Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Checkmate, Pro-Choicers!

Go down 
+12
Braigwen
Trioculus
bleachedblackcat
Lady Anne
Penguin
EileenK98
Aggie
Hot Cancer
Mouse
Reidmar
Sakurelf
Maximilia
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

Checkmate, Pro-Choicers! Empty
PostSubject: Checkmate, Pro-Choicers!   Checkmate, Pro-Choicers! EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 8:22 pm

So, I think Sakurelf posted this in the something bad thread, and out of curiosity, I went and had a look at it. YES, this definitely deserves its own page... holy christ.

Checkmate, Pro-Choicers!

Some of them weren't too bad or offensive, but it's obviously a heavy pro-life, Christian tumblr. There were some which made me scratch my head, but this is the one which made me have to link the page:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Sakurelf
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sakurelf

PostSubject: Re: Checkmate, Pro-Choicers!   Checkmate, Pro-Choicers! EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 9:00 pm

I sit and rock myself in a corner and tell myself it's a trollblog.
It has to be. It has to be a trollblog.

On the About Me page wrote:

(Please keep all submissions, comments, and reblogs kind and Christ-like. Even though many girls who have abortions may be sluts, this blog is not about calling them sluts. It is about stopping the new Holocaust!)

Must be troooooollll D:
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: Checkmate, Pro-Choicers!   Checkmate, Pro-Choicers! EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 9:24 pm

scratch I'm mainly just confused...
Back to top Go down
Mouse
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mouse

PostSubject: Re: Checkmate, Pro-Choicers!   Checkmate, Pro-Choicers! EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 9:24 pm

I didn't think it was possible but I think this is even stupider than that one movement in which participants vowed to give up stuff until abortion is outlawed. As though someone will say, "My God this person in Bumfuck, Texas has decided not to drink diet coke until abortion is outlawed. Such courage! Surely I cannot hope to stand against such fortitude. Guess I better give up on such foolish ideals as control over my own body."

Love that one of their "checkmates" is that if you stay pregnant, you have nine months of no periods. Can't say I've ever been pregnant but I think I can do a fairly accurate comparison.

Nine Months with an average of one period per month: a few days in which you take midol and have an excuse to binge on chocolate while watching chick flicks

Pregnancy: morning sickness, weight gain, god-only-knows how many months of looking like a hippo with a gland problem, hemmoroids, swollen ankles, only to culminate in a god-only-knows how long period of labor in which in the words of Scrubs, "you'll cry, poop, and pee in front of twelve complete strangers all of whom will be staring intently at your vagina which has an 80% chance of tearing."

Not to mention, your average bill for delivery costs 10 thousand dollars and that's assuming that it goes completely as planned: no c-sections, no epidurals, no nothing. And the bill will go up like a pinball score if the baby so much as sneezes.

Raise your hand if you think any of the pro-lifers would be willing to support a strong welfare system so that mother will be supported during pregnancy (pre-natal care plus lost wages), delivery (remember the medical bills incurred as a result), and afterwards so that mother and baby are properly taken care of.

That's what I thought.
Back to top Go down
Hot Cancer
Playwright
Playwright
Hot Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Checkmate, Pro-Choicers!   Checkmate, Pro-Choicers! EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 4:26 am

This is very obviously either trolling or attempted parody.

No one should even contemplate that it is otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Checkmate, Pro-Choicers!   Checkmate, Pro-Choicers! EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 6:49 am

Hot Cancer is right; the blog is clearly parody. The fact that so many people can't actually tell right away says a lot, though.
Back to top Go down
Hot Cancer
Playwright
Playwright
Hot Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Checkmate, Pro-Choicers!   Checkmate, Pro-Choicers! EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 1:13 pm

Well, I could see a genuine, serious pro-lifer coming out with the Steve Jobs one.

But the pregnancy is great cos no periods and the welfare ones are a bit of a giveaway.
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: Checkmate, Pro-Choicers!   Checkmate, Pro-Choicers! EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 3:56 pm

"Abortion causes breast cancer"? Are you kidding me? What kind of twisted logic is that?
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Reidmar

PostSubject: Re: Checkmate, Pro-Choicers!   Checkmate, Pro-Choicers! EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 4:02 pm

EileenK98 wrote:
"Abortion causes breast cancer"? Are you kidding me? What kind of twisted logic is that?
Checkmate, Pro-Choicers! 724940 then you realize this site is a joke.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Checkmate, Pro-Choicers!   Checkmate, Pro-Choicers! EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 4:21 pm

Reidmar wrote:
EileenK98 wrote:
Checkmate, Pro-Choicers! 724940 then you realize this site is a joke.
This is a thing a lot of people actually believe.
Back to top Go down
Mouse
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mouse

PostSubject: Re: Checkmate, Pro-Choicers!   Checkmate, Pro-Choicers! EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 7:34 pm

Okay I'm apparently the most gullible person in existence...still I'll save my little rant for the next time some pro-life idiot says that adoption is the answer to all problems.
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Checkmate, Pro-Choicers!   Checkmate, Pro-Choicers! EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 8:07 pm

Mouse wrote:
Okay I'm apparently the most gullible person in existence...still I'll save my little rant for the next time some pro-life idiot says that adoption is the answer to all problems.

Hey, don't feel bad for being fooled. There actually are some idiots that say shit like this, so it's reasonable to assume it was genuine.
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: Checkmate, Pro-Choicers!   Checkmate, Pro-Choicers! EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 5:00 pm

This got me curious about the ethics of time travel.

Call it the Terminator Paradox. If you go back in time to prevent your child from being conceived, is that murder? Is it a "pre-conception abortion"? How wrong is it to cause someone not to have existed? It doesn't even have to be an important person, just anyone off the street. If, say, my mother went back in time and talked herself out of going to that dance*, where would I be?

*The story: my parents met at a dance in Boston in the mid-Sixties. She didn't want to go because she had just broken up with someone, but her friend talked her into it. She met my father, and here I am. What if neither of them had been there that night? Where am I?
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Reidmar

PostSubject: Re: Checkmate, Pro-Choicers!   Checkmate, Pro-Choicers! EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 9:29 pm

EileenK98 wrote:
Where am I?

With Chris. Colbert
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Checkmate, Pro-Choicers!   Checkmate, Pro-Choicers! EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 9:39 pm

EileenK98 wrote:

Call it the Terminator Paradox. If you go back in time to prevent your child from being conceived, is that murder? Is it a "pre-conception abortion"? How wrong is it to cause someone not to have existed? It doesn't even have to be an important person, just anyone off the street. If, say, my mother went back in time and talked herself out of going to that dance*, where would I be?

You should watch an episode of Supernatural called My Heart Will Go On. It deals with the ethics of having gone back in time to *stop* the Titanic from sinking and then dealing with the consequences of all of the "unscripted" survivors and their descendants. That kind of begs the question of: if you could go back in time and stop tragedies from occurring, would you have a moral obligation to do so?
Back to top Go down
Sakurelf
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sakurelf

PostSubject: Re: Checkmate, Pro-Choicers!   Checkmate, Pro-Choicers! EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 10:28 pm

Aggie wrote:
EileenK98 wrote:

You should watch an episode of Supernatural called My Heart Will Go On. It deals with the ethics of having gone back in time to *stop* the Titanic from sinking and then dealing with the consequences of all of the "unscripted" survivors and their descendants. That kind of begs the question of: if you could go back in time and stop tragedies from occurring, would you have a moral obligation to do so?

Depends if you believe in remedial chaos theory or not. Y'know, step on a butterfly and everything changes, or, fate exists and no matter what you do the same outcome will always happen.

This is, in fact, the darkest timeline.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Checkmate, Pro-Choicers!   Checkmate, Pro-Choicers! EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 8:15 pm

If something on Mars had cells but no heartbeat, it would still be life. Most organisms don't have heartbeats, because they don't have hearts. Hearts only exist in organisms in the kingdom Animalia--and not all of those species have them.

Edit: Lobsters have heartbeats. Is it murder to kill a lobster?

Checkmate, troll.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Checkmate, Pro-Choicers!   Checkmate, Pro-Choicers! EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 8:32 pm

Lady Anne wrote:

If something had a heartbeat on Mars, I would fucking run away as fast as I could. But that's just the seen-too-many-horror-movies-that-started-like-this cynic in me talking.
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: Checkmate, Pro-Choicers!   Checkmate, Pro-Choicers! EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 5:07 pm

I've seen things like this is real pro-life sites/posters/from their mouths. I've found out that the best way NOT to counter it is by going "What if Hitler's mom had gotten an abortion?" Because it ends with your mom and dad angry at you for a month.

..... It was worth it though...
Back to top Go down
Trioculus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Trioculus

PostSubject: Re: Checkmate, Pro-Choicers!   Checkmate, Pro-Choicers! EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 5:21 pm

bleachedblackcat wrote:
I've seen things like this is real pro-life sites/posters/from their mouths. I've found out that the best way NOT to counter it is by going "What if Hitler's mom had gotten an abortion?" Because it ends with your mom and dad angry at you for a month.

..... It was worth it though...

Another good one:

"What if the baby you just saved grows up to be gay?"
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Checkmate, Pro-Choicers!   Checkmate, Pro-Choicers! EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 5:28 pm

I've actually seen some marriage contracts that say that if the baby is found out to be female, then the husband has the right to demand his wife have an abortion.

So should pro-choicers rail on the husband for putting that in the contract, or the wife for agreeing to it?

It gets hazy when the law is brought into it.

And also, what if the mother has preeclampsia early in the pregnancy? Should she just go ahead and let her heart explode so she can be a good mother in heaven?
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Checkmate, Pro-Choicers!   Checkmate, Pro-Choicers! EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 5:48 am

Braigwen wrote:
I've actually seen some marriage contracts that say that if the baby is found out to be female, then the husband has the right to demand his wife have an abortion.

So should pro-choicers rail on the husband for putting that in the contract, or the wife for agreeing to it?

It gets hazy when the law is brought into it.

I don't think any such contract is enforceable in the US. Other countries, however, I have no idea.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Checkmate, Pro-Choicers!   Checkmate, Pro-Choicers! EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 3:00 pm

Braigwen wrote:

I'm pretty sure that in places where that sort of contract exists, the wife has very little choice BUT to agree to it. You know, since it says that female children are undesirable and a woman's uterus is the property of her husband. Doesn't exactly point to an enlightened, egalitarian society. Use your head, please.
Back to top Go down
V3N0M
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
V3N0M

PostSubject: Re: Checkmate, Pro-Choicers!   Checkmate, Pro-Choicers! EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 12:34 am

You support killing babies but not serial murderers. Checkmate pro choicers.

Full disclosure: I stopped supporting the death penalty after they didn't give Troy Davis a new trial.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Checkmate, Pro-Choicers!   Checkmate, Pro-Choicers! EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 2:11 am

Oh, it's been a while since I've been here. Heh. This site cracks my shit up. XD

And that guy over there died getting a TOOTH EXTRACTED! DOWN WITH DENTISTS!

Hell, let's legalize every crime. Pfft. Society, who needs one?

How dare you feminists get all uppity about this "equal rights" bullshit?! THINK OF THE BAYBEES!

MAN. But the BEST part about this is reading the comments on the tumblr. People do think it's real. I did (initially), but some of them are too wtfery. I think it says something about the pro-life movement that people do think this is a real blog/tumblr.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Checkmate, Pro-Choicers!   Checkmate, Pro-Choicers! Empty

Back to top Go down

Checkmate, Pro-Choicers!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next