Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The War Z

Go down 
+2
Cyberwulf
Hot Cancer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Hot Cancer
Playwright
Playwright
Hot Cancer

The War Z Empty
PostSubject: The War Z   The War Z EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 4:30 pm

Some of you may have heard of a game called Day Z, a mod that turned a boring military FPS called Arma II into a Zombie survival horror - as in the kind in which you had no weapons at the start, other human players would kill you for the tin of beans you're carrying and your character can starve, die of thirst, or die of exposure if you stay outside in the rain for too long. After a short, ludicrously successful life as a mod, plans were made to release Day Z as a standalone game. Although personally I found that you spent 40 minutes reaching a place and then only 10 minutes raiding it far too often to really be bothered with it.

Eager to get in there first and spin some cash, Hammerpoint Software, the makers of War Inc (a mediocre multiplayer shooter) announced they were making a similar game called The War Z, based on the architecture for War Inc, obviously, claiming that it had been 'in development' for years. This was probably a lie. The first of many. After a suspiciously short Alpha phase, the game went on Steam two days ago for $15. To say people have been dis-satisfied with the product is an understatement. By all accounts the game was still in the very early stages of Beta and not really fit to be sold.
More to the point, the game description contained (and I say contained, because Steam pulled it today after the shitstorm it created) lies.

1) It boasted 100 player servers. All servers were 50 players.
2) It boasted a skill tree & progression system. This is not in place.
3) It boasted many maps of up to 400 sq. km in size. It has one. It's been variously reported to be between 10 and 75 sq. km in size.
4) It boasted private servers for clans. These don't exist.

In addition to this, it's rumoured to have no anti-cheat system, they just banned random people in the hope of scaring hackers off.

And to top it off, the gameplay is rubbish:

Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

The War Z Empty
PostSubject: Re: The War Z   The War Z EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 4:52 pm

why do you have a torch on in the daytime

that wastes the fucking batteries

"that's truly wonderful. What a great game this is"
Back to top Go down
Hot Cancer
Playwright
Playwright
Hot Cancer

The War Z Empty
PostSubject: Re: The War Z   The War Z EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 4:54 pm

Can't be switched off. Later in the vid, he has to go look for the keybind to unequip it to turn it off.

MOAR
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

The War Z Empty
PostSubject: Re: The War Z   The War Z EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 7:20 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
why do you have a torch on in the daytime

that wastes the fucking batteries

"that's truly wonderful. What a great game this is"

Why do you keep calling a flashlight a goddamn torch when the two are totally separate and distinct items?
Back to top Go down
Exodia's Right Leg
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Exodia's Right Leg

The War Z Empty
PostSubject: Re: The War Z   The War Z EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 5:33 am

I stopped at the "Z" in the title.

I've had it with fucking zombies.

It seems every single popular game has to be about zombies, feature a zombie play mode (which invariably gets more popular than the rest) or, if none are true, someone eventually makes a zombie mod which gets more play and servers than everything else. We have stupid zombies, smart zombies, zombies in space, zombies on ice, zombies in a reality show, zombies in the post-apocalypse, zombies in WWII, zombies in a tropical island, zombie puzzles, plant zombies, fungus zombies, zombie aliens, alien zombies, zombie cowboys, radioactive zombies, vampire zombies...
I guess the only thing left to do is to have zombies in other zombies. The Fractal Dead?

And they're all invariably cut from the same fucking Romero mold.

I thought nothing could be more annoying than the WWII shooter trend, but I was DEAD WRONG.

...I just cursed a game with that name into existence, didn't I?

(I'm surprised there's no zombie mode for TF2, and the "co-op vs. overwhelming numbers of stupid AI enemies" game mode involves robots instead... it would be the perfect annoyance)
Back to top Go down
Knorg
Behind Blue Eyes
Behind Blue Eyes
Knorg

The War Z Empty
PostSubject: Re: The War Z   The War Z EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 5:54 am

There was a zombie mode for TF2's MvM at Halloween. I'm sure some servers'll run it at other times, but I don't play MvM meself.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(see bottom of picture)

Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

The War Z Empty
PostSubject: Re: The War Z   The War Z EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 6:23 am

I saw it for sale for 12$ I'm thinkin 'lol nope just looking at the details of the game + gameplay on steam I can tell this game's gonna be a piece of (horrible) work
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The War Z Empty
PostSubject: Re: The War Z   The War Z Empty

Back to top Go down

The War Z
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Why God, Why? :: The Sporking Table :: GodAwful Bullshit-
Jump to: