Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Awoken by Serra Elinsen

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Braigwen
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Braigwen

Awoken by Serra Elinsen Empty
PostSubject: Awoken by Serra Elinsen   Awoken by Serra Elinsen EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 2:05 pm

This little gem to be recently shit out is a special kind of horrible. Like, The Room, horrible. The kind you want to keep reading if only for the bat shit insane moments that make you laugh so hard you can't breathe.

Fortunately it's cheap from Amazon if you get it on the Kindle app, about $5.00. If anyone has trouble getting a copy, I will see what I can do.

I have taken the liberty of reading the prologue and this book doesn't waste any time getting into the insanity. It seems to revel in it.

With out further delay, I give you a dramatic reading of Awoken's Prologue: Crashing.

Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Awoken by Serra Elinsen   Awoken by Serra Elinsen EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 10:48 pm

Now that you have heard me torture myself for ten minutes...

Chapter One: Colorless

I can honestly say, being all of six chapters in, that the insanity only gets worse from here.

To start off the introductions, we have Andromeda Slate. If she were being portrayed on the movie screen, she would have a constant perplexed frown on her face.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In nearly every scene, she's complaining about something. Her parents named her Andromeda, her friend is so perfect, her school has an actual arts garden.

Quote :
“This house has more meaning than my life,” I groaned aloud.
First chapter and she has already out Bella'd Bella.

Second is Bree, otherwise known as Bridget Fiffan. A spunky, so called smart red-head just this side of chubby whom, Andromeda is intimidated by. Constantly. She and Andromeda have the standard frenemy relationship where Bridget pretends to care about Andromeda and Andromeda insults Bridget's Good Will clothes behind her back.

And finely, rounding out the trio, we have the token minority; Vivek Mayank. He plays the same role as Jacob and Jose, only more ineffectual and a bit of a pussy.

Vik, as Andi (Andromeda) and Bree (Bridget) call him, brings his parents' latest archaeological acquisition to school with him. It's a book of eldritch magic called the Necronomicon. He does this to get in good with Andi, who is really into old books.

I won't spoil any more of the crazy that happens later on, but there is blood involved. A lot of blood and none of it from Andromeda.

Also, Cthulhu wears FUBU and has a gaggle of cultists style his hair every morning.
Back to top Go down
I_Lam_Edhellen
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
I_Lam_Edhellen

PostSubject: Re: Awoken by Serra Elinsen   Awoken by Serra Elinsen EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 6:47 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You know about this, right?
Back to top Go down
http://www.realelvish.net
Braigwen
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Awoken by Serra Elinsen   Awoken by Serra Elinsen EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 7:51 pm

I_Lam_Edhellen wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You know about this, right?
Of course I do. Doesn't mean I can't play along, does it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Awoken by Serra Elinsen   Awoken by Serra Elinsen Empty

Back to top Go down

Awoken by Serra Elinsen
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Why God, Why? :: The Sporking Table :: New Releases-
Jump to: