Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Black Children Kicked out of Pool

Go down 
+33
Rabid Badger
Manny
KJM
Lapin
myeerah
Maximilia
Aggie
anangrychocobo
grmblfjx
SokMunkie
Bamshalam
unskilled78
Root Admin
Lysander
Keith Fraser
Violet
theweirdkind
Lady Anne
EileenK98
Psy-4
Kremlin
Chris91
Mikey Go WOOGA
ZoZo
KGarrett
Cyberwulf
VB
Sheba
the asylum
Fairlight
KelinciHutan
Mafiosa
Narwhal
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
unskilled78
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

Black Children Kicked out of Pool - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Children Kicked out of Pool   Black Children Kicked out of Pool - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 12:53 am

Narwhal wrote:
How horrible is this? I'm stunned. You know, you think that progress has been made, and then you hear about something like this.

I should point out that your reaction, and the fact that everyone except Anonymous, who only really exists as a sort of Mister Hyde, seems to agree with you, is a sign that progress has been made. It might not have percolated to the societal substratum yet, but these things take time. (Some of them haven't accepted womens vote, and that was 90-some years ago.) :suspect:

Also, quick question: What is the status on the word Negro? (useable in polite conversation?)
Back to top Go down
Bamshalam
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Bamshalam

PostSubject: Re: Black Children Kicked out of Pool   Black Children Kicked out of Pool - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 4:04 am

Nihilist wrote:
It's disgusting, but not shocking. You see, I grew up having to put up with this so I only see this as an exposure of what's been happening all along. But I guess we're raised in this vacuum in school where racism isn't supposed to exist (MLK Jr. and Cesar Chavez fired their laz0rs and all was well), so naturally it appears shocking because it goes against what we're taught.
Basically this. It's rare to see people be so stupidly blatant about it, but the underlying sentiment isn't surprising in the least.

unskilled78 wrote:
Also, quick question: What is the status on the word Negro? (useable in polite conversation?)
What the hell, of course not.
Back to top Go down
SokMunkie
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
SokMunkie

PostSubject: Re: Black Children Kicked out of Pool   Black Children Kicked out of Pool - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 6:04 am

unskilled78 wrote:

um........................no
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Black Children Kicked out of Pool   Black Children Kicked out of Pool - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 7:42 am

Lady Anne wrote:
WTF!? Shocked

Change the complexion!? What century are these people living in?

The 3rd century--3rd century BC, that is.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Black Children Kicked out of Pool   Black Children Kicked out of Pool - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 10:40 am

the asylum wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:
the asylum wrote:
Lemme guess, Florid-

... it isn't Florida?

Looks like we have a new joke state.

Dude, what the fuck is up with your avatar.

Seriously.

Time for an Obscure Internet Mememe Exam

1. Solve for x, where x = avatar

(Screencap of old bugs bunny cartoon with a carrot) + (-Bugs Bunny - carrot) + (Sonic the Hedgehog + Ring) + (-Sonic - Ring) + (Lewis from L4D + Pill bottle) = X + (Lewis from L4D + Pill bottle) + (-Demoman from TF2 - Bottle of whiskey)

This will constitute 100% of your final grade.

Ohhh.

All I see is a cartoon of a thick-lipped, bandanna-sporting black man gazing joyously at a bottle of liquor. Perhaps the INCREDIBLE FUCKING IRONY of it juxtaposed beside the subject matter in this thread is causing my brain to overload. Excitedplz
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Black Children Kicked out of Pool   Black Children Kicked out of Pool - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 10:50 am

Cyberwulf wrote:
Perhaps the INCREDIBLE FUCKING IRONY of it juxtaposed beside the subject matter in this thread is causing my brain to overload. Excitedplz

No, hon, it's just because you're a woman. Women's brains overheat easily, remember?
Back to top Go down
Psy-4
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction

PostSubject: Re: Black Children Kicked out of Pool   Black Children Kicked out of Pool - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 11:44 am

Cyberwulf wrote:
Ohhh.

All I see is a cartoon of a thick-lipped, bandanna-sporting black man gazing joyously at a bottle of liquor. Perhaps the INCREDIBLE FUCKING IRONY of it juxtaposed beside the subject matter in this thread is causing my brain to overload. Excitedplz
Black Children Kicked out of Pool - Page 2 724940

Right. The subject matter is racism. Congratu-motherfucking-lations, you now have to complain about at least 7 other incarnations of that avatar. Asylum, cycle through them.

Others are "racist" depictions of - violent baseball loving Brooklyn teens, Gun nuts Texans, War-happy Americans, outback/middle-of-freaking-nowhere-living Australians, Ex-Nazi Germans, Big Burly Russians, and sneaky French. They are also all white.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Black Children Kicked out of Pool   Black Children Kicked out of Pool - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 12:52 pm

unskilled78 wrote:
No...not usable in polite conversation, though I've heard the term used innocently by people who were just beginning to learn English.

I use the term Negro in some of my stories, mainly those set pre-1960's, when the term was acceptable and certainly more polite than nigger (I've used that word, too, though it was in a sentence spoken by a racist character in 1914 New Orleans). I'm currently writing a story set in the 1960's, and there's a fair amount of discussion of the civil rights movement, so I use black and Negro interchangeably in conversation, depending on who's speaking, but just use the word black the rest of the time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Black Children Kicked out of Pool   Black Children Kicked out of Pool - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 1:00 pm

Psy-4 wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:
Ohhh.

Right. The subject matter is racism. Congratu-motherfucking-lations, you now have to complain about at least 7 other incarnations of that avatar. Asylum, cycle through them.

Others are "racist" depictions of - violent baseball loving Brooklyn teens, Gun nuts Texans, War-happy Americans, outback/middle-of-freaking-nowhere-living Australians, Ex-Nazi Germans, Big Burly Russians, and sneaky French. They are also all white.

I love it when stupid white teenagers deny things they enjoy are racist. Kudos for listing off the others as if they're somehow acceptable, shitforbrains.
Back to top Go down
Lysander
Lysander

PostSubject: Re: Black Children Kicked out of Pool   Black Children Kicked out of Pool - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 1:00 pm

To be fair, the Demoman is kind of a stereotype.

A Scottish stereotype.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Black Children Kicked out of Pool   Black Children Kicked out of Pool - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 1:26 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
Psy-4 wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:
Ohhh.

I love it when stupid white teenagers deny things they enjoy are racist. Kudos for listing off the others as if they're somehow acceptable, shitforbrains.

Stop being retarded, Cyb. If you're going to bitch abut something at least know what it is.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bamshalam
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Bamshalam

PostSubject: Re: Black Children Kicked out of Pool   Black Children Kicked out of Pool - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 1:50 pm

Ok, getting away from the Cyberwulf wank that's looming over the horizon, I'm still seriously not understanding how people think that this mindset magically vanished after the 60's.
Back to top Go down
anangrychocobo
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Black Children Kicked out of Pool   Black Children Kicked out of Pool - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 2:00 pm

I don't think they think it magically vanished, I think they're assuming (or maybe hoping) that society in general has made some progress with regards to racism.
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Black Children Kicked out of Pool   Black Children Kicked out of Pool - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 2:03 pm

I think people expect blatant racism like that to not be so..., uh obvious, particularly in a business. Racism is SO Un-PC, you know.

Given the fact that the senator is apparently considering an investigation, this should tell those pool employees that what they've done is wrong.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Black Children Kicked out of Pool   Black Children Kicked out of Pool - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 2:21 pm

Aggie wrote:
I think people expect blatant racism like that to not be so..., uh obvious, particularly in a business. Racism is SO Un-PC, you know.

Given the fact that the senator is apparently considering an investigation, this should tell those pool employees that what they've done is wrong.

This. In the Age of Lawsuits, NO business should be racist like that. Yes, they have a right to refuse service to anyone, but telling them point blank it's because they're black is begging the ACLU to get involved.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Black Children Kicked out of Pool   Black Children Kicked out of Pool - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 2:57 pm

Mafiosa wrote:

Stop being retarded, Cyb.
Nice ableism, shithead.

Quote :
If you're going to bitch abut something at least know what it is.

Yes, if I don't get the hilarity of something racist, it's clearly because I'm a humourless dumbass.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Black Children Kicked out of Pool   Black Children Kicked out of Pool - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 3:02 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
Mafiosa wrote:

Yes, if I don't get the hilarity of something racist, it's clearly because I'm a humourless dumbass.

Explain how it's racist. Do it. I'm waiting with bated breath.

Last edited by Mafiosa on Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
myeerah
Contributor
Contributor
myeerah

PostSubject: Re: Black Children Kicked out of Pool   Black Children Kicked out of Pool - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 3:30 pm

Mafiosa wrote:
Explain how it's racist. Do it. I'm waiting with baited breath.

As an aside, it's bated, not baited. Unless you've been eating nightcrawlers, in which case I don't see how that's relevant. Wink
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Black Children Kicked out of Pool   Black Children Kicked out of Pool - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 3:32 pm

myeerah wrote:
Mafiosa wrote:
Explain how it's racist. Do it. I'm waiting with baited breath.

As an aside, it's bated, not baited. Unless you've been eating nightcrawlers, in which case I don't see how that's relevant. Wink

Whoa, cool typo me.

MAYBE I DO, DON'T JUDGE ME. :hmm:
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Black Children Kicked out of Pool   Black Children Kicked out of Pool - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 3:36 pm

I don't know, I think we're doing all right with rascism around here (Maryland). We weren't for awhile there, but here lately, since Obama was elected, there's been some lifted tension. Weird as it is, I think maybe a biracial man with a Muslim father being elected President has thrown so many people off kilter with the sheer force of the very reality, that everyone is still a little flabbergasted.

Don't get me wrong, there's still racial tension in places. Lots of it. But this is just a little too blatant to believe they thought they could get away with it. I know there are still groups like this, but posing in the form of a country club? That was so 1980.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Black Children Kicked out of Pool   Black Children Kicked out of Pool - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 3:48 pm

Mafiosa wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:
Mafiosa wrote:

I already did. Go and read.
Back to top Go down
KJM
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Black Children Kicked out of Pool   Black Children Kicked out of Pool - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 3:51 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
Black Children Kicked out of Pool - Page 2 832557
Shut up.
Back to top Go down
http://kennethmrrw502.blogspot.com/
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Black Children Kicked out of Pool   Black Children Kicked out of Pool - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 4:12 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
Mafiosa wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:
Mafiosa wrote:

I already did. Go and read.

Quote :
All I see is a cartoon of a thick-lipped, bandanna-sporting black man gazing joyously at a bottle of liquor.

This right?

First off I find it odd you only take offense to this incarnation of the asylum's avatar, as he's has a few others that are based off the same pic. Changing the race apparently makes all the difference despite the fact that the base of this picture was Bugs Bunny in blackface from an old Warner Bros. cartoon. When it was white Scout it was A-OKAY, but when it's black Demo it's no go. Also, since the blackface bugs became a base for various characters to express adoration over something (most common is Sonic the Hedgehog and a ring) it's lost all meaning except to the heavy-browed basement dwellers on /b/.
You also seemingly ignored Lysander's video of the character which explained about the "bandanna" and the whisky. He's Scottish, and it's a beanie that helps give the character a unique silhouette within the game. He now comes with an afro which is probably offensive to you too because a black character looking black is TOTES OFFENSIVE GUISE.
You're probably trolling, but whatevs.
tl;dr: Picture doesn't have racist connotations within the internet. Just a meme.
The original:
Back to top Go down
Psy-4

PostSubject: Re: Black Children Kicked out of Pool   Black Children Kicked out of Pool - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 4:21 pm

I still dream of society where a politically incorrect joke can be laughed at by everyone, with noone thinking much of it, but then along comes a humourless dipshit with a stick in their ass and sand in their privates.

Cyberwulf wrote:
Black Children Kicked out of Pool - Page 2 199471

Something is racist if there is genuine hate. Unless I missed the Medic propagating the master race, you don't have a single fucking clue what the fuck you are talking about. Laughing at stereotypes is funny, taking them seriously is not.

Cyberwulf wrote:

Black Children Kicked out of Pool - Page 2 846489:

No, you're a humourless dumbass, because you have kneejerk reaction to anything politically incorrect.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Black Children Kicked out of Pool   Black Children Kicked out of Pool - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 5:00 pm

:edward:

Oh noes! Racism against vampires!

🍿
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Children Kicked out of Pool   Black Children Kicked out of Pool - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Black Children Kicked out of Pool
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next