Join date : 2011-06-08
|Subject: Heero Potter Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:03 am|| |
Hello, some of you might remember me from way-back-when. Those of you that do may also remember "Heero Potter", a crossover fic between "Harry Potter" and "Gundam Wing" that was posted here. It still exists, albeit not updated since 2007, at http://www.fanfiction.net/s/899535/1/Heero_Potter_Yr_01 for those who care to venture. It's the one where, among other things:
- Heero Yui is now Heero Potter, son of Harry and a (dead as of the beginning of the fic) Sue
- Duo Maxwell is now Duo Weasley, son of one of twins
- Trowa Barton is now Trowa Weasley, son of Ron and Hermione
- Quatre Winner is now Quatre Malfoy, son of Draco
Don't remember who Wufei's parents are, if Quatre's sisters were even so much as mentioned, or much of anything else, nor do I care to re-read the fic myself to check.
Yes, both the fic and its appearance on the original GAFF site were before the last HP book came out. But this fic was considered godawful even then, and much as I hated the actual last HP book itself and the horrible sue/stu offspring Rowling foisted on the characters (including the one who didn't wait for the epilogue but also didn't exist until the last book), well, this fic is hardly an improvement.
Join date : 2011-06-09
|Subject: Re: Heero Potter Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:49 pm|| |
- I.V. VonBischoffs wrote:
- [something about not caring to re-read the fic]
Let me try.
- Quote :
- Prussian eyes focused on the list in front of him. He'd seen it plenty of times before. A list of supplies for the first year students going to Hogwarts. He knew exactly what he needed, where to find it, and how to use it. In fact, the only reason he was so focused on this list was so he didn't pay any attention to the goblins around him.
His father was down below, drawing money for his supplies, and the actual trip up to school. He hated going under ground. It reminded him too much of his mother's death. And he already had the president of the bank upset with him because of a little incident of figuring out the complex vault codes when he was seven.
"Heero," his father called. The boy looked up from his list and saw a tall man walking towards him. "It's time to get going."
"Yes Father," the boy said standing. As he and his father walked out of Gringotts, Heero looked up to his father. "Do I have to replace Roger?" he asked lowly.
"Boa constrictors aren't on your list, son." Emerald eyes softened when Heero's chocolate colored head lowered.
Okay, we have "Prussian", "emerald", and "chocolate" where just plain "blue"
, and "brown"
would have sufficed. And I can already say I don't think I want to know the circumstances surrounding Heero's mother's death given the description.
- Quote :
- Malfoy's eyes narrowed even more as he looked at Harry. He hated the fact that Harry was in a more prestigious position than he was. The rivalry they had back at Hogwarts only heightened over time, and (he believed) it was pure luck and stupidity that Harry was appointed as Headmaster of Hogwarts. "It's none of your business Potter." His glare then turned from his former rival to his son. "Come along Quatre."
As Malfoy quickly made his way up to the door of Gringotts, Quatre looked at the small group of people and smiled apologetically. "Sorry about that Mr. Harry," he whispered before walking after his father.
Ron shook his head sadly as father and son disappeared into the goblin-run bank. "That boy is too good to be his son," he said softly.
Yet the author made it so anyway.
- Quote :
- Hermione gently ran her fingers through Trowa's soft hair. "That's true, but it can't be helped," she said lowly. She looked at the men around her and sighed. It wasn't their place to try to right the wrongs that had befallen one Quatre R. Malfoy.
Would one those wrongs include being in this fic?
Anyway, Harry and his son from another time and place buy a dragon:
- Quote :
- The dragon was the ray of hope that he had been waiting for. He hadn't seen Heero smile in months and here he was carrying on the way he used to. He ran his hands through, Heero's dark hair. He was almost tempted to hug him, but he knew Heero would only think he was being goofy or worse reject him. Baby steps, he had to move slowly if he was going to get Heero to heal and let him back into his life. "We'll take this one."
The shopkeeper smiled. She was finally glad to get rid of the troublesome ruby dragon. "Good choice." Perhaps the great Potter clan could tame the thing, though she wondered why the toy dragon reacted so well to them. It probably sensed the good in them, at least that is what she told herself when she could have sworn they were talking to it.
"What's your name?" Heero said lowly as Harry went and paid the woman.
"Wushu," he answered, "and you're Heero Potter."
"How did you know that?" he asked curiously.
"I may have been born at night but it wasn't last night," he answered, "but if you must know, your father called you Heero and the old bag over there called your father Mr. Potter."
Heero's cheeks flushed. He should have realized all of his. "At least you're observant," he replied then smirked. "What kind of name is Wushu? Sounds like some bad take out."
A Stu dragon whose name also sounds very similar to a Disney character (the fic was started in 2002, so yes "Mulan" existed then). Probably a coincidence, but probably not.
Now I'm going to stop here, I don't think I can take any more. However, I can confirm that as of chapter two, still no mention of Wufei's parents, or of Quatre's many (canon) sisters, not even Duo's parents or Heero's mother. Props to the OP and anyone else who read far enough to at least know those last two.