Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.

Go down 
+12
Hawaiian Shirt
Aggie
Braigwen
TheIan
Reepicheep-chan
Mikey Go WOOGA
Khajidu
Cyberwulf
grmblfjx
Mouse
Chris91
WD40
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.  Empty
PostSubject: I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.    I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.  EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 6:15 am

I mean, I understand the concept - I'm not an idiot. But really, I always thought that if something actively sought to violate something you hold dear, you should just grow a pair and deal with it... Or snark it, whatever.

Then I was passed a link to this. I'm not putting the link in here, because I don't want you going to it now and spoiling the surprise.

Now I understand why people can get riled up about blasphemy. Now I understand the physical urge to deal harm to people who have violated an artefact that you hold dear.

This isn't easy...

Quote :

Conservative Superheroes

When I was a kid I loved comics. It's what led me down the path to ultimately become a graphic artist. I originally wanted to draw them, but 9-11 turned my attention to the real world, and I never looked back.

I still love the art form, and I thought it would be fun to match VIP conservative women with some of the best and toughest super-heroines created. The connection is pretty obvious after all...

Prepare yourselves...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Yeah - It's a bunch of superheroes with the faces of Conservative gobshites pasted over them.

And they're all women.

I dunno why... Maybe it's okay to be a Rick Santorum fanboy, but having homoerotic fantasy artwork of him is... Huh - I just answered my own question.

Oh... God... Did I just post a MLP video clip?

What's happening to me?

I've saved the "best" till last. This is the first image on the site and It's just so wrong. So, so wrong. So wrong I punched the wall in rage when I saw it.

Okay, I didn't do that because... I'd probably miss. But I fantasised about it really hard!

Brace yourselves.

Spoiler:

Link

oh. and:

Quote :
I also have a liberal supervillian project in the works (again the connection is obvious)

Goody.

Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.    I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.  EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 9:49 am

Sarah Palin as Wonder Woman? Seriously? scratch

Sorry, it just doesn't work. I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.  585516
Back to top Go down
Mouse
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mouse

PostSubject: Re: I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.    I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.  EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 10:48 am

Yeah Wonder Woman wouldn't quit halfway through her job.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.    I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.  EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 11:20 am

Quote :
artist

Yet another victim to Mommy's deluded praise. Tragic, really.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.    I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.  EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 11:49 am

I can think of at least one feminist website who'd take a Supervillain/Hillary Clinton mashup and adopt it as a mascot in complete defiance of the "artist"'s original intent.
Back to top Go down
Khajidu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Khajidu

Location : on a tall ship far away from the bullshit, on the port side of course

PostSubject: Re: I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.    I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.  EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 11:50 am

WD40 wrote:

Quote :
I also have a liberal supervillian project in the works (again the connection is obvious)

Goody.

pleasenotafrenchonepleasenotafrenchonepleasenotafrenchone *is from france and has an idea of who would be a target and DOES NOT WANT*
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.    I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.  EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 12:49 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
I can think of at least one feminist website who'd take a Supervillain/Hillary Clinton mashup and adopt it as a mascot in complete defiance of the "artist"'s original intent.

But which supervillian?

You could do Giganta, because her ass has grown terrifyingly large. Harleyquinn wouldn't work, partly because Harleyquinn has a personality. And she's more of a sidekick anyway.

I'm afraid I don't know too many female Supervillains. Colbert

Chris wrote:
Sarah Palin as Wonder Woman? Seriously? scratch

Sorry, it just doesn't work.

It works better than any of the others, chump. She actually kind of HAS Wonder Woman hair and facial structure.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.    I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.  EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 1:56 pm

Wow, those are some bad shop-jobs, especially the Huntress one. Why would you use a pic of her drawn in that style and try to match it with a photo? I could do a better job in my sleep, and do not go around calling myself a "graphic artist".
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.    I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.  EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 5:56 pm

Reepicheep-chan wrote:
Wow, those are some bad shop-jobs, especially the Huntress one.

Not to mention the horrendous Ann Coulter-as-Supergirl pic. That thing creeps me out to the tenth degree.
Back to top Go down
TheIan
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.    I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.  EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 6:34 pm

Dear god, kill it with EVERYTHING!

It's like something out of some nerd's nightmare and another conservative nerd's wet dream! What the FUCK?!
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.    I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.  EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 7:10 pm

ANN COULTER!!! The one who said that radiation in food is good for you?

WTF!! I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.  384608
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.    I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.  EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 8:29 pm

Khajidu wrote:
WD40 wrote:

Quote :

Goody.

pleasenotafrenchonepleasenotafrenchonepleasenotafrenchone *is from france and has an idea of who would be a target and DOES NOT WANT*

I wouldn't worry about that. These pundits think that only America and American politicians matter. Thus, France is safe from these atrocities.
Back to top Go down
Khajidu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Khajidu

Location : on a tall ship far away from the bullshit, on the port side of course

PostSubject: Re: I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.    I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.  EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 7:39 am

Aggie wrote:
Khajidu wrote:
WD40 wrote:

Quote :

Goody.

I wouldn't worry about that. These pundits think that only America and American politicians matter. Thus, France is safe from these atrocities.

*Huge sigh of relief. Promptly followed by worry about one of your guys. Feck.*
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.    I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.  EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 7:51 am

Khajidu wrote:
Aggie wrote:
Khajidu wrote:
WD40 wrote:

Quote :

Goody.

*Huge sigh of relief. Promptly followed by worry about one of your guys. Feck.*

These appeared in response to this story.

Spoiler:

So I think it's safe to assume that the bottom of the barrel has well and truly been reached and there's not much worse that can be done to american politicians.
Back to top Go down
Hawaiian Shirt
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Hawaiian Shirt

PostSubject: Re: I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.    I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.  EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 3:52 pm

the raw irony of the fact that most of these people likely flipped a lid or two about liberals talking about killing/whatever Bush because he was The President is still striking to me

edit: vvv shit yeah I actually forgot HOW excessive the intellectual dishonesty was

Last edited by Hawaiian Shirt on Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.    I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.  EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 3:58 pm

^ They did not just flip a lid about people talking about killing/impeaching/arresting Bush, they flipped a lid whenever anyone questioned him, disagreed with him, publically announced that they did not support him, etc. because he is The President and you always support The President even if you do not like him because otherwise the country will just fall a-fuckin-part. Remember all the shit that Dixie Chicks caught?
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.    I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.  EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 4:59 pm

Reepicheep-chan wrote:
^ They did not just flip a lid about people talking about killing/impeaching/arresting Bush, they flipped a lid whenever anyone questioned him, disagreed with him, publically announced that they did not support him, etc. because he is The President and you always support The President even if you do not like him because otherwise the country will just fall a-fuckin-part. Remember all the shit that Dixie Chicks caught?
Ah, irony. The same people who screamed about how unAmerican it was to criticize Bush hate Obama and don't fail to say so.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.    I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.  EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 8:11 pm

Thaaat really depended on where you went.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.    I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.  EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 8:22 pm

Hawaiian Shirt wrote:
the raw irony of the fact that most of these people likely flipped a lid or two about liberals talking about killing/whatever Bush because he was The President is still striking to me

edit: vvv shit yeah I actually forgot HOW excessive the intellectual dishonesty was

Reepicheep-chan wrote:

Lady Anne wrote:
Reepicheep-chan wrote:

Ah, irony. The same people who screamed about how unAmerican it was to criticize Bush hate Obama and don't fail to say so.

Yeah, and the people who had such a hard on for criticizing Bush for everything totally don't call anyone who disagrees with Obama's policies racist or anything.

The fact that you clowns can't recognize how hypocritical you're being about being hypocritical is funny to me.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.    I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.  EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 1:58 pm

Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.    I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.  EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 4:06 pm

....Boss Hogg?!
Back to top Go down
TheIan
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.    I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.  EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 5:34 pm

WD40 wrote:
I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.    I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.  EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 7:12 pm

You people are just buttanguished. Some of these are hilarious.

Clinton as The Joker looks good and is funny because Clinton always seemed to act like he was just messing with everyone.

Carville as Voldemort is excellent because Carville looks a lot like Voldemort.

Soros as The Emperor is hilarious, because he looks like goddamn Darth Sidious and he's apparently some Big Evil mastermind of liberalism.

Gore as Mr. Freeze is goddamn hilarious because he's fucking obsessed with cooling shit.

Pelosi as Cruella de Vil is great because Pelosi seems to have gone fucking insane.

The Maddow, Rahmbo, Harry Reid, and Barry Obama ones were misses. Michelle Obama's looks real good, but I fail to see any clever "point" or joke behind it. Especially considering Michelle is big into "health" and Boss Hog is apparently big into cheesecake. Colbert
Back to top Go down
Snake Bandage
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Snake Bandage

PostSubject: Re: I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.    I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.  EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 7:41 pm

From an objective standpoint, those are some of the most badly done Photoshop edits I've ever seen.

On a subjective standpoint... really, you dumb Republican assnozzle? Really?
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.    I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.  EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 1:40 am

Snake Bandage wrote:
From an objective standpoint, those are some of the most badly done Photoshop edits I've ever seen.

To be fair, the Voldemort one is pretty good.

The Two-Face Obama one isn't even Aaron Eckheart - It's the fucking Hot Toys model. And as for the Scarecrow/Harry Reid... Videogame Scarecrow and Harry Reed has two tin cans bulging out of his neck. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
You people are just buttanguished. Some of these are hilarious.

I'm far, far less traumatised by these... In fact, they're a little sad... (although, I'll admit, the Al Gore one did make me chuckle)

"OMG teh marxist commie lieberals are all evil!" as illustrated so barefaced and cartoonishly here is just pathetic and really very, very telling of the creators mindset. The nadir of his cutting wit is to compare them to a comic book villain because... THEY'RE EBIL! JUST LOOK AT THEM! EEEEEEBIL!

The figures themselves arn't being harmed because the calibre of the attack is so poor, and the characters arn't being harmed because they're being stripped down to their most base level, they're the bad guys, and that's as far as the comparison goes.

It's not insulting, it's pathetic.

Taking Ann Coulter and comparing her to Supergirl on the other hand is insulting, because it's glorifying an utterly reprehensible human being, and suggesting that she's comparable to fucking Supergirl.

Penguin wrote:
....Boss Hogg?!

Quote :
Michelle Obama's looks real good, but I fail to see any clever "point" or joke behind it. Especially considering Michelle is big into "health" and Boss Hog is apparently big into cheesecake. Colbert

SHEEESSS FAAAATTT! Michelle Obama is ugly and FAAAAATTTT!

Seriously. That's the talking point.

Why bother criticising her policies when she's a woman and it's much easier and far more appropriate to poke fun at what she looks like.

Also she has a big ass because... TOTALLY NOT RACIST!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.    I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.  Empty

Back to top Go down

I never truly understood blasphemy... Untill now.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next