Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

When is a Yuletide Fanfic Not a Yuletide Fanfic?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

When is a Yuletide Fanfic Not a Yuletide Fanfic? Empty
PostSubject: When is a Yuletide Fanfic Not a Yuletide Fanfic?   When is a Yuletide Fanfic Not a Yuletide Fanfic? EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 11:53 pm

Apparently, according to fandom wank, when it's based on the author's own head canon, and involves a variety of things (including aliens, blood-drinking and cannibalism) that were not included in the original canon.

Because What Could be Beter than Howl's Moving Castle with Aliens and Blood Drinking?

I have only a vague memory of 'Howl's Moving Castle from when my great-niece Matty was going through her Japanimation fandom phase. But I trust that the people at Fandom Wank and Yultide know of what the speak.

you really have to read it on the site to get the full flavor.

Also, apparently this is the second year in a row this writer has done this without asking the person he's writing for if they want a cross-over and/or his own personal head canon included in their Yuletide story.

Someone, at one point, throws out the time-worn 'Entitlement!' accusation, but given the way the thing seems to be set up, I think you're allowed to basically get the sort of story you want. Sort of like asking for a nice Doctor Who story and instead getting a rewrite of 'Outlaws of Gor.'
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: When is a Yuletide Fanfic Not a Yuletide Fanfic?   When is a Yuletide Fanfic Not a Yuletide Fanfic? EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 7:38 am

If this has happened before, you need to make a drinking game out of it.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: When is a Yuletide Fanfic Not a Yuletide Fanfic?   When is a Yuletide Fanfic Not a Yuletide Fanfic? EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 5:51 pm

Aggie wrote:
If this has happened before, you need to make a drinking game out of it.

As I said, I remember little about the actual canon of "Howl's Moving Castle,' but if you were to take a drink every time the author inserts (A) His own headcanon and (B) Every time he uses characters from a crossover that has nothing to do with the original fandom, you'd probably be completely under the table within the first three psges. Maybe earlier, depending on what you're drinking.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: When is a Yuletide Fanfic Not a Yuletide Fanfic?   When is a Yuletide Fanfic Not a Yuletide Fanfic? EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 9:17 pm

If it's Jagermeister, you'll be wasted out of your skull before you've finished the first page.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When is a Yuletide Fanfic Not a Yuletide Fanfic?   When is a Yuletide Fanfic Not a Yuletide Fanfic? Empty

Back to top Go down

When is a Yuletide Fanfic Not a Yuletide Fanfic?
Page 1 of 1