Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Stateman takes on Mens Rights Activists.

Go down 
+2
Reepicheep-chan
WD40
6 posters
AuthorMessage
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

New Stateman takes on Mens Rights Activists.  Empty
PostSubject: New Stateman takes on Mens Rights Activists.    New Stateman takes on Mens Rights Activists.  EmptyTue May 22, 2012 3:07 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Rationalisation Hamster.

Quote :
Of course, this has been "a thing" since the Fathers4Justice superheroes first scaled a public building, reiterating in one fell swoop that irresponsible, life-endangering behaviour and silly costumes are not only newspaper-friendly, but are also not qualities many women look for in a potential birthing partner. Then we had Tom Martin suing the London School of Economics' gender studies programme for sexism, one of his complaints being that the chairs they sat on were too hard and not suitable for the comfortable positioning of his goolies. Poor Tom.

Yeah... Remember this guy?

Hehe. I get to use this again:

also this:

Quote :
A Voice for Men is essentially the EDL of the mens' rights movement, positing as it does such statements as "a single mother is a woman who in most cases chose to have, or to raise a child without a father. This demonstrates terrible, selfish values", and "fake boobs are a sexual advertisement. If your wife or GF wants them that means she's seeking to attract heightened male attention." It's extremist, bitter, and encourages men to "not get fucked" by taping every conversation that they have with a woman, like a troop of paranoid angry, ninja spies.

Hehe. It's not going to stop at just this snarky 'intro'-style article, though. the authors of this blog are going to do a whole week on this.

In related news: Phyllis Schlafly is is lookin' for her hero and still hating women

The article revolves around an event which features journalist, blogger, authour, speaker and activist Laurie Pennie (Nominated and shortlisted for the Orwell Prize and winner of the Bread and Roses award 2012), who is neatly described by Schlafly as just "An English woman".

Great start, Phyllis.

The event happened when Laurie was a bit of an idiot and nearly, maybe, could have been hit by traffic due to her own inattentiveness, and was "saved" by someone who is not a pleb.

Quote :
A taxi was headed directly toward her when, lo and behold, heartthrob Ryan Gosling came to her rescue, grabbing Penny and pulling her out of harm's way. It was a classic "man saves woman" event.

Grab your fans, ladies, you may need to sit down.

Quote :
Most women like big, strong, John-Wayne-type men. They want men who bravely put out fires, fight in combat, protect their wives and children against intruders, and save damsels in distress.

Damn. I actually feel ashamed now. No wonder I can't get laid.

Hang on, I'll finish this post after I've kicked in a pimp's door.

My foot hurts and I got tazered.

Schlafly's problem is with English woman's reaction. (Posted in the fucking Independent, Phylis. No need to mention that, huh? Can't go breaking the illusion of the parasol-twirling, teacup and saucer holding, peaches-and-cream English lady who is far to frail to work, huh?) wherein she states:

Quote :
As a feminist, it is rather irritating that I have finally become tabloid-famous in the guise of a simpering damsel in distress.

In short, Laurie is a little perplexed that "ordinary thing happened" and this is the thing that has launched her into the public eye. For no other reason than a "Celeb" was involved. This is what has made "America" notice her. Not her coverage of the War on Women or her highlighting of similar events in the UK.

Schlafly, however, sees something different:

Quote :
If American women want to know where all the manly men have gone, they can blame the feminists. Not only can men no longer hold the door open for women, they can't even save a woman's life and get a gracious thank you. Feminists have destroyed the relationship between men and woman.

Yup.

"My media-fuelled stereotype of Knights in shining armour protecting poor incompetent women from their own idiocy is not healed up in reality and it's the darn feminazi's fault."

Says the woman who utterly ignores the achievements and work by the woman she is criticising. Amazing.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: New Stateman takes on Mens Rights Activists.    New Stateman takes on Mens Rights Activists.  EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 4:17 pm

WD40 wrote:
Heh. I need to go into antidotes more often.
Back to top Go down
Hot Cancer
Playwright
Playwright
Hot Cancer

PostSubject: Re: New Stateman takes on Mens Rights Activists.    New Stateman takes on Mens Rights Activists.  EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 4:56 pm

This is has me musing over the whole Fathers4Justice concept. I'll unleash a short semi-related stream of consciousness...

I don't believe there are any cases of a really good, hard working man losing his kids to crack-whore Mom, and then being hit with so much child support that he has to live in a box room. Except it's not really a room, it's the pit under a dry toilet. And he never sees his kids. That doesn't happen, and if it does, it's down to the individual judge in the case being a clown, rather than to men lacking rights.

But let's say for argument's sake, women are favoured by judges in custody cases sometimes. And marginal cases go in their favour. And maybe in cases where one parent has primary custody, men get less visitation rights than women in the same position. I have no idea if that's the case or not, but let's say we accept F4J's view that it is. That would surely imply that society (or at least the judiciary) see mothers as better parents than fathers. It's more important for little Billy to have a mommy than a daddy. Now why would that be the case?

It's either:

1) Matriarchy and repression of men.

2) Society chained women to the sink (metaphorically speaking) as soon as they had kids up until at least the 80s or 90s, we're not exactly a million miles away from the concept of "women stay at home and mind babies. Men work." now, and women are still conceptualised in the primary role of carer and men aren't.

Which do you think?

Oh, and hint: it's not 1.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: New Stateman takes on Mens Rights Activists.    New Stateman takes on Mens Rights Activists.  EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 5:04 pm

Hot Cancer wrote:
2) Society chained women to the sink (metaphorically speaking) as soon as they had kids up until at least the 80s or 90s. And we're not exactly a million miles away from the concept of "women stay at home and mind babies. Men work." now.
Bingo.

That said, I wouldn't dismiss all the fathers' rights groups, or the need for fairness when it comes to parental rights and custody. In Ireland unmarried fathers have almost no rights with regard to their own children (due to the kind of fuckery that led to women being shoved in Magdalene Laundries for magically getting pregnant out of wedlock all on their own) and paternity leave is a joke. The problem is that some fathers' rights groups are inclined to attract and tolerate abusive shitbags who want to use their kids to get at their ex. They also attract the less disgusting but still blehh gentlemen who have no more interest in spending time with their kids than they do the man in the moon, but want as much custody/visitation as possible to avoid giving that fucking bitch a single cent more than they have to.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: New Stateman takes on Mens Rights Activists.    New Stateman takes on Mens Rights Activists.  EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 10:19 am

WD40 wrote:

In related news: Phyllis Schlafly is is lookin' for her hero and still hating women

I just finished reading the blog item in question, and boy howdy, does she ever bring the crazy to this topic. She calls her group The Eagle Forum, but after checking out her comments in that blog post I think a more appropriate bird analogy might be "cuckoo". I'm not sure why, but when I was reading her commentary I was reminded in some ways of General Ripper's legendary "bodily fluids" rant from Dr. Strangelove.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: New Stateman takes on Mens Rights Activists.    New Stateman takes on Mens Rights Activists.  EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 12:55 pm

Phyllis Shitfly wrote:
Not only can men no longer hold the door open for women, they can't even save a woman's life and get a gracious thank you.
O rly? I never object to a man holding the door for me (and I've never met one who objected when I held the door for him). Laurie Penny doesn't strike me as being ungrateful for having Ryan Gosling save her life, but she does seem unhappy to be portrayed as a "damsel in distress", which can often be translated as "stupid woman who can't take care of herself". Since anyone, male or female, can run into trouble crossing streets with an unfamiliar traffic pattern, it's not a case of "stupid woman", it's a case of "extra caution should be taken in unfamiliar situations".
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Stateman takes on Mens Rights Activists.    New Stateman takes on Mens Rights Activists.  Empty

Back to top Go down

New Stateman takes on Mens Rights Activists.
Page 1 of 1