Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Birth or Not

Go down 
+8
TheHermit
Selenite
Cactus Wren
Lady Anne
Chris91
Mr.Doobie
Dixie
ZoZo
12 posters
AuthorMessage
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

Birth or Not Empty
PostSubject: Birth or Not   Birth or Not EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 6:48 am

Birth or not

This couple have decided to leave it up to the public to decide whether they get an abortion or not. Apparently.

Quote :
The abortion issue has been a controversial topic for decades that reaches to the core of every person in America. Often voters will even base their entire choice on this one topic alone, disregarding everything else the politician has to offer in the vain hope that their “chosen one” will be able to effect change on this issue.

We all like to think that our opinions matter, but so often there is no effective outlet for our beliefs to change lives. While most people have a definite opinion about abortion and take a stance as being either “Pro-Life” or “Pro-choice”, very few have an opportunity to do more than voice their concern to their elected representative. The concerns that we voice to those around us don’t seem to change the status-quo. Unless you are put into the position of having to make this decision in a setting that actually makes a difference, the debate does not affect anything.

Voting is such an integral part of the American identity. We vote on everything. We vote on things ranging from the best singer on American Idol to who the next leader of the free world will be. Wouldn’t it be nice to voice your opinion and have it actually make a difference in the real world? Why not vote on whether to continue or abort an actual pregnancy? Your vote can help a real couple to make a decision on this issue.

We would like to keep you informed on our pregnancy as if it was your own; posting our thoughts and feelings as we struggle to make this decision. We would like you to see what we see and feel what we feel. We invite you take this journey with us as we contemplate our own options and encourage you to utilize this site to vote and voice your opinion in a way that will have a real consequence… in a way that truly matters. Here, your vote will not go unheard.

Is it legit, or is it a product of trolls?

I'm inclined to think the latter, and anti-choice trolls at that. What could be more anti-choice than dictating what a woman does with her body like that?

There's a few more clues, too. Have a look here.

So yeah. Absolute bollocks. The very definition of an awful website.
Back to top Go down
Dixie
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Dixie

Birth or Not Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birth or Not   Birth or Not EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:14 am

This is so peculiar. I don't understand why a couple who have had trouble conceiving (if that is true) and have now conceived after miscarriages (if that is true) would be considering abortion anyway.

Today's update contained a couple of things that made me go 'huh?':
Quote :
I have been honestly surprised by how all of the local, national, and international media we have talked to so far has been shockingly “professional”.
Shockingly "professional"? Don't understand 'shockingly', or why "professional" is in quotes, unless they're trying to say that media representatives are not normally professional. Or perhaps they're being ironic? scratch Dunno.

The second thing was a rather entertaining typo:
Quote :
One thing is cretin; I am very much looking forward to my return home from my trip to hold Alisha and have a nice long talk about what we have experienced thus far.

Out of the mouths of babes, indeed...
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

Birth or Not Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birth or Not   Birth or Not EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:28 am

Quote :
This is so peculiar. I don't understand why a couple who have had trouble conceiving (if that is true) and have now conceived after miscarriages (if that is true) would be considering abortion anyway.

I dunno. Maybe because there is no fetus, and it's just a troll?
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

Birth or Not Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birth or Not   Birth or Not EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:53 am

Yeah, I'm definitely picking up a major whiff of troll here. Even in today's media-saturated society nobody would be crazy enough to actually let a bunch of total strangers on the Internet decide this kind of sensitive personal issue for them.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

Birth or Not Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birth or Not   Birth or Not EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 8:00 pm

Chris91 wrote:
Yeah, I'm definitely picking up a major whiff of troll here. Even in today's media-saturated society nobody would be crazy enough to actually let a bunch of total strangers on the Internet decide this kind of sensitive personal issue for them.
If it can be done, someone will do it. That said, yeah, I think this is a troll, too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

Birth or Not Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birth or Not   Birth or Not EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 9:00 am

Almost definitely an anti-choice troll stunt

He once edited a definition of pro-choice to this:
Quote :
The term "pro-choice" is used by men and women who support a woman's right to kill an unborn child.
The term means that a woman has the right to determine whether or not she will be pregnant by killing a baby that has already been conceived.
Also Refered to as Pro Abortion
Back to top Go down
Cactus Wren
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Cactus Wren

Birth or Not Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birth or Not   Birth or Not EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 9:25 pm

Pretty obviously she's going to carry to term and they'll publish a photo of the newborn with some caption such as, "Can you bileeve!!XX% of ppl thogut he shd be KILLED!!!!!!!!!!"
Back to top Go down
Selenite

Selenite

Birth or Not Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birth or Not   Birth or Not EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 12:02 pm

Check it out, the have an abortion option is currently ahead.
Back to top Go down
TheHermit
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
TheHermit

Birth or Not Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birth or Not   Birth or Not EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:44 pm

Selenite wrote:
Score one for 4chan.
Back to top Go down
Sheba
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sheba

Birth or Not Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birth or Not   Birth or Not EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 6:19 pm

TheHermit wrote:
Selenite wrote:
Score one for 4chan.

And SomethingAwful; supposedly goons have gotten in on it too.
Back to top Go down
Selenite

Selenite

Birth or Not Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birth or Not   Birth or Not EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 6:35 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Also, the abortion option is currently ahead by 70%.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

Birth or Not Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birth or Not   Birth or Not EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 5:45 pm

[url][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] a hoax.[/url] He admitted to it.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

Birth or Not Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birth or Not   Birth or Not EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 6:50 pm

So Pro-Lifers are so short on straw-men they've begun making their own?
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Aggie

Birth or Not Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birth or Not   Birth or Not EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 1:33 am

Not really surprising that Mrs. Arnold's employer fired her. Who wants to be associated with having an employee that would pull such a stunt?
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

Birth or Not Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birth or Not   Birth or Not EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 3:08 pm

Aggie wrote:
Not really surprising that Mrs. Arnold's employer fired her. Who wants to be associated with having an employee that would pull such a stunt?

Yeah, this blogger has a pretty good article about how the husband is the right-wing pro-lifer and he was the one pushing the vote option.

Here's what the wife has to say about the whole thing.

Funny how nobody cares about that.
Back to top Go down
Sheba
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sheba

Birth or Not Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birth or Not   Birth or Not EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 9:21 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
Aggie wrote:

Yeah, this blogger has a pretty good article about how the husband is the right-wing pro-lifer and he was the one pushing the vote option.

Here's what the wife has to say about the whole thing.

Funny how nobody cares about that.

Probably because it's pretty clear she never intended to abort anyway.

"Oh, it's name is Baby Wiggles! yeah, but we can totally abort it if the vote says so. (You heartless babykillers--look, an ultrasound showing how human-like it looks!)"
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

Birth or Not Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birth or Not   Birth or Not EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 3:57 am

Quote :
I clearly stated this to the reporter at CNN but my opinion was not included in the article that was published.
Well of course not. Who gives a shit what the actual pregnant woman thinks?

Quote :
Many people have talked about my husband’s conservative/libertarian leanings and have made much of his pro-life and conservative posts on other websites. But when it comes to abortion I am the one that wears the pants in the decision because in the end it would be me going through the procedure. Even though my husband’s opinion and beliefs matter to me, I, as the one carrying the baby have the final say about my body and our unborn child. My fears, anxiety and worries about this pregnancy have been completely discounted in favor of discussing my husband’s opinions about unrelated topics like cars and global warming. Abortion is a serious issue and my opinion and position shouldn’t be ignored.
I feel kind of sorry for her.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

Birth or Not Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birth or Not   Birth or Not EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 8:03 pm

ZoZo wrote:
Quote :
I clearly stated this to the reporter at CNN but my opinion was not included in the article that was published.
Well of course not. Who gives a shit what the actual pregnant woman thinks?

Quote :
Many people have talked about my husband’s conservative/libertarian leanings and have made much of his pro-life and conservative posts on other websites. But when it comes to abortion I am the one that wears the pants in the decision because in the end it would be me going through the procedure. Even though my husband’s opinion and beliefs matter to me, I, as the one carrying the baby have the final say about my body and our unborn child. My fears, anxiety and worries about this pregnancy have been completely discounted in favor of discussing my husband’s opinions about unrelated topics like cars and global warming. Abortion is a serious issue and my opinion and position shouldn’t be ignored.
I feel kind of sorry for her.

As do I. She's the one who's already had multiple miscarriages in an attempt to have a child. Those things aren't just difficult to deal with emotionally, they're hard on your body as well, and frequently a sign that something is wrong with one partner or the other, either physically or genetically. Since she doesn't say how far along she was when she miscarried the other times, I'm assuming it was too early for the doctors to determine what caused it.

And while her dipstick of a husband is totally anti-abortion, it's perfectly okay for his poor wife to have to undergo repeated miscarriages in an attempt to give him a child. You know what the medical community refers to miscarriages as? Spontaneous abortions (i.e. abortions that occur when the woman's body, for unknown reasons, expels the fetus before it's viable). The word 'miscarriage' is used because the word 'abortion' carries a negative connotation for a lot of people.

I wonder if Mr. "Abortion is not on the table" realizes that every time his wife loses a baby, she's technically HAD an abortion?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Birth or Not Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birth or Not   Birth or Not Empty

Back to top Go down

Birth or Not
Page 1 of 1