Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tesco burgers found to contain horse meat

Go down 
+15
TheIan
Aggie
Knorg
Lady Anne
the asylum
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Cyberwulf
Chris91
Reidmar
Mikey Go WOOGA
Reepicheep-chan
grmblfjx
rachel
WD40
ZOOLANDER
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

Tesco burgers found to contain horse meat - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesco burgers found to contain horse meat   Tesco burgers found to contain horse meat - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 5:07 pm

Aggie wrote:
Does it make me a bad person to admit that the first thing I thought was: I wonder if this gave anyone the trots.
Seen that joke too.
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: Tesco burgers found to contain horse meat   Tesco burgers found to contain horse meat - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 5:20 pm

No, you're not aggie, you however would be criticized for saying it gives people the clops and start clopping off to little foal meat. I can't believe I just went there, someone punch me now.

Last edited by Reidmar on Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZOOLANDER
ZOOLANDER

PostSubject: Re: Tesco burgers found to contain horse meat   Tesco burgers found to contain horse meat - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 7:57 pm

Don't mind if I do. *punches Reidmar in the jaw*
Back to top Go down
TheIan
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: Tesco burgers found to contain horse meat   Tesco burgers found to contain horse meat - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 8:06 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Reidmar

PostSubject: Re: Tesco burgers found to contain horse meat   Tesco burgers found to contain horse meat - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 8:33 pm

TheIan wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The only true way to become a horse. is to shove the meat down your throat from a horse. Xerroclop's dream.
Back to top Go down
Disco Stu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Disco Stu

PostSubject: Re: Tesco burgers found to contain horse meat   Tesco burgers found to contain horse meat - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 2:22 am

Horse meat is actually pretty good. Weren't chicken mcnuggets once made of kangaroo? And what of Fast Food Nation?

It's kind of a common thing to accidentally eat a human finger in the can of pig's assholes, so I'm not surprised and wondering why this is news.
Back to top Go down
TheIan
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: Tesco burgers found to contain horse meat   Tesco burgers found to contain horse meat - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 6:03 am

Disco Stu wrote:
Horse meat is actually pretty good. Weren't chicken mcnuggets once made of kangaroo? And what of Fast Food Nation?

It's kind of a common thing to accidentally eat a human finger in the can of pig's assholes, so I'm not surprised and wondering why this is news.
Probably because it's Clopper who thought it was UBER IMPORTANT NEWS THAT CANNOT GO IGNORED even though the majority of us COWDEATH-SHOVELLING 'MURRICANS don't give a shit about a third-rate British fast-food chain?

Yeah, it's a mystery that'll go unsolved right up there with fucking magnets. HOW DO THEY FUCKING WORK
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Tesco burgers found to contain horse meat   Tesco burgers found to contain horse meat - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 9:04 am

Disco Stu wrote:

I'm so glad I've never ate Canned Pig Cornhole. Cool
Back to top Go down
Knorg
Behind Blue Eyes
Behind Blue Eyes
Knorg

PostSubject: Re: Tesco burgers found to contain horse meat   Tesco burgers found to contain horse meat - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 9:45 am

Ever since the toe nail incident, I never like to examine my pork scratchings too closely in the pub.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Tesco burgers found to contain horse meat   Tesco burgers found to contain horse meat - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 9:52 am

Somehow I doubt Tescos is the only supermarket with dubious meat in with their burgers.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Tesco burgers found to contain horse meat   Tesco burgers found to contain horse meat - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 11:38 am

Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:
Somehow I doubt Tescos is the only supermarket with dubious meat in with their burgers.

They're not.

From the article:

Quote :
Aldi, Lidl and Iceland have also withdrawn frozen beefburgers from their shelves after they were found to be contaminated with horse meat.

But Tesco is "BIG NAME ON TELLY", and we can only cope with thinking about one thing at a time. In additoon ABP Food Group is "CONFUSING THING" - So Tesco takes the blame.

The ABP Food Group, is also one of the main suppliers to Burger King in Europe, and aside from a disclaimer on their website, they aren't being mentioned, by anyone at all.

Don't trouble your little heads, population. You just keep on making your Tesco/horse jokes. Smile
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Reidmar

PostSubject: Re: Tesco burgers found to contain horse meat   Tesco burgers found to contain horse meat - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 12:06 pm

ABP eventually will be considered "HORSECOCK LOL!" central by most of yurope and the world. Mark my words.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Tesco burgers found to contain horse meat   Tesco burgers found to contain horse meat - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 3:55 am

It's still going...

Quote :
The Food Standards Agency has ordered UK retailers to test all processed beef products. Findus has withdrawn its lasagne from sale.

It is the latest company to be caught up in the controversy surrounding contamination of meat products, which has affected companies in the UK, Irish Republic, Poland and France.

[...]

Findus's affected products were made by a third-party French supplier, Comigel, which had alerted the company to concerns that the beef lasagne product did not "conform to specification".

The FSA said Findus had tested 18 of its beef lasagne products and found 11 meals containing between 60% and 100% horsemeat.

So long as their Crispy Pancakes are okay...
Back to top Go down
Dixie
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Dixie

PostSubject: Re: Tesco burgers found to contain horse meat   Tesco burgers found to contain horse meat - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 5:58 am

Disco Stu wrote:

It's news because horsemeat isn't (commonly) eaten in the UK, and also because the food in question was advertised as "beef", not "horse". Therefore, it's false advertising, which is against the law.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Tesco burgers found to contain horse meat   Tesco burgers found to contain horse meat - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 2:13 pm

Dixie wrote:
Disco Stu wrote:

It's news because horsemeat isn't (commonly) eaten in the UK, and also because the food in question was advertised as "beef", not "horse". Therefore, it's false advertising, which is against the law.
Well that and people might wonder
a) if there's horsemeat in the beef, what else is in the beef?
b) what kind of horses are these? Are they proper eating horses or are we into fucking Krustyburger "I used disease free meat from diseased animals" territory?
Back to top Go down
Hot Cancer
Playwright
Playwright
Hot Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Tesco burgers found to contain horse meat   Tesco burgers found to contain horse meat - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 3:05 pm

There's also some horse medication that isn't approved for human consumption that may be still present in the meat too, or something like that. I only heard bits of the news whilst driving out to inspect people's hovels.

I'm reminded of Frankie Boyle on Mock The Week:

"We only use the cheapest horsemeat when we make: Fuck it. It's Only a Cat."
Back to top Go down
ZOOLANDER
ZOOLANDER

PostSubject: Re: Tesco burgers found to contain horse meat   Tesco burgers found to contain horse meat - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 3:39 pm

See, this is why industry regulation is a good thing. It's not about strangling industry, it's about making sure your beef mince and patties are actually made out of beef.
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Reidmar

PostSubject: Re: Tesco burgers found to contain horse meat   Tesco burgers found to contain horse meat - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 5:11 pm

xerrofoot wrote:
See, this is why industry regulation is a good thing. It's not about strangling industry, it's about making sure your beef mince and patties are actually made out of beef.
Not to mention there's plenty of young virgin foals and fillies you'd be able to 'strangle' foalfucker.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Tesco burgers found to contain horse meat   Tesco burgers found to contain horse meat - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 8:39 pm

xerrofoot wrote:

Yes. Because the no doubt endless sea of bureaucracy in England and Europe in general worked so well in preventing this clusterfuck.
Back to top Go down
ZOOLANDER
ZOOLANDER

PostSubject: Re: Tesco burgers found to contain horse meat   Tesco burgers found to contain horse meat - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 6:59 am

If you bothered to take your hand off your dick for one minute and read moar, you'd know the clusterfuck came about because of insufficient food regulation. Regulation is too weak = standards drop because filthy capitalists will do anything to make a buck (or a quid in this case).
Back to top Go down
GeorgeUK
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Tesco burgers found to contain horse meat   Tesco burgers found to contain horse meat - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 5:37 pm

TheIan wrote:
Disco Stu wrote:

Probably because it's Clopper who thought it was UBER IMPORTANT NEWS THAT CANNOT GO IGNORED even though the majority of us COWDEATH-SHOVELLING 'MURRICANS don't give a shit about a third-rate British fast-food chain?

Yeah, it's a mystery that'll go unsolved right up there with fucking magnets. HOW DO THEY FUCKING WORK

Tesco isn't a "third-rate fast-food chain", it's the third largest retailer in the world and the largest supermarket chain in Britain.
Back to top Go down
TheIan
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: Tesco burgers found to contain horse meat   Tesco burgers found to contain horse meat - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 6:03 pm

GeorgeUK wrote:
TheIan wrote:
Disco Stu wrote:

Tesco isn't a "third-rate fast-food chain", it's the third largest retailer in the world and the largest supermarket chain in Britain.
Thanks for correcting me. I did not know (nor care) that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tesco burgers found to contain horse meat   Tesco burgers found to contain horse meat - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tesco burgers found to contain horse meat
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2