Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Applause - Lady Gaga

Go down 
+6
rae
Reepicheep-chan
Penguin
Cunovendus
Mikey Go WOOGA
Mr.Doobie
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

Applause - Lady Gaga Empty
PostSubject: Applause - Lady Gaga   Applause - Lady Gaga EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 1:02 am

So uh..... yeah. Lady Gaga is quickly becoming the most obnoxious thing ever...

Did David Guetta write this beat? I'm serious. This certainly sounds like the kind of soulless dryfuck he churns out on the regular.

(PS: If you're worried that deadmau5 might have a bit too much personality don't worry.... at least you always have David Guetta.)

I feel like I should also mention that Lady Gaga's upcoming album is going to be called "ARTPOP!" which just makes me hope and hope that the album cover is going to be a picture of her sticking her own head up her pooper if only because it would demonstrate at least she still has one self-analytical bone left in her body. The poor dear.

And to knead that salt in a lil' bit more the album is going to be a combo album/iPhone app. I don't know what the fuck that means but it sounds so spectacularly and self-aggrandizingly useless will.i.am is probably kicking himself wondering why he didn't think of it first.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Applause - Lady Gaga   Applause - Lady Gaga EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 1:06 am

Didn't she get fat?

I think she got fat.
Back to top Go down
Cunovendus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Cunovendus

PostSubject: Re: Applause - Lady Gaga   Applause - Lady Gaga EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 3:30 am

Lady Gaga always has been totally overrated. Stuff like this annoys me, because talented musicians are going largely unheard by the public, while this woman simply appears with a kooky outfit and becomes the next big thing in the music industry. But then, the whole music industry seems to be primarily about self-aggrandisement and publicity whoring now, rather than actually creating good music.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Applause - Lady Gaga   Applause - Lady Gaga EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 5:42 am

Oh, please. Music hasn't been about anything besides spectacle for years, if not decades.

Lady Gaga's mostly annoying because she's pretentious enough to think that gay people listening to her music makes her an important civil rights figure or something.

There is no shortage of people eager to take her place. Arguably, Nicki Minaj already has, and her music is completely unlistenable shit. Like, you know the Tween Wave episode of South Park? "It's like someone literally shitting in my ears"? That is Nicki Minaj right there. But she says nice, progressive things on Twitter so we can ignore her lyrics and reblog it on Tumblr. Or something.

Then there's the last decade or so of songs that just don't make any fucking sense to begin with. Kanye West routinely contradicts himself every other line. Then there's that jackass that sampled Imogen Heap's "Hide and Seek" to make that annoyingly pointless WHAT WHAT WHAT DID YOU SAAAAAAY song about cheating. Rihanna did that excruciating Numa Numa thing and lately her stuff's stretched so thin she's opening songs with lines from Johnny Cash classics.

Oh, and of course we've got delightful little shits like One Direction and Justin Bieber, and their rough female equivalents in people like Cher Lloyd.

That's all contemporary shit but this has been going on forever. But hey, it's not all bad. At least Duck Soup and Far East Movement turned out to be short-lived even for one-hit wonders.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: Applause - Lady Gaga   Applause - Lady Gaga EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 9:29 am

Penguin wrote:
Lady Gaga's mostly annoying because she's pretentious enough to think that gay people listening to her music makes her an important civil rights figure or something.
Um... I am preeeety sure Lady Gaga is into LGBT rights because she is bi herself, dude.
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: Applause - Lady Gaga   Applause - Lady Gaga EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 10:31 am

Reepicheep-chan wrote:
Penguin wrote:
Um... I am preeeety sure Lady Gaga is into LGBT rights because she is bi herself, dude.
which still gives her exactly zero right to say horrible shit about trans people and then act like she's a great spokesperson for LGBT rights
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Applause - Lady Gaga   Applause - Lady Gaga EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 11:46 am

Penguin wrote:
Oh, please. Music hasn't been about anything besides spectacle for years, if not decades.

There is no shortage of people eager to take her place. Arguably, Nicki Minaj already has, and her music is completely unlistenable shit. Like, you know the Tween Wave episode of South Park? "It's like someone literally shitting in my ears"? That is Nicki Minaj right there. But she says nice, progressive things on Twitter so we can ignore her lyrics and reblog it on Tumblr. Or something.

Then there's the last decade or so of songs that just don't make any fucking sense to begin with. Kanye West routinely contradicts himself every other line. Then there's that jackass that sampled Imogen Heap's "Hide and Seek" to make that annoyingly pointless WHAT WHAT WHAT DID YOU SAAAAAAY song about cheating. Rihanna did that excruciating Numa Numa thing and lately her stuff's stretched so thin she's opening songs with lines from Johnny Cash classics.

Oh, and of course we've got delightful little shits like One Direction and Justin Bieber, and their rough female equivalents in people like Cher Lloyd.

That's all contemporary shit but this has been going on forever. But hey, it's not all bad. At least Duck Soup and Far East Movement turned out to be short-lived even for one-hit wonders.
You forgot Adele.  The woman who won ALL THE GRAMMIES even though she's basically a very poor man's Aretha Franklin, if Aretha Franklin was a vastly overrated singer and mediocre songwriter.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Applause - Lady Gaga   Applause - Lady Gaga EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 12:49 pm

Adele's an anomaly. Kinda like Macklemore.

(Oh, and I forgot to mention in that borrowing "I've been everywhere, man" for an opening lyric is still better than borrowing a bumper sticker for your entire refrain.)
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Applause - Lady Gaga   Applause - Lady Gaga EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 10:45 pm

goddammit...

I know Skrillex gets a lot of shit for being a hack electronic artist but c'mon....

... David fucking Guetta.....
Back to top Go down
Disco Stu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Disco Stu

PostSubject: Re: Applause - Lady Gaga   Applause - Lady Gaga EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 11:48 pm

rae wrote:
Reepicheep-chan wrote:
Penguin wrote:
which still gives her exactly zero right to say horrible shit about trans people and then act like she's a great spokesperson for LGBT rights
but I think it's been established long ago that she's a ginormous dumbass.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Applause - Lady Gaga   Applause - Lady Gaga EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 12:04 am

Mr.Doobie wrote:

goddammit...

I know Skrillex gets a lot of shit for being a hack electronic artist but c'mon....

... David fucking Guetta.....
Shrillex gets a pass for providing the soundtrack to the most fun I've had in a video game since the first half of Mass Effect 3.

Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Applause - Lady Gaga   Applause - Lady Gaga EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 4:49 am

Great, now I'm probably going to have to go on my "Far Cry 3 is incredibly racist" rant. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
Back to top Go down
Jay/Cris
The Word Police
The Word Police
Jay/Cris

PostSubject: Re: Applause - Lady Gaga   Applause - Lady Gaga EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 9:05 am

Time to update my signature again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.crisiks.livejournal.com
TheHedonist
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: Applause - Lady Gaga   Applause - Lady Gaga EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 3:28 pm

Jay/Cris wrote:
was nicki minaj really a step in the right direction
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Applause - Lady Gaga   Applause - Lady Gaga EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 4:34 pm

Me wrote:
So uh..... yeah. Lady Gaga is quickly becoming the most obnoxious thing ever...
I take this back....

Just jump to 3:15

England, we have an answer for Donny Tourette, and it's whoever the lead singer of this band is....

Though I guess if you can't be anything other than a total bore at least you can be narcissistic about it...

Back to top Go down
Jay/Cris
The Word Police
The Word Police
Jay/Cris

PostSubject: Re: Applause - Lady Gaga   Applause - Lady Gaga EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 6:45 am

TheHedonist wrote:
Jay/Cris wrote:
was nicki minaj really a step in the right direction
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Yes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.crisiks.livejournal.com
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: Applause - Lady Gaga   Applause - Lady Gaga EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 9:21 am

Man if I were a celeb I would dress like the pink power ranger every fucking day.
Back to top Go down
Hawaiian Shirt
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Hawaiian Shirt

PostSubject: Re: Applause - Lady Gaga   Applause - Lady Gaga EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 3:34 pm

What was Lady Gaga's transphobia anyway? Did she say something new and freshly volatile or did she just parrot that wierd fake complaint that trans people are "holding gay rights back" bullshit?

I feel the need to defend Nicki Minaj (unless she beat up a baby or hates asians or something stupid) since she's just so goddamn out there with everything. Every single Nicki Minaj video I've seen I've had to make an effort to remind myself that this is the same person who had a silver jumpsuit and invisible hair and an extra head coming out of her back or whatever. Musical tastes aside, she's at least a female musician doing lunatic horseshit that you often don't see a female musician doing.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Applause - Lady Gaga   Applause - Lady Gaga EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 3:38 pm

Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: Applause - Lady Gaga   Applause - Lady Gaga EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 3:58 pm

When asked about rumors that she was intersex, she said "My vagina is offended," and, "I really am a lady." You don't think the statement that trans people are holding back gay rights is transphobic? It doesn't matter if she's parroting it. That's really fucking offensive.

She once said when talking about how she feels about her looks and the way she looks "I just don't feel that it's all that sexy. It's weird. And uncomfortable. I look at photos of myself, and I look like such a tranny!"

Pretty sure there's some other shit I can't remember right now. Doesn't matter; she doesn't get to call herself a GBLTQ ally if she's pulling shit like that.
Back to top Go down
Hawaiian Shirt
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Hawaiian Shirt

PostSubject: Re: Applause - Lady Gaga   Applause - Lady Gaga EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 4:43 pm

Sorry, I meant fake as in the people who say it are too full of shit to be real.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: Applause - Lady Gaga   Applause - Lady Gaga EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 5:23 pm

Hawaiian Shirt wrote:
(unless she beat up a baby or hates asians or something stupid)
Sometimes I feel like I need to add that to everyone I say I like. It is crazy how you think someone is ok and then it turns out they are hella racist or something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Applause - Lady Gaga   Applause - Lady Gaga Empty

Back to top Go down

Applause - Lady Gaga
Page 1 of 1