Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Oh God, this is fucking awful

Go down 
+17
Jesus.
gaijinguy
TheHermit
TheHedonist
Penguin
Alhazred
Loaf
XLT-100852.0
Cyberwulf
Psy-4
Goat
Spotts1701
Malganis
KelinciHutan
Miss Prince
Mr.Doobie
ZoZo
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

Oh God, this is fucking awful - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh God, this is fucking awful   Oh God, this is fucking awful - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 11:10 am

Spotts1701 wrote:
ZoZo wrote:
Mr.Doobie wrote:
Quote :
Spotts: how about a definition of rape that involves any form of contact with a person's genitals without that person's explicit, prior consent. I'm drawing a blank at any situations where this would not be possible.

Herein lies the problem, though. What if something goes horribly wrong? What if something happens that is threatening the life of the mother, the life of the baby, or the life of both, and the mother is too wracked with pain (or unconcious) to give any coherent answer. What should the doctor do than?

Making a blanket law sounds great, but it could open up so many legal gray areas.
True, true. But this systematic, institutionalised violation needs to stop.

Then may I propose that rather than legal remedy, we seek equitable remedy?

As you cannot create a statute sufficiently specific without running afoul of Constitutional construction, perhaps the solution would be to pursue the matter as a tort or malpractice action? Lower standard of proof, easier to bring forth evidence and witnesses, and more likely to hit a medical school where it hurts (in the pocketbook).
Sounds feasible reasonable. I'd make a bad lawyer, I just get too fucking angry about this sort of shit.

Hermit, love, you missed a post again:
Psy-4 wrote:

Let's uh... let's keep our cool here. There's an existing issue of violation of doctor-patient trust and negligence of informed consent, does this thread really have to go barreling down the rape/circumcision wank road within a single page?
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Oh God, this is fucking awful   Oh God, this is fucking awful - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 11:49 am

Hermit, I know you're desperate to be one of the cool kids, but maybe if you didn't shit yourself with excitement every time I make a post, you might spend less time looking like a moron.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Oh God, this is fucking awful   Oh God, this is fucking awful - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 6:10 pm

Another account from another medical student

Quote :
There is a certain male attending in the ob/gyn department who is anti-choice, anti-birth conrtrol and he also refuses to provide Plan B even to rape victims. He is the one who seems to have no problem forcing students to give pelvic exams to anesthetized women. One of my best friends went through the program and told me this doctor waited until the patient was knocked out, then told him to do it. He said it felt creepy and he didn’t want to do it. He and this doctor stared at each other for a few seconds, then the doctor said a few things to him that made him feel he had no choice so he did it. He also said it was a completely useless learning experience and that he feels the practice is sexual assault as well.
Back to top Go down
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

PostSubject: Re: Oh God, this is fucking awful   Oh God, this is fucking awful - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 7:54 pm

ZoZo wrote:
Another account from another medical student

Quote :
There is a certain male attending in the ob/gyn department who is anti-choice, anti-birth conrtrol and he also refuses to provide Plan B even to rape victims. He is the one who seems to have no problem forcing students to give pelvic exams to anesthetized women. One of my best friends went through the program and told me this doctor waited until the patient was knocked out, then told him to do it. He said it felt creepy and he didn’t want to do it. He and this doctor stared at each other for a few seconds, then the doctor said a few things to him that made him feel he had no choice so he did it. He also said it was a completely useless learning experience and that he feels the practice is sexual assault as well.

Y helo thar, fallacy of misleading vividness. I thought we'd be able to go a week without you dropping by, but apparently not.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Oh God, this is fucking awful   Oh God, this is fucking awful - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 3:02 am

Gaij, darling, how would you suggest that an internal review process happened when nobody seems willing to speak out against the practice?

Because I'd sure as shit like more than scrappy first-hand accounts, but nobody's willing to speak publicly. I wonder why.
Back to top Go down
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

PostSubject: Re: Oh God, this is fucking awful   Oh God, this is fucking awful - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 12:29 am

ZoZo wrote:
birth rape.

My face:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My internal reaction:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Oh God, this is fucking awful   Oh God, this is fucking awful - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 6:19 am

ZoZo wrote:
birth rape.

Honestly makes you wonder why some people go into these jobs.
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: Oh God, this is fucking awful   Oh God, this is fucking awful - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 9:33 am

ZoZo, you have now given me MORE nightmares about giving birth and having all sorts of horrible things happen. I hope that you're happy.

As the child of a nurse this thread doesn't really suprise me. Almost all doctors are assholes whom think that they're God.
Back to top Go down
KGarrett
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
KGarrett

PostSubject: Re: Oh God, this is fucking awful   Oh God, this is fucking awful - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 12:10 pm

"The question is, 'Do I have a 'God Complex?' Which makes me wonder if this lawyer has any idea as to the kind of grades one has to receive in college to be accepted at a top medical school. Or if you have the vaguest clue as to how talented someone has to be to lead a surgical team. I have an M.D. from Harvard. I am board certified in cardiothoracic medicine and trauma surgery. I have been awarded citations from seven different medical boards in New England; and I am never, ever sick at sea. So I ask you, when someone goes into that chapel and they fall on their knees and they pray to God that their wife doesn't miscarry, or that their daughter doesn't bleed to death, or that their mother doesn't suffer acute neural trauma from postoperative shock, who do you think they're praying to? Now, you go ahead and read your Bible, Dennis, and you go to your church and with any luck you might win the annual raffle. But if you're looking for God, he was in operating room number two on November 17th, and he doesn't like to be second guessed. You ask me if I have a God complex? Let me tell you something: I AM GOD. And this side show is over."
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Oh God, this is fucking awful   Oh God, this is fucking awful - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 6:10 pm

KGarrett wrote:
"The question is, 'Do I have a 'God Complex?' Which makes me wonder if this lawyer has any idea as to the kind of grades one has to receive in college to be accepted at a top medical school. Or if you have the vaguest clue as to how talented someone has to be to lead a surgical team. I have an M.D. from Harvard. I am board certified in cardiothoracic medicine and trauma surgery. I have been awarded citations from seven different medical boards in New England; and I am never, ever sick at sea. So I ask you, when someone goes into that chapel and they fall on their knees and they pray to God that their wife doesn't miscarry, or that their daughter doesn't bleed to death, or that their mother doesn't suffer acute neural trauma from postoperative shock, who do you think they're praying to? Now, you go ahead and read your Bible, Dennis, and you go to your church and with any luck you might win the annual raffle. But if you're looking for God, he was in operating room number two on November 17th, and he doesn't like to be second guessed. You ask me if I have a God complex? Let me tell you something: I AM GOD. And this side show is over."

Is that a quote?

Regardless of whether it is a quote or not, what exactly are you trying to prove? Is it just a relevant quote? Are you trying to hint us in to why doctors may have a god complex? Or are you excusing behavior such as this by saying "well, they have to be so smart and they do so much to us, who cares if they rape people?"
Back to top Go down
Drabbler
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Drabbler

PostSubject: Re: Oh God, this is fucking awful   Oh God, this is fucking awful - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 6:58 pm

It is a quote, from the movie Malice. Wanna take a guess at the writer? Go on, have a guess. Well, fine then, it's Aaron Sorkin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh God, this is fucking awful   Oh God, this is fucking awful - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Oh God, this is fucking awful
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3