Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dave Strider and the Abusive Boyfriend

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nin

Nin

Dave Strider and the Abusive Boyfriend Empty
PostSubject: Dave Strider and the Abusive Boyfriend   Dave Strider and the Abusive Boyfriend EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 10:04 pm

HOO BOY. Swamped with work and college crap, all I can bring myself to do is go through my shitty role play prompt collection. LET'S HIT IT!

Quote :
((Asshole!John and Dave sorta thing.

Already off to a fantastic start! You see, kids, the pairing of Dave and John in the fandom is almost a cliche in and of itself. Dave is the 'cool' kid, generally depicted as being some kind of weird angsty albino whereas John is normally turned from a well-intentioned asshole to a sniveling shota. Good times.

Quote :
Kinda along the lines of John using Dave for some sexual experimentation and Dave trying to convince himself he's more than an experiment while John's doing the whole "I don't love him, I'm not even gay, this is just to get some and see how it feels." even if he so totally loves Dave and is causing unnecessary drama.))

See, this should have just been made into a wretched fanfic instead of the author trying to find someone to play within these restricting boundaries. Will they ever learn?

Quote :
Another day and it's all the same. Go to school, come back to the apartment, and mess around with John.

Eerily similar to my daily schedule, actually. Minus the leaving school.

Quote :
Every damn day held those activities, others in between, but always those three.

He went to school on the weekends? What an idiot.

Quote :
Dave loved John, had for a while. And when John kissed him out of no where, he melted into it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Quote :
He always fucking melted into it. He knew Johns till brought girls home, and he knew John's kisses were less than loving, and he knew John never really reciprocated what was done in the bedroom.

Seems typical of John. Fucking asshole. Him and his love of Fruit Gushers and pranks.

Quote :
So why was he staying? Why wasn't he listening to his half sister and moving out, or calling John out on this shit?

Yeah! How come?

Quote :
Because he loved him for one.

Well, he IS an abusive, out of character asshole. Frankly, I'm having a hard time not getting with John either.

Quote :
For two, he had to have been almost as much of a self-loathing ass as that Vantas kid in his creative writing class at the county college.

That's actually kinda funny. A community college AU probably exists, though, and it's probably awful.

Quote :
Sighing, Dave ran a hand through his hair, forcing tears away from his eyes as he adjusted his shades. John wasn't just using him. He cared.

Quote :
They had been best friends for years, and John wouldn't ever just used Dave like an object. Would he?

"I mean, yeah, he's used me as a cutting board a couple of times, but that's just because I'm convenient and fairly one dimensional."

Quote :
Shaking his head to shake away the thoughts, Dave looked up from his spot on the couch as he heard the door open. Things weren't the same.

'Dave often pointed out obvious changes in his surroundings, such as the sun going down or the oxygen depleting.'

Quote :
He used to call out corny things to John or throw plans at him, or talking between classes. Now, he couldn't even look John in the eye half the time, or comfortably lay and watch a movie with him.

Truly this marriage is coming apart at the seams.

Quote :
They were pulling apart only to collide together under the covers in the darkness of Dave's room, only for John to return to his own once satisfied and leaving Dave choking back sobs.

Seems like a healthy relationship to me!

Quote :
"You're back early." he commented aloud to break the silence, the first words he spoke to John all day.

Really, what do they think someone playing John would do in this situation? It's not really in character for him to be knowingly abusive, and he definitely wouldn't butt up with Dave, seeing as John is so stridently heterosexual. Why do people insist on making such awkward and unpleasant prompts for role playing? Do they just have no patience to sit down and write it all out for themselves? Lazy goddamn kids.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: Dave Strider and the Abusive Boyfriend   Dave Strider and the Abusive Boyfriend EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 9:28 am

I am never really going to get how angsty, sob-bucket, abused Dave became such a huge cliche.
Back to top Go down
Dixie
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Dixie

PostSubject: Re: Dave Strider and the Abusive Boyfriend   Dave Strider and the Abusive Boyfriend EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 12:59 pm

When I first saw this thread title, I thought "If it's a girl, they're gunna call it Sigourney, after the actress. If it's a boy, they'll call it Aragorn, after Dave."

How many people do you know who can get Only Fools and Horses (RIP Roger Lloyd Pack), Lord of the Rings and some role-playing thing I've never heard of into one post?
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: Dave Strider and the Abusive Boyfriend   Dave Strider and the Abusive Boyfriend EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 2:53 pm

Nin wrote:
Quote :
For two, he had to have been almost as much of a self-loathing ass as that Vantas kid in his creative writing class at the county college.
That's actually kinda funny. A community college AU probably exists, though, and it's probably awful.
I read one based on college radio and it was p good.

Quote :
He used to call out corny things to John or throw plans at him, or talking between classes. Now, he couldn't even look John in the eye half the time, or comfortably lay and watch a movie with him.

Back to top Go down
Nin

Nin

PostSubject: Re: Dave Strider and the Abusive Boyfriend   Dave Strider and the Abusive Boyfriend EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 7:32 pm

Reepicheep-chan wrote:
Nin wrote:
Quote :

Wasn't that the one where Dave and Tavros got together? I started that one, liked it initially, but got bored with it fast.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: Dave Strider and the Abusive Boyfriend   Dave Strider and the Abusive Boyfriend EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 9:32 am

Nin wrote:
Reepicheep-chan wrote:
Nin wrote:
Quote :
Wasn't that the one where Dave and Tavros got together? I started that one, liked it initially, but got bored with it fast.
Yeah I thought it was good, but tastes differ and all. I tend to leave the storylines where shit actually happens up to canon and read fanfics that are mostly pissing around. In any case I would not call it 'awful.'
Back to top Go down
Nin

Nin

PostSubject: Re: Dave Strider and the Abusive Boyfriend   Dave Strider and the Abusive Boyfriend EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 12:42 am

Reepicheep-chan wrote:
Yeah I thought it was good, but tastes differ and all.  I tend to leave the storylines where shit actually happens up to canon and read fanfics that are mostly pissing around.  In any case I would not call it 'awful.'

Me neither. Just not my personal bag, was all. Humanstuck is my shit, son.

I'll have to get one of the shitty Humanstuck Karkat prompts I have one of these days. Maybe this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dave Strider and the Abusive Boyfriend   Dave Strider and the Abusive Boyfriend Empty

Back to top Go down

Dave Strider and the Abusive Boyfriend
Page 1 of 1