Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

CISPA passed by Congress

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TheIan
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheIan

CISPA passed by Congress Empty
PostSubject: CISPA passed by Congress   CISPA passed by Congress EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 8:42 pm

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU [sharp inhale] UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!

Quote :
The U.S. House of Representatives has passed the controversial Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protect Act (CISPA) by a vote of 288 to 127, RT reports.

Declan McCullough of CNET details why the bill — which encourages private businesses to voluntarily share "cyberthreat information" with the U.S. government —has privacy advocates up in arms.
YOU HAVE ONE JOB CONGRESS HOW DO YOU FUCK IT UP

Quote :
McCullough explains that the legislation "authorizes federal agencies to conduct warrantless searches of information they obtain from e-mail and Internet providers," meaning that allows government agencies to collect vast amounts of data from private companies.

Furthermore, the bill overrides existing privacy policies and wiretap laws, so the feds would be able to "compile a database of information shared by private companies and search that information for possible violations of hundreds, if not thousands, of criminal laws."

Quote :
CISPA now heads to the Senate and could soon end up on the President Obama's desk to potentially sign into law. Earlier this week senior White House advisers recommended that the president veto the bill, citing concerns that the bill does not adequately prevent sharing of irrelevant personal information.
Senate, I hope you prove to be better than this, or I will NEVER FORGIVE YOU!

Last edited by TheIan on Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 1200 POSTS PET MY EGO PET IT IT'S SOFT AND CUDDLY)
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: CISPA passed by Congress   CISPA passed by Congress EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 9:36 pm

Quote :
Declan McCullough of CNET details why the bill — which encourages private businesses to voluntarily share "cyberthreat information" with the U.S. government —has privacy advocates up in arms.

They appear to have misspelled "forcibly."

This could result in a 4th Amendment legal "battle."
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: CISPA passed by Congress   CISPA passed by Congress EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 4:07 am

I need to get that "Dear Congress, if I was as bad at my job as you are at yours, I'd be DEAD" shirt. :p
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: CISPA passed by Congress   CISPA passed by Congress EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 4:59 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Quote :

They appear to have misspelled "forcibly."

This could result in a 4th Amendment legal "battle."

The battle might be over before it's even had a chance to start...

Daily Dot wrote:
Experts and sources with knowledge of the situation say the most controversial Internet bill of the year, the Cyber Information Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA), is already dead in the water.

That's good news for the millions worldwide who have formally registered their opposition to the bill. Designed to help the U.S. fight online attacks, CISPA would make it easier for corporations that are hacked to pass what they know to government agencies—including, critics say, swaths of your private information that would otherwise be protected by law.

But though CISPA resoundingly passed the House of Representatives April 18, "it is extremely unlikely for the Senate" to vote on the bill," the ACLU's Michelle Richardson told the Daily Dot
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: CISPA passed by Congress   CISPA passed by Congress EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 7:21 pm

Quote :
"it is extremely unlikely for the Senate" to vote on the bill," the ACLU's Michelle Richardson told the Daily Dot

I am somehow skeptical that the UCLA has any idea what they're talking about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CISPA passed by Congress   CISPA passed by Congress Empty

Back to top Go down

CISPA passed by Congress
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Why God, Why? :: The Sporking Table :: GodAwful Bullshit-
Jump to: