Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Django Unchained

Go down 
+16
Knorg
Chris91
bleachedblackcat
Owlish
Mikey Go WOOGA
Lady Anne
Lurv
Disco Stu
Penguin
Exodia's Right Leg
TheHedonist
Aggie
Reepicheep-chan
grmblfjx
Rabid Badger
Mr.Doobie
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Exodia's Right Leg
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Exodia's Right Leg

Django Unchained - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Django Unchained   Django Unchained - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 12:28 pm

Lady Anne wrote:
Reepicheep-chan wrote:
Um... librarians do not really... teach? That compairison is completely without meaning.
I deal with students of all races (predominantly Hispanic, but lots of other groups, too) all day, every day. I do teach, just not officially. I am in a position of power over the kids--and I don't give a shit about their races. I've heard it all: "You hate me because I'm black." "You hate me because I'm Mexican." "You hate me because I'm white." No matter what kids say, the answer is the same: "The bell has rung. Go to class!"
Just don't get too complacent. It's not the racism that does you in - most people aren't scumbags. It's the casual complacence of thinking you're enlightened by default.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Django Unchained   Django Unchained - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 9:46 pm

Exodia's Right Leg wrote:
Lady Anne wrote:
Reepicheep-chan wrote:
Um... librarians do not really... teach? That compairison is completely without meaning.
I deal with students of all races (predominantly Hispanic, but lots of other groups, too) all day, every day. I do teach, just not officially. I am in a position of power over the kids--and I don't give a shit about their races. I've heard it all: "You hate me because I'm black." "You hate me because I'm Mexican." "You hate me because I'm white." No matter what kids say, the answer is the same: "The bell has rung. Go to class!"
Just don't get too complacent. It's not the racism that does you in - most people aren't scumbags. It's the casual complacence of thinking you're enlightened by default.
I don't know that I'm particularly enlightened. Mostly I'm just out of patience.

I heard a new variation today: "You hate me because I'm a fish." scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Django Unchained   Django Unchained - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 11:51 am

I just saw this movie last night as I don't go out much to movies, and it came up on the Netflix queue. This movie was god damn intense, and entertaining. I agree with Movie Bob's take on it completely; the acting was filled with layers upon layers. The only part I got upset about, I completely understood...

Spoiler:

The use of the word nigger was appropriate for the times, though it did seem excessive to me. Samuel L. Jackson's character made me want to tear my hair out, as when Django was being a hard ass to other slaves, you knew it was an act, something he didn't necessarily want to do, but did because it got him closer to his goal. SLJ's character was not an act, but a willing sycophant.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Django Unchained   Django Unchained - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Django Unchained
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Why God, Why? :: The Sporking Table :: GodAwful Bullshit-
Jump to: