Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rose's Inharitance

Go down 
+7
EileenK98
WD40
Rabid Badger
Trioculus
Chris91
TheIan
Lady Anne
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

Rose's Inharitance Empty
PostSubject: Rose's Inharitance   Rose's Inharitance EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 10:18 pm

The Titanic fandom has a good share of badfic, but some stands out more than others. I present to you Rose's Inharitance, in which history is mangled, spelling is forgotten, and Edward Cullen is on the Carpathia.

Quote :
Summery- After Titanic Jack and rose board the Carpathia not knowing the other is on the ship. They both have the same dream. Could it be true? Will they ever find each other? Teenage Pregnancy.
You know a story's bad when it starts with a descriptive season.

Quote :
"What is your name Miss?" the guy with the big pad said
This could be taken any of three ways:

1.) The guy has a big apartment.
2.) The guy is offering her a big sanitary napkin.
3.) He has a lot of paper.

Quote :
Jack is gone I thought then I grabbed a peace of paper and wrote
Peace paper! The world could use some of that.

Quote :
"on the sky deck' he answered but I was already running
What the hell is a sky deck?

Quote :
1 month l8er
Okay...laughable misspellings, words that could be interpreted many ways, chatspeak, and...oh, yes...a rescue ship stalled in the middle of ocean (in reality, it took the Carpathia roughly three days to travel from the site of the Titanic sinking to New York City). Do I smell a troll, or is this writer really this bad?

Quote :
The Carpathia still had a month until it docked
That rescue ship is really stalled! A rowboat could move faster!

Quote :
and I felt sick.
I'd feel sick, too, if my rescue ship sat idly in the middle of the ocean for two months.

Quote :
After I finished telling her my story she said "Damn girl you had enough experience to last you a life time."
Why does Rose's new BFF in 1912 talk like some wanna-be cool teenage twit in 2010?

Quote :
The doctor said "it's a pleasure to meet you I am Doctor Cullen.
So...Edward Cullen, in addition to being a speshul sparkly vampire, is also a doctor on the Carpathia, which is stalled in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. I think I know why it's stalled...

Quote :
(A/N I couldn't help it LOL!)
A word to the wise (and fanbrats, too): Author's notes do not go in the middle of a paragraph.

Quote :
He said "I think I'm pregnant."
ZOMG! MPREG Alert! Rose is a man!
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
TheIan
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheIan

Rose's Inharitance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rose's Inharitance   Rose's Inharitance EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 6:44 am

Lady Anne wrote:
Quote :
"What is your name Miss?" the guy with the big pad said
This could be taken any of three ways:

1.) The guy has a big apartment.
2.) The guy is offering her a big sanitary napkin.
3.) He has a lot of paper.
Four ways, actually. Your three you just mentioned and
4.) He's trying to compensate.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

Rose's Inharitance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rose's Inharitance   Rose's Inharitance EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 9:21 am

The title alone screams "FAIL!" in neon letters big enough to be seen from the top of Mount Everest.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

Rose's Inharitance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rose's Inharitance   Rose's Inharitance EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 12:09 pm

I got this reply to the impolite review I left, but instead of replying in a PM, the author replied in a review to one of my fics.

Quote :
My story is how I want its called fanfiction. If I want the ship 2 be 2months long I can. I am a horrible speller I know. I am tring to get a beta.Good story
Sigh. Yet another fanbrat who doesn't understand that fiction does not mean rape reality.
Back to top Go down
Trioculus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Trioculus

Rose's Inharitance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rose's Inharitance   Rose's Inharitance EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 7:17 pm

I admit, when I saw the title I was expecting a Doctor Who badfic instead of Titanic badfic; throwing Time Lords into this crap would probably only make it worse.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

Rose's Inharitance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rose's Inharitance   Rose's Inharitance EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 7:48 pm

Trioculus wrote:
I admit, when I saw the title I was expecting a Doctor Who badfic instead of Titanic badfic; throwing Time Lords into this crap would probably only make it worse.

Same here. Actually, I know I've read fanfics where The Doctor WAS on the Titanic, but I don't recall Ten and Rose being in any of them. Which, now that I think about it, surprises me, given that Ten and Rose have been inserted into pretty much every other popular movie and book fandom I can think of.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

Rose's Inharitance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rose's Inharitance   Rose's Inharitance EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 3:44 am

Rabid Badger wrote:
Trioculus wrote:

Same here. Actually, I know I've read fanfics where The Doctor WAS on the Titanic, but I don't recall Ten and Rose being in any of them. Which, now that I think about it, surprises me, given that Ten and Rose have been inserted into pretty much every other popular movie and book fandom I can think of.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Technically The Doctor was on the Titanic... Twice!

Once in persuit of El Ape, with Ace and Benny (Hell, my nerd-brethren even told me the episode name: The Left-Handed Hummingbird)

The second time was more recent, but on that occasion the Titanic was a spaceship and it had Kylie Minogue on it, but, hell, it was still the Titanic.

Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

Rose's Inharitance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rose's Inharitance   Rose's Inharitance EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 6:42 pm

Also, the author's fucked the timeline (of both Twilight AND the Titanic) all to hell. The Titanic made her maiden voyage in April of 1912. I seem to recall that Edward chose to allow Carlyle to turn him into a vampire because he was dying of the Spanish Influenza. The Influenza pandemic in the United States lasted from March of 1918 to June of 1920. Conventional vampire lore holds that, once you've been turned, you will remain at the age you were turned forever. I'd always assumed Edward was in his mid-late teens when Carlyle turned him.

So there's no way he could've been a ship's doctor on the Titanic, which sailed a good six years before the Spanish Influenza struck.

Now I realize you can't expect fantwits to get their timelines straight, and I know it's only fanfic, but for some reason, this continual business of placing people someplace they couldn't have possible been is really getting up my nose. Is it really that hard to do a little research? The information I gave above was achieved by spending roughly 15 minutes on Wikipedia.

And WD-40, I'd completely forgotten about the 7th Doctor being on the Titanic (this is what time and distance does to your memory). I didn't watch most of the episodes with 10 (beyond The Year That Never Was) and his travels with Donna), so I missed that one.
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

Rose's Inharitance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rose's Inharitance   Rose's Inharitance EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 9:26 pm

Quote :
If I get 5 reviews I will write the next chapter and I need polls to write it. I give up easy like if I don't get reviews I quit so if you like it I recommend reviewing I have opened it to guest reviews so you don't need to be a member to review. The more reviews I get the more I write.

Rose's Inharitance 724940
Back to top Go down
Alhazred
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Alhazred

Rose's Inharitance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rose's Inharitance   Rose's Inharitance EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 6:20 am

If ever there would be an easier boycott to stage...
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

Rose's Inharitance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rose's Inharitance   Rose's Inharitance EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 6:55 pm

EileenK98 wrote:
Quote :
If I get 5 reviews I will write the next chapter and I need polls to write it. I give up easy like if I don't get reviews I quit so if you like it I recommend reviewing I have opened it to guest reviews so you don't need to be a member to review. The more reviews I get the more I write.

Rose's Inharitance 724940

Boy, she really IS just asking for it, isn't she? Rose's Inharitance 453357
Back to top Go down
JizzMasterZero
Klingon Bastard
Klingon Bastard
JizzMasterZero

Rose's Inharitance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rose's Inharitance   Rose's Inharitance EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 10:17 am

Trioculus wrote:

I also was expecting a Twilight/Doctor Who crossover.
Thank science it wasn't.

But I'm sure they're out there.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

Rose's Inharitance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rose's Inharitance   Rose's Inharitance EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 10:19 am

Trioculus wrote:

The scary thing is, somebody's likely to try that in the near future. Shocked
Back to top Go down
your mom
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
your mom

Rose's Inharitance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rose's Inharitance   Rose's Inharitance EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 10:51 am

JizzMasterZero wrote:
Trioculus wrote:

I also was expecting a Twilight/Doctor Who crossover.
Thank science it wasn't.

But I'm sure they're out there.

They are. I read one once. Shit was BAAAAAAD.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

Rose's Inharitance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rose's Inharitance   Rose's Inharitance EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 7:04 pm

The fanbrat has now made an author's note chapter (which, by the way, is not permitted on FanFiction.net).

Quote :
This is my first authors note chapter. I have told it is funny, that it sucks, and that it is not going with the movie and history.

I want the Carpathia to be 2 months long I want them on the ship when the meet and if she is pregnant I want her to find out on the ship a month after Titanic and it gives me a month until the meet. I know that Carpathia only lasted 3 days and I know I don't spell very well I am currently looking for a beta.

As for Fabri being alive I'm not following the story of the crash Fabri is one of my fave characters so I wanted him in here. He will explain more In the next chapter.

My poll said Rose is going to be pregnant and I don't know how many yet there will be a poll for that soon. I still don't know when Jack and Rose are going to meet. That poll just got put on so go vote and in the next couple of days the next part of the story will be up.

~Kati3
Translation: Bawww! You don't like my ideas even though they don't make sense. You're mean! Also, what kind of an author uses a poll to decide what will happen next?
Back to top Go down
your mom
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
your mom

Rose's Inharitance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rose's Inharitance   Rose's Inharitance EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 8:51 pm

Lady Anne wrote:
Also, what kind of an author uses a poll to decide what will happen next?
I realize that this is a rhetorical question, but I believe the answer is: one who has a severe deficiency in originality. I do detect a subtle flavour of irony in there, with "it's my story and I'll do what I want", but "I need people to tell me what to do by means of a poll".
Back to top Go down
The Scientist
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
The Scientist

Rose's Inharitance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rose's Inharitance   Rose's Inharitance EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 7:27 am

JizzMasterZero (Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:17 pm) wrote:

Thank science

Somehow, this reminds me of South Park.
Back to top Go down
JizzMasterZero
Klingon Bastard
Klingon Bastard
JizzMasterZero

Rose's Inharitance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rose's Inharitance   Rose's Inharitance EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 7:56 am

The Scientist wrote:
JizzMasterZero (Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:17 pm) wrote:

Thank science

Somehow, this reminds me of South Park.

That's probably because its from South Park Rose's Inharitance 611762
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rose's Inharitance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rose's Inharitance   Rose's Inharitance Empty

Back to top Go down

Rose's Inharitance
Page 1 of 1