Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Puella Magi Madoka Magica Appreciation Station

Go down 
+6
Wolf
Sparrow
Sutremaine
Mr.Doobie
Just Chipper
SirDixonDongs
10 posters
AuthorMessage
SirDixonDongs
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
SirDixonDongs

Puella Magi Madoka Magica Appreciation Station Empty
PostSubject: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Appreciation Station   Puella Magi Madoka Magica Appreciation Station EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 7:15 pm

yo, ok, i for one am not generally a fan of the animes

HOWEVER

madoka is probably the most fantastically fucked-up show i have ever had the pleasure of watching, and not in a creepy weeaboo way either

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

the basic premise is that of yr average magical girl show

i will be the first to acknowledge that the first two or so episodes are kind of mediocre in that generic "lol anime" fashion, but trust me, by the end of ep 3 you are gonna begin to realize that hey maybe this isn't quite as stupidly vapid as it seems on the surface

the art direction for the monsters is absolutely stunning and honestly the whole premise of the show once you start getting into it will seriously make you look at magical girl shows in a whole new light (and dont lie, all you fuckers liked sailor moon at some point cos that shit ruled when you were 13)

i'm sure at least one of you shitasses have watched this show

and for anyone who's interested, its all of 12 episodes long and they all can be found RIGHT HERE ALL OF THEM so now you have literally no excuse, yeah theyre subbed but tbh idk if this has even been dubbed yet

also theyre comin out w movies soon which i for one am sincerely lookin forward to
Back to top Go down
Just Chipper
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Just Chipper

PostSubject: Re: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Appreciation Station   Puella Magi Madoka Magica Appreciation Station EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 5:19 am

is that the show with the breakfast-looking snake monster thing

and the albino looking cat-rabbit-whatever

i have a bunch of stuff queued up to watch but with me just finishing up on ~FISHING BROS~ i can give it a three episode test the next time I can be bothered to watch something
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Appreciation Station   Puella Magi Madoka Magica Appreciation Station EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 10:18 am

My anime friends absolutely hate this. They think it's a very poor retread of Utena.

But whatever, I only saw three episodes and I liked it alright, I'm going to try to finish it. And I love Utena.

Quote :
(and dont lie, all you fuckers liked sailor moon at some point cos that shit ruled when you were 13)

Hey hey hey hey hey hey hey hey hey hey hey hey hey. Hey

Boxy the Boxing Vulture Priest is one of the greatest monsters of the week of all time.
Back to top Go down
Sutremaine
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sutremaine

PostSubject: Re: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Appreciation Station   Puella Magi Madoka Magica Appreciation Station EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 12:30 pm

I saw a pretty neat AMV and made a note to watch this but haven't gotten around to it yet. There are things I bought several years ago and haven't gotten around to yet...
Back to top Go down
SirDixonDongs
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Appreciation Station   Puella Magi Madoka Magica Appreciation Station EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 1:58 pm

Mr.Doobie wrote:
My anime friends absolutely hate this. They think it's a very poor retread of Utena.

But whatever, I only saw three episodes and I liked it alright, I'm going to try to finish it. And I love Utena.

Quote :
(and dont lie, all you fuckers liked sailor moon at some point cos that shit ruled when you were 13)

Hey hey hey hey hey hey hey hey hey hey hey hey hey. Hey

Boxy the Boxing Vulture Priest is one of the greatest monsters of the week of all time.

dude i fuckin loved sailor moon unironically and even had an oc sailor scout

i heard they're remaking it and i am real interested to see what kind of direction they go w this
Back to top Go down
Sparrow
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Appreciation Station   Puella Magi Madoka Magica Appreciation Station EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 3:16 pm

Mr.Doobie wrote:

As a fan of both, I feel I can safely say this is not true.
Back to top Go down
http://sparrow779.livejournal.com/
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Appreciation Station   Puella Magi Madoka Magica Appreciation Station EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 3:45 pm

Sparrow wrote:
Mr.Doobie wrote:

Deconstruction of magical girl? That's close enough for them.
Back to top Go down
Sparrow
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Appreciation Station   Puella Magi Madoka Magica Appreciation Station EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 4:15 pm

Mr.Doobie wrote:
Sparrow wrote:
Mr.Doobie wrote:

Deconstruction of magical girl? That's close enough for them.

Eh...I tend to think of Utena as not really even being from the magical girl genre, though it looks like a magical girl show. I guess, though, that it could count as one. To me, it feels more like coming-of-age story meets school comedy show meets social commentary and insane doess of symbolism and allegory. Madoka is Faust meets Magical Girl and in some ways, its visual/symbolism feel more like I'm re-watching Serial Experiments Lain, as far as the impact they have on me. (Note: Not at all saying Lain and Madoka are trying to do the same thing, it's just a similar head-trippy feeling with some of the visuals that I get).

Just Chipper wrote:
is that the show with the breakfast-looking snake monster thing

and the albino looking cat-rabbit-whatever

i have a bunch of stuff queued up to watch but with me just finishing up on ~FISHING BROS~ i can give it a three episode test the next time I can be bothered to watch something

Yes, yes it is. And you do need to give it the three episode test before judging it.

SirDixonDongs wrote:

and for anyone who's interested, its all of 12 episodes long and they all can be found RIGHT HERE ALL OF THEM so now you have literally no excuse, yeah theyre subbed but tbh idk if this has even been dubbed yet

Dubbed and out on DVD. Dub is okay, but I do prefer the sub on this one.
Back to top Go down
http://sparrow779.livejournal.com/
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Appreciation Station   Puella Magi Madoka Magica Appreciation Station EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 5:59 pm

Quote :
Eh...I tend to think of Utena as not really even being from the magical girl genre, though it looks like a magical girl show.

I call it the vagina show.

Allllll thooooose rooooooosesssssss
Back to top Go down
SirDixonDongs
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Appreciation Station   Puella Magi Madoka Magica Appreciation Station EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 6:13 pm

i would say the comparison to faust is basically spot on but with sort of a postmodern presentation in a way

also whenever i see utena screenshots i immediately think of this amv

Back to top Go down
Wolf

Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Appreciation Station   Puella Magi Madoka Magica Appreciation Station EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 6:52 pm

Mr.Doobie wrote:

You know, I never understood the perception of Utena as a magical girl show. Sure, there are girls, and there's magic, but that's hardly the only thing going on in a magical girl show. And the comparison only falls apart more and more as you look more closely at it.

But anyway, yes, Madoka is tremendously great. And to be fair, you pretty much do have to watch the first three episodes to really get an idea of all the things it can throw at you.

Last edited by Wolf on Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited for spelling)
Back to top Go down
http://www.wolvesmark.blogspot.com/
Braigwen
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Appreciation Station   Puella Magi Madoka Magica Appreciation Station EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 7:44 pm

And by the time you get to episode 5, you begin to understand just how deep this rabbit hole goes. By the 10th episode, you will cry. I assure you.
Back to top Go down
Sutremaine
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sutremaine

PostSubject: Re: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Appreciation Station   Puella Magi Madoka Magica Appreciation Station EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 10:19 pm

And now for a completely different Utena video.

Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Appreciation Station   Puella Magi Madoka Magica Appreciation Station EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 2:50 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Appreciation Station   Puella Magi Madoka Magica Appreciation Station EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 12:37 am

Loved it. My friends can suck my cock.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Kari Izumi
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Appreciation Station   Puella Magi Madoka Magica Appreciation Station EmptySun May 08, 2016 10:36 pm

For any remaining fans of Bleach, there's a very great crossover of the two shows here, entitled As N Approaches Infinity:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Basically, Madoka dies a bit early in one timeline and with no reason to stay in her town, Homura takes a train that ends in Karakura and meets Ichigo's twin sisters who were already contracted. My summary doesn't do this fic any justice whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
Selene-The-True-Immortal
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Selene-The-True-Immortal

PostSubject: Re: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Appreciation Station   Puella Magi Madoka Magica Appreciation Station EmptyThu May 19, 2016 11:37 am

SirDixonDongs wrote:
yo, ok, i for one am not generally a fan of the animes

HOWEVER

madoka is probably the most fantastically fucked-up show i have ever had the pleasure of watching, and not in a creepy weeaboo way either

the basic premise is that of yr average magical girl show

i will be the first to acknowledge that the first two or so episodes are kind of mediocre in that generic "lol anime" fashion, but trust me, by the end of ep 3 you are gonna begin to realize that hey maybe this isn't quite as stupidly vapid as it seems on the surface

the art direction for the monsters is absolutely stunning and honestly the whole premise of the show once you start getting into it will seriously make you look at magical girl shows in a whole new light (and dont lie, all you fuckers liked sailor moon at some point cos that shit ruled when you were 13)

i'm sure at least one of you shitasses have watched this show

also theyre comin out w movies soon which i for one am sincerely lookin forward to

Fuck you, whore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Appreciation Station   Puella Magi Madoka Magica Appreciation Station Empty

Back to top Go down

Puella Magi Madoka Magica Appreciation Station
Page 1 of 1