Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Crossover Badfic Challenge

Go down 
+12
KJM
PiFace314
talonotw
myeerah
SlyChild
Cyberwulf
Raine
Reepicheep-chan
your mom
Sheba
rae
Maximilia
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

The Crossover Badfic Challenge - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Crossover Badfic Challenge   The Crossover Badfic Challenge - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 8:43 am

Sheba wrote:
This is actually turning out to be all kinds of fun!

Yay! IT was meant to be fun, sort of as a cleanser after the mad dash of Nano, to write something utterly silly. Smile
Back to top Go down
PiFace314

PiFace314

PostSubject: Re: The Crossover Badfic Challenge   The Crossover Badfic Challenge - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 5:12 pm

Wahaha, first chapter is up... I doubt I'll get a lot of interest, but, eh, why not?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Also, I can't write sex scenes to save my life...
Back to top Go down
your mom
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
your mom

PostSubject: Re: The Crossover Badfic Challenge   The Crossover Badfic Challenge - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 5:19 pm

LAWL, all the author's notes. That's bad, man. Ha ha. Nice job.

PiFace314 wrote:

Also, I can't write sex scenes to save my life...
That makes it BETTER. This is the only time when failing at something actually might help you, ha ha.
Back to top Go down
Sheba
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sheba

PostSubject: Re: The Crossover Badfic Challenge   The Crossover Badfic Challenge - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 5:22 pm

Haha, oh God. I know nothing about either of those fandoms and yet the badness shines through. Great job!
Back to top Go down
PiFace314

PiFace314

PostSubject: Re: The Crossover Badfic Challenge   The Crossover Badfic Challenge - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 5:35 pm

Sheba wrote:

Edit:

First chapter is go!

Thanks, I guess. Thankfully, my usual stories aren't all that bad. Also, loving the crossover idea. Seriously, Twilight and House? WHUT? Ah, never mind. Can't wait to read more! Also, frankly, in my opinion, it needs more sex. You know, for the fangirls! The Crossover Badfic Challenge - Page 2 961878
Back to top Go down
Sheba
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sheba

PostSubject: Re: The Crossover Badfic Challenge   The Crossover Badfic Challenge - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 5:39 pm

PiFace314 wrote:
Sheba wrote:

Edit:

First chapter is go!

Thanks, I guess. Thankfully, my usual stories aren't all that bad. Also, loving the crossover idea. Seriously, Twilight and House? WHUT? Ah, never mind. Can't wait to read more! Also, frankly, in my opinion, it needs more sex. You know, for the fangirls! The Crossover Badfic Challenge - Page 2 961878

xD Hey, Carlisle is a doctor, right? Guess who else is a doctor? The Crossover Badfic Challenge - Page 2 961878

xD Thanks, and yeah, I thought it might. Hmm, maybe the cure can be Healing Sex.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: The Crossover Badfic Challenge   The Crossover Badfic Challenge - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 5:43 pm

*snicker* That's really atrocious. XD
Back to top Go down
your mom
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
your mom

PostSubject: Re: The Crossover Badfic Challenge   The Crossover Badfic Challenge - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 6:41 pm

I've got the first chapter of mine up as well.

Sheba wrote:
Edward and Jacob were boning up in Edward's room.
Oh, the detailed description!
Quote :
"Ohhh, Eddie!," Jake moaned as they did it like on the Discovery channel.
*snerk*

IMO, too many em-dashes. Fanbrats don't know what em-dashes are. The only punctuation marks fanbrats know how to use are periods and commas. Your grammar: I can sees it!

And now I guess the reason Jacob is sick!!!!
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
PiFace314

PiFace314

PostSubject: Re: The Crossover Badfic Challenge   The Crossover Badfic Challenge - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 7:11 pm

Well, I like it, but there's too much detail in that author's note. And I don't know, but I always associate bad fanfics with crappily written sex scenes. Still, I'm eager to see what you come up with.
Back to top Go down
your mom
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
your mom

PostSubject: Re: The Crossover Badfic Challenge   The Crossover Badfic Challenge - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 7:14 pm

PiFace314 wrote:
Well, I like it, but there's too much detail in that author's note. And I don't know, but I always associate bad fanfics with crappily written sex scenes. Still, I'm eager to see what you come up with.
Yeah, I dunno. I've seen author's notes where the author will give away half the story and cover absolutely every question that anyone might ever think of about the fic, instead of just fucking GETTING to the fic. And I'm thinking I might put in a couple sex scenes, even though I've only rated the story T; I'll just add in the author's notes of the chapter "This chapter has a mature sex scene!! Don't read if you don't like that!"

[edit] I took out a couple of details from the author's note; maybe you're right. Thanks. Wink

Last edited by your mom on Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sheba
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sheba

PostSubject: Re: The Crossover Badfic Challenge   The Crossover Badfic Challenge - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 7:17 pm

your mom wrote:
I've got the first chapter of mine up as well.

Sheba wrote:
Edward and Jacob were boning up in Edward's room.
Oh, the detailed description!
Quote :
"Ohhh, Eddie!," Jake moaned as they did it like on the Discovery channel.
*snerk*

IMO, too many em-dashes. Fanbrats don't know what em-dashes are. The only punctuation marks fanbrats know how to use are periods and commas. Your grammar: I can sees it!

And now I guess the reason Jacob is sick!!!!
Spoiler:

Dr. Who/Harry Potter? OMG, BRILLIANT! I especially love the said-overdose. Very fanbratty.

And, hm, true. It might scare them away, mightn't it?

Also:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
your mom
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
your mom

PostSubject: Re: The Crossover Badfic Challenge   The Crossover Badfic Challenge - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 7:21 pm

Sheba wrote:

Also:
Spoiler:

Oh god, votes are just terrible. Very fanbratty. "I can't decide what to do in my own story: you decide for me!"

[edit] Also, it seems to be a rule that the only reason anyone is EVER sick in badfic is A) they're pregnant, or B) they have a fever so another character can give them lots of schmoopy hurt/comfort. The only reason I've ever read for people being sick to their stomach is pregnancy. At this point, I think it would actually be a surprise to me if one day I were reading a fic and it turned out that they had the flu or something.
Back to top Go down
PiFace314

PiFace314

PostSubject: Re: The Crossover Badfic Challenge   The Crossover Badfic Challenge - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 8:37 pm

Wait... what happens if no one gets reviews by the end of the challenge? Will it be decided by number of views or something?
Back to top Go down
your mom
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
your mom

PostSubject: Re: The Crossover Badfic Challenge   The Crossover Badfic Challenge - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 8:40 pm

My friend (who hasn't posted her fic in this thread) has already got one review, so I guess she'd win. The Crossover Badfic Challenge - Page 2 611762

I have one author alert so far, and I think it says in the rules that those might have to count toward our final total as well.
Back to top Go down
PiFace314

PiFace314

PostSubject: Re: The Crossover Badfic Challenge   The Crossover Badfic Challenge - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 8:42 pm

Damn! Should have written a Twilight thing. My fandoms aren't as big as, say, Harry Potter or Naruto. Ah well, I just hope some stupid fans get a chance to see my story~
Back to top Go down
your mom
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
your mom

PostSubject: Re: The Crossover Badfic Challenge   The Crossover Badfic Challenge - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 8:58 pm

Yeah, I picked two massive fandoms to maximize my chances of reviews. If I'd REALLY wanted to go whole hog, I should have done Harry Potter/Naruto, since those are THE two biggest fandoms on the Pit. But since I know absolutely zilch about Naruto--wait, actually, that would have made for a very bad fic without even trying. I could have just looked the character names up on Wikipedia and invented my own personalities for them. DAMN! Why didn't I think of that sooner?

Meh. It's kinda more fun bastardizing characters you already know and love.
Back to top Go down
KJM
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: The Crossover Badfic Challenge   The Crossover Badfic Challenge - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 5:21 pm

Maximilia wrote:
8. IF YOU ARE A MEMBER OF THIS FORUM, PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE FF.NET REVIEWS OR FAVORITE ANY OF THE ENTRIES.
What about non-challenge stories and/or accounts?

ETA: Also, just to be clear, we don't have to pick our tropes from the example list, do we?
Back to top Go down
http://kennethmrrw502.blogspot.com/
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: The Crossover Badfic Challenge   The Crossover Badfic Challenge - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 11:12 pm

No, you can pick whatever tropes you like. Those are just like... for examples, to give ideas. You can leave reviews at non-challenge stories, yes, but not the stories that are listed as part of the challenge.
Back to top Go down
PiFace314

PiFace314

PostSubject: Re: The Crossover Badfic Challenge   The Crossover Badfic Challenge - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 11:59 pm

Well, I think it would be nice if you put up a link to those stories that have already been submitted. Then everyone gets to see the badness. The Crossover Badfic Challenge - Page 2 831506
Back to top Go down
your mom
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
your mom

PostSubject: Re: The Crossover Badfic Challenge   The Crossover Badfic Challenge - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 1:20 am

I also want to see the badness! The Crossover Badfic Challenge - Page 2 831506

But I think in the rules it said people were allowed to keep it under wraps until the contest was over. BUT, that does also make it sort of difficult, because ANY bad crossover on the Pit could be part of the contest. So I guess we can't comment on ANY crossovers during the month of December, just in case.

Maybe we should have a list posted, but it can just be an anonymous list? That way, no one has to own up to their fic if they don't want to, and it ensures that we all know which stories not to review. Just a suggestion.

[edit]
Sheba wrote:
His butt was tingling and it felt like an organism.
TARA, IS THAT YOU??

That chapter is GOLD.
Back to top Go down
KJM
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: The Crossover Badfic Challenge   The Crossover Badfic Challenge - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 5:25 pm

I'm officially in:

Back to top Go down
your mom
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
your mom

PostSubject: Re: The Crossover Badfic Challenge   The Crossover Badfic Challenge - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 5:30 pm

^ Oh god, those bad jokes The Crossover Badfic Challenge - Page 2 611762 I love all the detailed description you went into about the ceremony. Very nice.
Back to top Go down
Sheba
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sheba

PostSubject: Re: The Crossover Badfic Challenge   The Crossover Badfic Challenge - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 9:30 pm

KJM wrote:
I'm officially in:

I can't decide which is funnier, the cracks in the Fourth Wall or Angel's woobification.
Back to top Go down
your mom
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
your mom

PostSubject: Re: The Crossover Badfic Challenge   The Crossover Badfic Challenge - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 9:37 pm

KJM wrote:
Four years had passed since that horrible day, and they still had no idea where Buffy was or what Spike had done with her.
I read that and immediately my brain went "SHE'S GONNA SHOW UP NOW WITH A SECRET KID". Happens 9 times out of 10 when a woman in a badfic is away for longer than 6 months.

...I almost find this contest more fun than reading ACTUAL badfic, because I know we're all sitting around going, "Okay, what can I do to make this absolutely HORRIBLE? What would fanbrats do?" The Crossover Badfic Challenge - Page 2 611762
Back to top Go down
KJM
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: The Crossover Badfic Challenge   The Crossover Badfic Challenge - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 9:25 pm

All my chapters are posted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Crossover Badfic Challenge   The Crossover Badfic Challenge - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Crossover Badfic Challenge
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next