Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Maryville

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

Maryville Empty
PostSubject: Maryville   Maryville EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 1:57 pm

Hey ya'll! Remember the Steubenville rape catastrophe? Ready for a serious case of whiplash?

WOOOHOOOO!

Sauce wrote:
That morning last April when Melinda Coleman received word that emergency vehicles were gathering around her Maryville house, she had hoped for the best.

But if the events of the past year and a half had taught her anything, it was that when the town of Maryville was involved, that seemed unlikely.
Such a conclusion seems rather inevitable in small towns these days.
sauce wrote:

Few dispute the basic facts of what happened in the early morning hours of Jan. 8, 2012: A high school senior had sex with Coleman’s 14-year-old daughter, another boy did the same with her daughter’s 13-year-old friend, and a third student video-recorded one of the bedding scenes.
Yes. A "bedding". That's what he was filming. Really guys, this was just a misunderstood "The Notebook" project for their lit class.

sauce wrote:
Yet, two months later, the Nodaway County prosecutor dropped the felony cases against the youths, one the grandson of a longtime area political figure.

The incident sparked outrage in the community, though the worst of it was directed not at the accused perpetrators but at a victim and her family. In the months that followed, Coleman lost her job, and her children were routinely harassed. When it became too much, they left, retreating east to Albany.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

sauce wrote:
Hardly a day went by, it seemed, without driving past his old medical practice or the place where the wreck had occurred. Months after the death, well-meaning friends still introduced Melinda, a veterinarian, as “Dr. Coleman’s widow.”
I know this is kinda neither here nor there, but uh....

...... uh....

... wat

sauce wrote:
Barnett played defensive end for Maryville High School’s vaunted football team, the Spoofhounds,
..... still beside the point but PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTHAHAHAHAHAHA

sauce wrote:
She had woken moments earlier to the sound of scratching at the front door — the dogs, she figured, had gotten out — and grudgingly went to investigate.

Instead, she found Daisy, sprawled on the front porch and barely conscious.

The low temperature in the area that day was listed at 22 degrees, and the teen had spent roughly three hours outside, wearing only a T-shirt and sweatpants. Her hair was frozen. Scattered across an adjacent lot were her daughter’s purse, shoes and cellphone.
sauce wrote:

Still struggling to make sense of it all, Coleman carried her daughter to the bathroom, to be undressed for a warm bath.

That’s when she saw the redness around her daughter’s genitalia and buttocks. It hurt, the girl said, when Coleman asked about it. Then she began crying.

But remember, this is just "a bedding".

sauce wrote:
Around 2 a.m., the girls were driven back to the Coleman house, where, the 13-year-old said, the boys told her to go on inside, saying they would watch over Daisy outside until she sobered up.

The younger girl also offered a significant detail, one later reiterated in the interviews of at least three of the boys.

As Daisy was carried to the car, she was crying.
It's ok, I bet he kissed her tears away. What a hunk.
sauce wrote:

“This is a small community, and it definitely was stressful for us here, without a doubt,” she said, but “if you were to ask me point-blank (why the firing), I would say it’s because our style of medicine didn’t jive.”
"And by that I mean Daisy's mother being around seriously makes me feel guilty about slut-shaming her daughter. I can't handle that guilt, man. Who can?"

sauce wrote:
The felony sexual assault charge against Barnett, as well as Zech’s sexual exploitation count, had been dismissed.

sauce wrote:
Many in town are happy to put the episode behind them, including White, who makes little attempt to mask his opinion of Coleman, a woman he says “clearly has issues.”
Yeah, her "issue" is that her daughter got raped and the strongest emotional reaction she's getting from anyone is a shrug and "well she shouldn't have made herself so rapeable". You dense fuck.
sauce wrote:

In a recent retweet, he expressed his views on women — and their desire for his sexual attentions — this way:

“If her name begins with A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z, she wants the D.”
Charming.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

Maryville Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maryville   Maryville EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 2:48 pm

I've been following this on Twitter.

Anonymous is now involved, and the case is to be reopened. Shitton of links here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The best part is how the Colemans' old house MYSTERIOUSLY BURNED DOWN after they moved and were trying to sell it.
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
bleachedblackcat

Maryville Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maryville   Maryville EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 7:32 pm

God this is horrifying.

Though I've got to say, even with all the assholes the internet is still making me proud of how they are not going to let this case rest.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

Maryville Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maryville   Maryville EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 9:18 am

Cyberwulf wrote:
I've been following this on Twitter.

Anonymous is now involved, and the case is to be reopened. Shitton of links here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The best part is how the Colemans' old house MYSTERIOUSLY BURNED DOWN after they moved and were trying to sell it.
How much do you want to bet the family of one of the rapists hired somebody to torch the place?
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

Maryville Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maryville   Maryville EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 11:29 am

Mr.Doobie wrote:
Hey ya'll! Remember the Steubenville rape catastrophe?
Well, anybody who doesn't remember it is about to get reminded in a big way...

AP & Yahoo! News wrote:
STEUBENVILLE, Ohio (AP) — An Ohio school superintendent, two coaches and a principal were charged by a grand jury that investigated whether other laws were broken in the rape of a drunken 16-year-old girl by two football players, the state's attorney general said Monday.

The special grand jury convened in Steubenville had investigated whether adults like coaches or school administrators knew of the rape allegation but failed to report it as required by state law.

DeWine said the case initially was about the teenagers involved but had become just as much about the adults, including the parents.
I foresee a lot of job openings in the Steubenville school system in the near future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Maryville Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maryville   Maryville Empty

Back to top Go down

Maryville
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Why God, Why? :: The Sporking Table :: GodAwful Bullshit-
Jump to: