Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ethereal Girls

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
T.S.Orr
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
T.S.Orr

Ethereal Girls Empty
PostSubject: Ethereal Girls   Ethereal Girls EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 11:11 pm

Oh god, Where do I begin, I think I may have found a book that beats both Fifty Shades of Grey and Twilight in the suck factor. Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Ethereal Girls by Noah Murphy. This literally reads like bad fan fiction from the pit and the reviews are freaking hilarious. How did this guy get published? Is this seriously what the literary world is coming to?
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

Ethereal Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethereal Girls   Ethereal Girls EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 3:52 am

I've been linked to this myself recently. The book is the kid of dreck you'd see on fictionpress, terrible grammar and spelling, awful structure, unbelievable dialogue... With an added undercurrent of being really focused on schoolgirls and their boobs.

A couple of the reviews point out that the book fetishises the characters, spending ages describing their clothes and bodies...

Quote :
How did this guy get published?

He paid, specifically using Amazon's own Createspace vanity publisher.

Speaking of "this guy", let's find out him...

Quote :
Noah Murphy grew up in Montgomery County, Maryland which features prominently in his writing. After graduating from Goucher College with a double major in philosophy and religion, he began a pet sitting service.

An expert use of a philosophy and religion qualifcation.

Quote :
In his spare time Noah volunteers at a not for profit parrot rescue. His love of animals provides inspiration for many of the anthropomorphic characters in his books.

Incoming fursicution...

Quote :
An avid writer and blogger, Noah Murphy is the author of the fantasy K23 Detective Series and a young adult superhero novel, Ethereal Girls. He enjoys sharing his opinions on life, literature and popular culture with his 19,000 followers on Twitter and on his blog.

K23 Detective is another book of his up for sale...

So... I found a link to his twitter, and luck have it, I checked just as he posted this:

Quote :
Oh my gawd i just saw peta wilson's tits on la femme nikita

Wow...

He also seems to be defending his work from others...

Quote :
The trolls that smeared my name generally bow down before the altar of people like H.P. Lovecraft, one very disturbed individual.

Quote :
H.P. Lovecraft was one fucked up dude, imagine the erotic fan fiction he'd write.

This guy seems to have a... what's the phrase... Singular... directional... thinking?

Quote :
The only difference between someone like me and (insert worshiped but insane author here) is they didn't have social media.

oh...

Quote :
,People can make fun of me, troll my work, but I'll get the last laugh why? truly original stuff comes from crazy eccentrics like me.

Hmmm

Quote :
but Noah, you've haven't sold any books, you're a nobody" guess what so were most of the authors I'm talking about. Only known posthumously

He's an idiot.

He's hooked on the quirky = insane = creative genuis kick. Think's he's quirky because he writes stories about Tampons for ogres (ick) and now believes he's destined for posthumous greatness, because we're not smart enough to appreciate how great he is now.

Yesh. Fuck this moron. He's a Chandler. (Is that an adjective now? Fuck it, I'm using it as onw)
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

Ethereal Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethereal Girls   Ethereal Girls EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 6:28 am

What I don't get is the price. Why is the book $10.99 when most self-published books on Amazon are $2.99 and under? Does he think it's worth that much more?
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

Ethereal Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethereal Girls   Ethereal Girls EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 7:17 am

EileenK98 wrote:
What I don't get is the price. Why is the book $10.99 when most self-published books on Amazon are $2.99 and under? Does he think it's worth that much more?

Almost certainly.

Consider This Tweet froma while back.

Quote :
I've found certain authors actually went a adopted my style(more life, less book).

He also describes himself as a "High Functioning Autistic", believes The Feminists have done irreparable damage to societal masculinity and doesn't like using the term straight, as in "Gay or Straight" because he believes it implies that "Straight" is wrong.

The guy is a deluded, idiotic, self-superior manchild.

Could fit in well here.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

Ethereal Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethereal Girls   Ethereal Girls EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 5:59 am

WD40 wrote:
He's hooked on the quirky = insane = creative genuis kick. Think's he's quirky because he writes stories about Tampons for ogres (ick)

I've been playing around with Audacity for some other stuff I'm doing and I did a terrible thing.

Google Docs

Mediafire

(I mention that I read a typo there. It isn't, it's just an odd sentence and I fail at reading comprehension. Sorry for the occasional puffs on the mic too, I, lost the wind-cover for it - I should be able to jury-rig something to minimise that in future...)
Back to top Go down
saja

saja

Ethereal Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethereal Girls   Ethereal Girls EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 6:30 am

WD40 wrote:
Quote :
How did this guy get published?

He paid, specifically using Amazon's own Createspace vanity publisher.
That's what I would have guessed too just by looking at the awful artwork on the cover.

Is it just me, or does the anthro snake have boobs too? It's hard to tell for sure because the shadowing is so strange.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

Ethereal Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethereal Girls   Ethereal Girls EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 7:47 am

WD40 wrote:
EileenK98 wrote:

Almost certainly.

Consider This Tweet froma while back.

Quote :
I've found certain authors actually went a adopted my style(more life, less book).

He also describes himself as a "High Functioning Autistic", believes The Feminists have done irreparable damage to societal masculinity and doesn't like using the term straight, as in "Gay or Straight" because he believes it implies that "Straight" is wrong.

The guy is a deluded, idiotic, self-superior manchild.

Could fit in at Love-Shy.
Fixed. Colbert
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ethereal Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethereal Girls   Ethereal Girls Empty

Back to top Go down

Ethereal Girls
Page 1 of 1