Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Lesser of Two Evils

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sakurelf
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sakurelf

The Lesser of Two Evils Empty
PostSubject: The Lesser of Two Evils   The Lesser of Two Evils EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 11:09 pm

(I don't seem to have privileges to post a poll. I remember being able to do so in the past, but the option isn't available to me right now under New Topic)

So since Glee has eliminated itself from my Mindless Dreck Time Period where I wind down my brain from school / work in preparation for sleep, I have a new timeslot opened up for television where I Really Don't Want To Think. It's supposed to be mindless. Too much engagement with believable plot will keep me awake at night.

This fall, two new shows with the exact same premise have premiered. "Quirky Brunette lives with men while show tries to look quasi-feminist"

Up first, we have Zoey Deschanel in New Girl.
Zoey is a quirky brunette who lives with seven dwarves three douchebags. While the story pretends to be about her, it's actually about how her life is manipulated and dominated by male factors, or the need for male approval. She likes to sing and does awkward quirky-girl stuff like victory dances and snorting while laughing. Jess (Deschanel) is defined by her one friend, who is a model. This provides contrast because she is supportive of Jess but disgusted by Jess's obnoxious douchebag roommates.

In the other corner, we have Whitney. Whitney Cummings is a quirky brunette who lives with her boyfriend and gets up to lots of shenanegans. She is awkward in an adorable way. Her life is also dictated by a need for male approval, but contrasts from New Girl in that she is already in a steady relationship and will not simply date the Leonard Hoffsteder/Ross Geller of the social group in season 2 if the show makes it that far. Whitney's friends are various stereotypes of women who make counter-intuitive suggestions to Whitney which often complicate her quirky schenanegans and create false conflict.

Hopefully, I can get a full review of the first episode of each show up. In the mean time, I welcome opinions on the Lesser of Two Evils. (And no saying "they're both shit", Mikey. Pick one or fuck off.)
Back to top Go down
Sutremaine
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sutremaine

PostSubject: Re: The Lesser of Two Evils   The Lesser of Two Evils EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 2:18 pm

"They're both shit" is a perfectly acceptable answer. It's not as though you have to watch one of them.
Back to top Go down
Sakurelf
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sakurelf

PostSubject: Re: The Lesser of Two Evils   The Lesser of Two Evils EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 7:19 pm

Sutremaine wrote:
"They're both shit" is a perfectly acceptable answer. It's not as though you have to watch one of them.

Oh, that was Mikey-only. I'm just so tired of his generic, half-assed responses lately. :/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lesser of Two Evils   The Lesser of Two Evils Empty

Back to top Go down

The Lesser of Two Evils
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Why God, Why? :: The Sporking Table :: GodAwful Bullshit-
Jump to: