Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Man on run continues to update his status on Facebook

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
knightwithoutacause
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
knightwithoutacause

Man on run continues to update his status on Facebook Empty
PostSubject: Man on run continues to update his status on Facebook   Man on run continues to update his status on Facebook EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 2:38 pm

Though I usually don't read yahoo! news articles, this one did catch my attention. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
Nicolaysen has been convicted of five felonies, including domestic violence, burglary and theft of a firearm, police said. He is wanted by the Washington state Department of Corrections for failing to check in with his community corrections officer since January.

Which means that the police may assume that he is armed even if he isn't just to ensure their ability to return to their families. While I would think that anyone associated with him would be scared for his life, apparently I'm wrong.

Quote :
While police find the fugitive Facebook posting a little frustrating, it's a source of glee for Teri Newell of Port Angeles who says she helped raise Nicolaysen and describes herself as his aunt.

"I think it's hilarious," said Newell, who confirmed the Facebook account belonged to Nicolaysen.

"That's my boy, Travis," she said.

"Every single time he gets out of jail, he doesn't check in," said Newell, who also complains that police are heavy-handed.

She said she doesn't know where he is.

"If he's smart, he's hidden away, tucked away safe," she said.

Yes, its hilarious that he's on the run, could end up being shot if things go badly, has been accused of assaulting his former girlfriend, and abandoned his two young children. If this woman was among those who raised him, I think that might explain some things.

Couldn't anyone who gave assistance, even in the form of advice of where the police are via Facebook, be arrested for assisting a fugitive?
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
bleachedblackcat

Man on run continues to update his status on Facebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man on run continues to update his status on Facebook   Man on run continues to update his status on Facebook EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 5:05 pm

Quote :
"Every single time he gets out of jail, he doesn't check in," said Newell, who also complains that police are heavy-handed.

Yeah, darn those police officers not allowing her poor baby to update his Facebook before dragging him off to jail.

Edit: Also this bugs the fuck out of me.

Quote :
Port Angeles attorney Robert Vienneau, who says he knows Nicolaysen, says the fugitive does what he has to do to get by.

Because we ALL have to beat the person we're with to get by in this cruel, cruel world.
Back to top Go down

Man on run continues to update his status on Facebook
Page 1 of 1