Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gettin' Poe'd

Go down 
AuthorMessage
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

Gettin' Poe'd Empty
PostSubject: Gettin' Poe'd   Gettin' Poe'd EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 5:53 am

So... I was halfway through a rant about Objective: Ministaries when I read something that made me chuckle. At first, I thought I was chuckling at how daft the 'creationalists' on the site were, but then I jumped to this page:

Objective Ministaries 2002 Dinosaur Expedition

Quote :
This Summer (2002), I was blessed to be able to take part in some very important fieldwork which I would like to share with my readers. In order to further support the theory of man/dinosaur contemporaneity, I and a group of fellow creation scientists mounted an expedition to the jungles of Africa to track down and bring back photographic evidence of a living dinosaur, thus proving that these Behemoths had indeed survived the Flood as scriptural analysis clearly indicates.

The whole site is glorious, and double glorious in that it got me, and a bunch of others, all hot under the collar.

And when I say the whole site, I;m talking about a fucking huge site! The thing is enormous, and contains link, upon link upon link to the insane, equally funny (but for far different reasons) ramblings of real creationists and their bizzare magic-thinking 'engagements' with scientists.

Here's another goldmine: Zounds! the music/gaming/youth culture section, run by pastor Fred 'Skeet' Hoskins:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Whose creepy 'down with the kids' writing is priceless!

Best for a gaming nerd like me is a video games review section.

Quote :
Portal also mocks God and advocates man's rebellion against His authority. Gladys, whose omnipresent voice makes her a not-very-subtle mockery of God, promises cake after the testing is complete, but really she intends to incinerate you in a fire. There are hidden messages scrawled throughout the levels saying "The cake is a lie", which in context really mean "God's promise of Salvation is a lie". The ultimate goal of the game is to kill Gladys and free yourself from her control, much like the Atheist's ultimate goal of killing God so he can live a life of wantonness. While the game has no blood (you only "kill" robots) or sex (although it implies possible intimate relations with an inanimate object known as the "weighted companion cube"), the bleakness of its worldview and oppressive proselytizing of crazy Atheist theology earn it

I advise you to loose an evening poking through the site. It is wonderful!

Anyone else got any other examples of satire on the internet?

Back to top Go down

Gettin' Poe'd
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Why God, Why? :: The Sporking Table :: New Releases :: Antidotes-
Jump to: