Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

TV That Bores You

Go down 
+17
cristina_chavia
ZoZo
Rabid Badger
Bad Luck Charm
Saleha
EileenK98
Mr.Doobie
Blooferlady
Mikey Go WOOGA
Miss Prince
Spotts1701
Calista
Just Chipper
KJM
Maximilia
Cyberwulf
TheIan
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TheIan
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheIan

TV That Bores You Empty
PostSubject: TV That Bores You   TV That Bores You EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 8:14 am

Normally we all watch TV for a variety of reasons: What crazy hijinks and shenanigans will the A-Team get into this week? Will Lance and Ilana return to Galiluna and retake their world from the Mutradi? Will Van Kleise stop being so damn mysterious and just explain everything to Rex?

Then there are the reasons we avoid TV. Shows that are boring. I'm not talking Public television documentary boring, but plain old bash-your-head-in-to-liven-up-everything-around-you boring. TV shows that bore you.

For me, it has to be NASCAR racing.

Mr. Doobie future post wrote:
TV That Bores You 199471 SONNUVABITCH!

Honestly, I can't sand watching it on TV. It's just not as entertaining. It's watching a bunch of skilled drivers drive around in circle attempting to cut each other to get to the lead. Hey, that'd be interesting to watch in the stands (I went to one, once. Pretty fun) but at home, not so much. And OK, the occasional crash or two is awesome and watching the driver crawl out from under the twisted burning wreckage is exciting, but how often has it happened since safety policies were updated?

I wouldn't mind seeing racing with some weapons mounted on the car itself. Gatling guns, a flamethrower, just to give drivers a better incentive to win by blowing away the opposition, maybe cause a few more crashes. I mean, if you're going to drive in circles, gun the bastard that just cut you off when you rounded that corner!
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

TV That Bores You Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV That Bores You   TV That Bores You EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 1:10 pm

TheIan wrote:
I wouldn't mind seeing racing with some weapons mounted on the car itself. Gatling guns, a flamethrower, just to give drivers a better incentive to win by blowing away the opposition, maybe cause a few more crashes. I mean, if you're going to drive in circles, gun the bastard that just cut you off when you rounded that corner!
Dry
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

TV That Bores You Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV That Bores You   TV That Bores You EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 4:17 pm

If it's boring, I don't watch it and think up ways to change it. I watch stuff I want to watch.
Back to top Go down
KJM
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

TV That Bores You Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV That Bores You   TV That Bores You EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 4:42 pm

This thread bores me. How can we change it?
Back to top Go down
http://kennethmrrw502.blogspot.com/
Just Chipper
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Just Chipper

TV That Bores You Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV That Bores You   TV That Bores You EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 6:29 pm

TheIan threads are the online equivalent of broadcast sign off screens.
Back to top Go down
Calista

Calista

TV That Bores You Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV That Bores You   TV That Bores You EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 7:20 pm

Most TV bores me. It's just so slow. You can get so much more relevant information into the words on a page, and for TV you have to sit there and stare at a screen instead of participating. Maybe it's my ADHD, but I've never particularly liked TV in general. The last TV show I watched was... hmm... I think maybe an episode of "Buffy" a few weeks ago (one of the few shows that actually holds my interest). I don't actually have a TV, so that was through Hulu.

Reality TV shows are the worst, though. I don't understand what in the world is attractive about a bunch of footage of people talking and interacting and doing artificial people-y things. There's just nothing interesting about it to me.
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

TV That Bores You Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV That Bores You   TV That Bores You EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 7:31 pm

Just Chipper wrote:

I thought they were the equivalent of static when the cable's out.
Back to top Go down
Just Chipper
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Just Chipper

TV That Bores You Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV That Bores You   TV That Bores You EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 8:11 pm

Spotts1701 wrote:
Just Chipper wrote:

Well I meant one of these I don't know what they're called thanks Spotts you ruined my poorly made joke. >:[
Back to top Go down
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

TV That Bores You Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV That Bores You   TV That Bores You EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 8:21 pm

Just Chipper wrote:
Spotts1701 wrote:
Just Chipper wrote:

Well I meant one of these I don't know what they're called thanks Spotts you ruined my poorly made joke. >:[

Both of these imply that eventually something worth watching will come back on.
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Spotts1701

TV That Bores You Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV That Bores You   TV That Bores You EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 8:22 pm

Just Chipper wrote:
I don't know what they're called thanks Spotts you ruined my poorly made joke. >:[

Oh, they're called "test patterns". And at least they're interesting in a somewhat hypnotic way (I guess in the days when all stations signed off for signal recalibration they used to end with "The Star-Spangled Banner" before going to test pattern).
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

TV That Bores You Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV That Bores You   TV That Bores You EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 9:36 pm

All of it.

Needs more swearing and violence. Colbert

4srs, hockey's the best because of ALL THE VIOLENCE, but it's never on TV unless it's the playoffs. D8 I don't get Versus so I can't even watch all of the playoffs.

They need to add some violence to golf.
Back to top Go down
Blooferlady
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Blooferlady

TV That Bores You Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV That Bores You   TV That Bores You EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 10:01 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

4srs, hockey's the best because of ALL THE VIOLENCE, but it's never on TV unless it's the playoffs. D8 I don't get Versus so I can't even watch all of the playoffs.
Hockey is best live anyway. Definitely my favorite sport live.

Are you admitting that Golf is boring TV? Because it is.
Back to top Go down
http://blooferblog.tumblr.com
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

TV That Bores You Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV That Bores You   TV That Bores You EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 10:15 am

Quote :

I bet 500 E-bucks that theIan is no more than 15 years old!
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

TV That Bores You Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV That Bores You   TV That Bores You EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 6:37 pm

Spotts1701 wrote:
Just Chipper wrote:
I don't know what they're called thanks Spotts you ruined my poorly made joke. >:[

Oh, they're called "test patterns". And at least they're interesting in a somewhat hypnotic way (I guess in the days when all stations signed off for signal recalibration they used to end with "The Star-Spangled Banner" before going to test pattern).

One of our local stations used to play music over their test patterns. When my sisters and I were young, we would get up at six in the morning to dance around to the music before Bozo came on. Good times, man, good times.

In this day and age, the only time anyone sees a test pattern is when something goes kerflooey.
Back to top Go down
Saleha
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Saleha

TV That Bores You Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV That Bores You   TV That Bores You EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 6:52 pm

TheIan wrote:
Then there are the reasons we avoid TV. Shows that are boring. I'm not talking Public television documentary boring[...]

... did you just call NOVA boring? Fie.

Nihilist wrote:
Ian's mom bores me.

I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE SHE BESTOWED HER FAVORS ON!!! Upset
... on the other hand, you're right, she is boring. Wanna have some fun together instead? Dongs
Back to top Go down
http://diva-urd.livejournal.com/
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

TV That Bores You Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV That Bores You   TV That Bores You EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 10:08 pm

Blooferlady wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

Hockey is best live anyway. Definitely my favorite sport live.

Are you admitting that Golf is boring TV? Because it is.

The only thing worse than golf on TV is golf live. Colbert Really, it's FAR too big of a playing field to be viewing it from one point on the ground. You can see an entire hockey rink, or basketball court, and most of a football field if you have decent seats. You can't see shit at a PGA tournament.

As for TV golf, I can kind of follow it if it's a big tournament. But I'm usually too busy PLAYING golf to stick around a TV and watch it for longer than it takes me to eat lunch.
Back to top Go down
Bad Luck Charm
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Bad Luck Charm

TV That Bores You Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV That Bores You   TV That Bores You EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 10:38 pm

The stuff I find boring on TV is Grey's Anatomy.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

TV That Bores You Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV That Bores You   TV That Bores You EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 11:04 pm

'Reality' Shows. Which bear about as much resemblance to reality as I do to Audrey Hepburn.

Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

TV That Bores You Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV That Bores You   TV That Bores You EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 6:08 pm

Nihilist wrote:
I dunno, between having no television and only the TOS movie boxed set to entertain me for a good long while, watching dumb vapid shit just for the hell of it while at the landromat is fun. It's not like I'm going to absorb the idiocy.

But it's election time, and the libel/slander/whathaveyou on the commercials is sort of annoying. I'd rather see commercials about housewives cleaning.

It'd be even worse if you lived around here, because the default setting for almost every business in town that has a TV is Faux News.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

TV That Bores You Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV That Bores You   TV That Bores You EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 4:30 am

Golf is a lot more watchable if you make up a storyline for it. I once passed a merry day watching some golf tournament, making up stories about how their lives intersected in a devastating tale of love and betrayal.

I did that with darts, too.

Nothing is too boring for me.
Back to top Go down
cristina_chavia
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
cristina_chavia

TV That Bores You Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV That Bores You   TV That Bores You EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 5:11 am

Oh, darts. One of my ex housemates used to be obsessed. Strangley, they seemed to realise it was dull so at any break in proceedings all the audience would dance to Chelsea Dagger and hold up random things they had written on the blank signs they were given.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

TV That Bores You Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV That Bores You   TV That Bores You EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 6:31 pm

The new Torchwood. I told myself I was going to give it a fair trial, and I've watched the first two episodes, and while the premise is intriguing, it's mostly a case of 'Meh.' John Barrowman seems to be phoning his performance in. I do feel for poor Eve Myles, who I think was told to do an American accent and is failing miserably.

Mostly, I'm wondering why RTD insisted on still calling it Torchwood, since it's more akin to the X-Files now (another show that bored me). Yes, we know big pharmacy is evil, Robert. We know the world is a cruel rotten place. I'd hoped you'd gotten it all out of your system with COE, but apparently not.

Seriously doubt I'll be watching episode three.
Back to top Go down
William Shakespeare
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
William Shakespeare

TV That Bores You Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV That Bores You   TV That Bores You EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 7:11 am

The Old Torchwood. I watched the pilot and the episode with the alien that lived off of "Orgasmic Energy" and quit. Later, I saw part of the one with the traitor from the pilot brought back by the "Risen Mitten"
I guess part of it is that Jack Harkness is about obnoxious and part of it is that they've apparently tried their hardest to be "sexy" (Case in point, an alien that needs to fuck to live)
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

TV That Bores You Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV That Bores You   TV That Bores You EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 6:27 pm

William Shakespeare wrote:
The Old Torchwood. I watched the pilot and the episode with the alien that lived off of "Orgasmic Energy" and quit. Later, I saw part of the one with the traitor from the pilot brought back by the "Risen Mitten"
I guess part of it is that Jack Harkness is about obnoxious and part of it is that they've apparently tried their hardest to be "sexy" (Case in point, an alien that needs to fuck to live)

That's part of why I liked the original series so much-they didn't take themselves seriously, and it had a certain charm to it, like a really bad movie that knows it's bad. Plus, the cast had interesting chemistry.

As for the alien who has to have sex to survive; I can think of at least four major movies made in the last 20 years that used that exact premise. It's a standard sci-fi trope. I'm surprised Dr. Who hasn't used it yet.
Back to top Go down
Trioculus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Trioculus

TV That Bores You Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV That Bores You   TV That Bores You EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 10:11 am

Rabid Badger wrote:
As for the alien who has to have sex to survive; I can think of at least four major movies made in the last 20 years that used that exact premise. It's a standard sci-fi trope. I'm surprised Dr. Who hasn't used it yet.

Some of the fangirls sure seem to think it's already that way. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TV That Bores You Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV That Bores You   TV That Bores You Empty

Back to top Go down

TV That Bores You
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Why God, Why? :: The Sporking Table :: GodAwful Bullshit-
Jump to: