someone complains about your story they're either trying to help or trying to annoy you. Sorry if someone has flamed you (though judging from your attitude I can’t help but wonder if you’re the type to go off the deep end because someone dared to tell you that your story wasn’t perfect) but I don't really see why you feel the need to defend other people's stories.

Yes, I could have been nicer. But I’d been having a really bad day and I hate people who feel like they need to defend someone else. But if I hadn’t of replied I wouldn’t have gotten this gem.

Quote :
I feel the need to defend other people's stories because Ri is my friend. Telling me that she's more mature than me is like telling a banana it's yellow. It's obvious and I don't need someone else to point it out.

Deep end? Ha, you haven't seen my deep end. I'm just annoyed with people who feel the need to point out every little thing. I don't usually check reviews, especially on my friend's stories. So when I saw Ri was deeply annoyed with your review, I felt the need to respond myself.

Now, back to the story. Once again, is the meaning about the setting or whys of the story really that important to a /fanfiction?/ Fanfiction is -fun- stories written by fans of the show, no one really needs to be a good writer to write here, and definatly no one needs to be a total critic about the logic. Once again, it's a -story.-

You hear that people? Logic shouldn't be used in fanfics!

I'm trying to figure out if I should reply to her and see how pissed she gets or be mature and just ignore her.
Back to top Go down
Lurv
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lurv

PostSubject: Re: Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF   Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 7:53 am

Cactus Wren wrote:
Wandering Critic wrote:
The best answer I've ever heard of is "How about you keep the idea, write the story yourself, and then you get all the money?"

In one fanforum, a poster went on at some length about all these fascinating stories she'd written. I said something like, "That sounds interesting -- I'm really eager to see your work!" Whereupon she explained absolutely matter-of-factly that when she said she'd "written" them, she meant she had written them in her head. That was the hard part, right? Now all she had to do was the easy part, the actually writing.

Yeah.
What? Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF - Page 2 611762 Unless she has actually formulated every sentence in her head, and somehow remembers them, I think she'd be in for a nasty surprise.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF   Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 9:08 am

bleachedblackcat wrote:
I'm trying to figure out if I should reply to her and see how pissed she gets or be mature and just ignore her.
Reply! Then tell us what she says. It's good for the lolz.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF   Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 9:19 am

Lurv wrote:
What? Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF - Page 2 611762
Unless she has actually formulated every sentence in her head, and
somehow remembers them, I think she'd be in for a nasty surprise.
Even if she does, she'll realise how damn slow is typing. Now wouldn't it be cool if there was a device like those 'squids' that they had in Strange Days...

However, I think she was bragging. Unless you're a terminal bookworm, chances are your mind processes images rather than sentences; especially since most of the fandoms regard visual media.
Translating what I am seeing in my mind into its own description is the hardest part of writing for me. Writing in a non-native language is a breeze in comparison.
Back to top Go down
Shisaiga
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Shisaiga

PostSubject: Re: Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF   Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 12:29 pm

The Unoriginal wrote:
Lurv wrote:
Even if she does, she'll realise how damn slow is typing. Now wouldn't it be cool if there was a device like those 'squids' that they had in Strange Days...

However, I think she was bragging. Unless you're a terminal bookworm, chances are your mind processes images rather than sentences; especially since most of the fandoms regard visual media.
Translating what I am seeing in my mind into its own description is the hardest part of writing for me. Writing in a non-native language is a breeze in comparison.

Wait, wait, wait... you think in pictures? Really? Can you please explain that to me? An ex-boyfriend once said he thought in images, as an excuse for why he couldn't remember conversations properly or something, and I always thought he was either talking out of his ass or crazy or something. I mean, sure, I can picture something in my mind, but it's not the default setting. How would you even picture something like the word "sentence" for example? It just doesn't make any sense to me.
Back to top Go down
Sutremaine
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sutremaine

PostSubject: Re: Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF   Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 12:41 pm

bleachedblackcat wrote:
But if I hadn’t of replied I wouldn’t have gotten this gem.
...If you had not of replied? Sorry, misused 'of's are a major peeve of mine.

I wonder how fanbrats would take a fic that starts with the insanity/normality of random mpreg and descends into a David Lynch fever dream. If a world is home to men who play seahorse and go through pregnancy, would it really be so odd for people to, say, shed their skin periodically as they grow, or to mate by hanging off trees and then turning their sex organs out of their bodies and twirling them around like fluorescent parasols?
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF   Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 12:49 pm

Quote :
Quote :
But if I hadn’t of replied I wouldn’t have gotten this gem.
...If you had not of replied? Sorry, misused 'of's are a major peeve of mine.

Sorry and thanks, I always tend to do that without thinking. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sarin
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sarin

PostSubject: Re: Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF   Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 1:07 pm

Shisaiga wrote:
Wait, wait, wait... you think in pictures? Really? Can you please explain that to me? An ex-boyfriend once said he thought in images, as an excuse for why he couldn't remember conversations properly or something, and I always thought he was either talking out of his ass or crazy or something. I mean, sure, I can picture something in my mind, but it's not the default setting. How would you even picture something like the word "sentence" for example? It just doesn't make any sense to me.

To give a couple examples: when you remember a movie, I'm guessing you remember mainly the script, and when you're going somewhere, you navigate by the street names; people who think in images remember mainly the mise en scène of the movie, and the landmarks around the turns they need to make to reach their destination (and usually suck with the street names).
Back to top Go down
Sorsa A. Jänis
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sorsa A. Jänis

PostSubject: Re: Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF   Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 1:17 pm

Shisaiga wrote:
The Unoriginal wrote:
Lurv wrote:

It's when everything moves like a film in your head. That happens in my head. I can't remember the names of people nor do I remember the street names, but remember all the landmarks like some special looking building or the colour of a person jacket etc.

This is how I think my stories and answers to this board for example. Converting them to actual words is much more difficult.

Edit: Dammit Sarin
Back to top Go down
http://sunbeamattack.deviantart.com/
Lurv
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lurv

PostSubject: Re: Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF   Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 1:23 pm

Well, when it comes to visual stuff, like remembering things I've seen, I think in pictures, but I do often think in words when I'm trying to think up ideas for a written story. "Writing" the whole story in my head first wouldn't work well, though, because I won't remember much, so if I come up with some sentences that sounds good in my head, I always try to write them down as fast as I can.

But I guess it would help my descriptions more if I could picture it all instead.
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF   Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 1:23 pm

^ That's why I can't give directions. It usually ends up like, "Okay, and then you take a right at that statue with all the pigeon poop on it - but make sure it's not the statue a few streets down, the one of the wolf, 'cause then you've gone too far, and -- "

It's kind of amazing that Delcat ever found me in Michigan. Even with Mapquest, I'm incomprehensible with directions. I think I told her the blue cabin on the left, and then I realized there were three blue cabins before mine.
Back to top Go down
Shisaiga
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Shisaiga

PostSubject: Re: Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF   Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 1:25 pm

Sarin wrote:
Shisaiga wrote:

To give a couple examples: when you remember a movie, I'm guessing you remember mainly the script, and when you're going somewhere, you navigate by the street names; people who think in images remember mainly the mise en scène (no idea if I'm using that term correctly, btw) of the movie, and the landmarks around the turns they need to make to reach their destination (and usually suck with the street names).
What does mise en scène mean? It makes sense to remember the pictures as pictures, but what about the dialog? Do they remember the dialog as dialog or as pictures?

I remember both, actually, the dialog as dialog, and the pictures I describe with words in my head, but of course I can recall the pictures as pictures as well. But recalling the pictures as pictures is not what I would call thinking, that is using my imagination/recalling something seen. I can't remember street names well, so I guess I go by what the houses look like, but that's not thinking either, that's like calling up a map in your brain, isn't it?

I am more confused at how someone can think up original concepts with pictures. What, when you think you love someone, you see in your mind a picture of them and a picture of a heart? (I do realize that would be really simplified, even if that happened to be how it works, I'm just trying to show you where my problem lies.)

Edit: Okay, so I type slowly. I saw a couple more replies once I posted this reply. ... So, some of you really see a movie in your head? Really?
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF   Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 1:41 pm

I consider myself a visual thinker, and when I think of someone I love, it's like one big picture of all the things I love about them, associated with an all-over good feeling, uh...

Okay, I don't really know how to explain it, on second thought.
Back to top Go down
Shisaiga
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Shisaiga

PostSubject: Re: Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF   Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 1:47 pm

InkWeaver wrote:
I consider myself a visual thinker, and when I think of someone I love, it's like one big picture of all the things I love about them, associated with an all-over good feeling, uh...

Okay, I don't really know how to explain it, on second thought.
But... isn't that too much to think of all at once? I mean, if you have all of that at once in your "picture", how can you even think about anything else at the same time? How do you think about two people, or three together? Isn't that really bothersome and, I don't know, stuffed full and difficult?

And how about abstract concepts? Like freedom or justice? How can you even picture those?

Oh, and I'm sorry if I'm offending anyone here, I'm just really, honestly confused and trying to understand this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF   Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Reviews & replies: The good, the bad, and the WTF
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next