Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 11 EmptySun May 12, 2013 12:02 pm

Will.i.am has a song called "#thatpower".

It's becoming harder and harder to remember a time when he was actually a person...
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 11 EmptySun May 12, 2013 12:32 pm

Penguin wrote:
Hell, I'll probably be 30 by the time I go to a real college. If people pursue higher education, they should be able to do it at their own pace, not become debt slaves in the name of a lie.
IAWTC.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
lemmingwriter
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 3:04 pm

Fuck it all. This is gonna be a long one.

Over the weekend, we had a conference. Largest conference of its kind in the field, hosted by our endowed chair in that field. I spent all fucking weekend being diligent and cheerful and helpful, and even calm in the face of having to call the cops on a herd of dicks who take their research just a little too seriously.

I made it through the panel I was presenting on, got up to leave the table, and got caught in the tablecloth--and, predictably, fell and got hurt. Moving is sheer agony today, and because I'm technically a student here, even if I work for the university, I can't call it an on-the-job injury--so if I get seen for it, I have to go to the health center and get shitty treatment there.

So it continues today: A project dead to me will not stay so, and if the chirpy little office minion assigned to take it over emails me one more time, I am printing all those files out and filming myself setting it on fire, just to show it to her to prove a point. Miss Chirpy, I know the faculty told you to get the "information" they sent to me from me. Two things wrong with that:

1) I'm not dropping another second of time on a project some of the faculty bitched and moaned about not being done, then bitched and moaned about how it was done,

2) They're trying to get out of doing anything toward completion (few people actually sent useful information), so they're hoping to inconvenience me instead, because I've shown myself to be the department workhorse. Ain't happening. Get info from them. Make them work. Or better yet, send them to me directly. In person. So I can tell them that, hi, you need to give the info to Chirpy, because you obviously didn't like the info I used before.

And fucking fuck, my knees hurt and won't stop hurting and I don't want to be in this hellhole where it's already in triple-digit heat and it's not even fucking June yet.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 11 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 3:37 am

lemmingwriter wrote:
Fuck it all. This is gonna be a long one.

Over the weekend, we had a conference. Largest conference of its kind in the field, hosted by our endowed chair in that field. I spent all fucking weekend being diligent and cheerful and helpful, and even calm in the face of having to call the cops on a herd of dicks who take their research just a little too seriously.

I made it through the panel I was presenting on, got up to leave the table, and got caught in the tablecloth--and, predictably, fell and got hurt. Moving is sheer agony today, and because I'm technically a student here, even if I work for the university, I can't call it an on-the-job injury--so if I get seen for it, I have to go to the health center and get shitty treatment there.

So it continues today: A project dead to me will not stay so, and if the chirpy little office minion assigned to take it over emails me one more time, I am printing all those files out and filming myself setting it on fire, just to show it to her to prove a point. Miss Chirpy, I know the faculty told you to get the "information" they sent to me from me. Two things wrong with that:

1) I'm not dropping another second of time on a project some of the faculty bitched and moaned about not being done, then bitched and moaned about how it was done,

2) They're trying to get out of doing anything toward completion (few people actually sent useful information), so they're hoping to inconvenience me instead, because I've shown myself to be the department workhorse. Ain't happening. Get info from them. Make them work. Or better yet, send them to me directly. In person. So I can tell them that, hi, you need to give the info to Chirpy, because you obviously didn't like the info I used before.

And fucking fuck, my knees hurt and won't stop hurting and I don't want to be in this hellhole where it's already in triple-digit heat and it's not even fucking June yet.
UCR, right? It's supposed to cool down a bit by the end of the week--and you're almost to the end of the school year (not that that really helps when you get to the end-of-the-year, climbing-the-wall and sweltering-in-the-unusually-early-heat time). Do you ever feel like a hamster in a wheel, running and running and getting nowhere?
Back to top Go down
lemmingwriter
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 11 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 12:00 pm

Lady Anne wrote:
Do you ever feel like a hamster in a wheel, running and running and getting nowhere?

Oh, most definitely. Third year is a pain in the ass like that, and it doesn't help that both my disability liaison and my committee chair are leaving this year. Bonus with the heat? After the quarter ends, I get a couple weeks off to go swelter in DC with the relatives, then I come right back to our heat to teach for five weeks.

The one upside is that we have been getting amazing emails from conference participants about how well we did, including a really nice one that thanked me by name for all my hard work all weekend. It makes the x-rays and ice packs worth it.
Back to top Go down
spork
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
spork

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 11 EmptyTue May 21, 2013 12:13 pm

Sunatic wrote:
27 and still in high school (for adults, evening studies). Indeed, it already feels shitty to be so behind on everything in my life, no need to rub it in my face. I certainly didn't ask to go undiagnosed and unmedicated for all of my earlier school life, and I didn't ask for that 6+ years of occasionally-suicidal depression. Bleachedblackcat and grmblfjx, virtual hugs to you.
Grmblfjx took a break from the forum but she asked me to pass on a thanks, and virtual hugs back.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 11 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 8:09 am

So because I have a raging fever, it's really fucking hot, and my girlfriend for some reason turns the air conditioner off ever night I was only able to get 1 hour of sleep. I came to a different room, turned on the air conditioner there, and laid down to try to get sleep. No sooner do I do that but my girlfriend comes into the room and declares "I HAD A REALLY BAD NIGHTMARE!"

Now she's being shitty and passive-aggressive because I wasn't exactly thrilled to hear her 999th dream she's told me about where her grandma dies peacefully in her sleep and that's all that happens and oh look she's off in the other room sleeping. Man, I wish I could do that. Too wired now. Funny, I was just about to nod off finally when you just HAD to tell me all about your nightmare no I had no choice.
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 12:39 pm

My married sister is spending two weeks here with me because she STILL hasn't had the Air Guard know that she lives in New Mexico. And the rest of the family is in another state for a church thing.

First thing he does when she comes in? Tells me how messy the house is when I'm chasing a mud covered dog around. Then she tells me she's on a diet to lose weight and gets a chicken pot pie meal out and refuses to eat the fish and salad that I made her.

She then invites her friend over and they drink coffee until 2 AM. And she sets her alarm in MY room so I can attempt to wake her at 10 am so she can go someplace.

Of course she just took two hours to get ready and was bitching at me the entire time because I woke her up.

I did call her a bitch right before she left, so I feel somewhat happy now.
Back to top Go down
Nihilist
Serial Troll
Serial Troll
Nihilist

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 11 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 10:11 pm

Sunatic wrote:
27 and still in high school (for adults, evening studies). Indeed, it already feels shitty to be so behind on everything in my life, no need to rub it in my face. I certainly didn't ask to go undiagnosed and unmedicated for all of my earlier school life, and I didn't ask for that 6+ years of occasionally-suicidal depression. Bleachedblackcat and grmblfjx, virtual hugs to you.

The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 11 777742

I'm finally starting to get a handle on it, myself.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 11 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 5:25 am

Don't let your friends play with your new toy while you're reading the manual and/or eating.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 11 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 12:21 pm

^
I choose to believe this means you got a fancy new firearm of some sort, and you were eating a manwich while reading the instructions, and you didn't notice your stupidest friend walk up and start touching things, which caused him to accidentally fire the gun, shooting your manwich out of your and, which caused you to fall to your knees and yell, "MY MANWICH!" Colbert
Back to top Go down
Sunatic

Sunatic

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 11 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 8:38 am

Not actually today, rather about a week ago, but couldn't post right away because, well...

Computer died, very thoroughly. It had been halfway to grave for a long time, finally gave up the ghost. It was nice enough to wait until my school year was finished and I didn't need to write any more essays, but it wasn't nice enough to wait for us to have enough money saved for a new table computer.

I could have lived without a home computer for an undefined time, we live very close to a library. But roommate does a lot of his art on the computer and started getting serious withdrawal, so on Thursday we scraped together all we had and got the second cheapest laptop we could find. So all is well for now, yay.
Back to top Go down
http://nerdywitches.net
Reidmar
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 11 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 10:19 am

Good news, I've been dropped from college for getting a 2.49 cumulative GPA instead of the college's 2.5 cumulative. The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 11 588739 fuck my life... now I have to hope this 3 week summer course will push me back up over the 2.5 so I can resume finishing my major. Angry
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 11 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 3:02 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
^
I choose to believe this means you got a fancy new firearm of some sort, and you were eating a manwich while reading the instructions, and you didn't notice your stupidest friend walk up and start touching things, which caused him to accidentally fire the gun, shooting your manwich out of your and, which caused you to fall to your knees and yell, "MY MANWICH!" Colbert

Nope, I just got an R/C quadrotor and they broke it. I've ordered another one and they're gonna pay me back for the original, but just in case, I also ordered a knife to duct tape to the quadrotor, which should deter...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

...oh, fuck.

Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 11 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 5:02 pm

Some idiot shot out several windows at the school I work at.
Back to top Go down
Disco Stu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Disco Stu

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 11 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 9:22 pm

I was watching the Price is Right, and noticed how different Drew Carey looked compared to when he was on "Whose Line is it Anyway?" 

It made me sad. I miss the pudgy, ugly guy who at least looked different, you knwo?

Now, it's like he's Clay Aiken's corpse.
Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 11 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 11:27 pm

Disco Stu wrote:
I was watching the Price is Right, and noticed how different Drew Carey looked compared to when he was on "Whose Line is it Anyway?" 

It made me sad. I miss the pudgy, ugly guy who at least looked different, you knwo?

Wow, I just googled it.  That's incredibly sad.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 11 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 2:53 am

Huh. He's lost a lot of weight. Good on him if it's really making him feel better.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 11 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 3:16 am

TheHedonist wrote:
Disco Stu wrote:

Part of it just looks like he's getting older.

Maybe it's the Price Is Right Curse.  After Bob Barker, everyone who takes the job will quickly age in order to more closely resemble Bob Barker's animated corpse. Colbert

Did he lose the weight legitimately, or was it the Rex Ryan Fat Fuck method?
Back to top Go down
Disco Stu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Disco Stu

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 11 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 1:34 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
TheHedonist wrote:
Disco Stu wrote:

Part of it just looks like he's getting older.

Maybe it's the Price Is Right Curse.  After Bob Barker, everyone who takes the job will quickly age in order to more closely resemble Bob Barker's animated corpse. Colbert

Did he lose the weight legitimately, or was it the Rex Ryan Fat Fuck method?
Apparently with legit hard work. 

I get it, yeah it's whatever, his life 

I just fucking miss whose line and hey whatever you gotta do with your life, you gotta do but

:'(
Back to top Go down
Disco Stu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Disco Stu

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 11 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 1:36 pm

I just, he ain't cute anymore. I know you had to do what you had to do or wanted to do but 

Should have kept the round glasses :'(
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 11 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 1:48 pm

The resemblance to Clay Aiken is rather... strange.

Man, am I the only one who thinks Google Image Search is way weird now?
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 11 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 2:54 pm

Disco Stu wrote:
I just, he ain't cute anymore. I know you had to do what you had to do or wanted to do but 

Should have kept the round glasses :'(

I actually feel like the round glasses still flatter his face more. But that could just be me.
Back to top Go down
ViewSonic
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
ViewSonic

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 11 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 3:20 pm

I'm taking medication that makes me drowsy. I fell asleep in my kitchen whilst eating a delicious BLT, and woke up four hours later to discover that I was covered in ants.

Did I mention my crippling insect phobia?
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 7:12 am

Just found out Eileen won't be able to visit WGW anymore because her laptop's been infected with a virus that originated from this site. It's the second time her laptop has suffered a virus infection in only a month and she doesn't want to risk having it happen a third time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread
Page 11 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Why God, Why? :: The Rumpus Room :: The Couch-
Jump to: