Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Has anyone heard of PubIt! yet?

Go down 
+21
kleine_kat
Ghost in the Machine
Yenflarg
Soylent Green
angelly
Sutremaine
myeerah
Dr. Professor Science
Penguin
gaijinguy
KGarrett
WD40
Braigwen
The Unoriginal
The Scientist
Tungsten Monk
Reepicheep-chan
Miss Prince
Rabid Badger
kuroineko
Maximilia
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
NichoMas
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
NichoMas

Has anyone heard of PubIt! yet? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Has anyone heard of PubIt! yet?   Has anyone heard of PubIt! yet? - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 10:23 am

WD40 wrote:
NichoMas wrote:
WD40 wrote:
NichoMas wrote:
Has anyone noticed on Amazon that all the reviews on the Ami Blackwelder books are all reviews she's written herself? She's made new accounts just to review herself and only her books.
Do you have proof of this?

I know a lot of those reviews look as though they are written by the same person, (and that person writs those reviews very similarly to how Ami writes her own summaries) but I couldn't be sure...

To be honest though, I really, really would not be surprised by this.

Max, please, please, please do an Ami Blackwelder book! plaseohpleaseohplease!

It looks like since I last checked people have reviewed.

But on her Rain "Novella", there's a review by someone called AvidReader if you look at what else they've reviewed they've reviewed Love in Munich and The Hunted of 2060, both of which by Ami Blackwelder. In the Hunted review the review is " check out the cool trailer I found for this great book I bought! ".
I remember there being more of these, and them being completely suspicious. Or I might be wrong. I have little doubt that it isn't her.

Agreed... Infact on one of her book reviews (Can't remember which one) there was a 'Video Review'... Which was her own WMM montage 'introduction/summary' video for the same book.

She either thinks her audience is too stupid to investigate or she just doesn't care.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Professor Science
Ghoti
Ghoti
Dr. Professor Science

Location : One of the guys with the giant papier-mâché dongs in Lysistrata

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone heard of PubIt! yet?   Has anyone heard of PubIt! yet? - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 12:01 pm

NichoMas wrote:
WD40 wrote:
NichoMas wrote:
WD40 wrote:
NichoMas wrote:
Has anyone noticed on Amazon that all the reviews on the Ami Blackwelder books are all reviews she's written herself? She's made new accounts just to review herself and only her books.
Do you have proof of this?

I know a lot of those reviews look as though they are written by the same person, (and that person writs those reviews very similarly to how Ami writes her own summaries) but I couldn't be sure...

To be honest though, I really, really would not be surprised by this.

Max, please, please, please do an Ami Blackwelder book! plaseohpleaseohplease!

It looks like since I last checked people have reviewed.

But on her Rain "Novella", there's a review by someone called AvidReader if you look at what else they've reviewed they've reviewed Love in Munich and The Hunted of 2060, both of which by Ami Blackwelder. In the Hunted review the review is " check out the cool trailer I found for this great book I bought! ".
I remember there being more of these, and them being completely suspicious. Or I might be wrong. I have little doubt that it isn't her.

Agreed... Infact on one of her book reviews (Can't remember which one) there was a 'Video Review'... Which was her own WMM montage 'introduction/summary' video for the same book.

She either thinks her audience is too stupid to investigate or she just doesn't care.
Never forget the possibility that she's just a fucking moron.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone heard of PubIt! yet?   Has anyone heard of PubIt! yet? - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 12:15 pm

NichoMas wrote:
she thinks she has an audience.

FTFY

Dr. Professor Science wrote:
Never forget the possibility that she's just a fucking moron.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone heard of PubIt! yet?   Has anyone heard of PubIt! yet? - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 1:52 pm

I was thinking of doing the graphic novel "RAIN" first, hee. But it looks like any of her books might be pretty lulzy. Also... yeah, you can order hardcopy of the graphic novel. Really. WOW.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone heard of PubIt! yet?   Has anyone heard of PubIt! yet? - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 3:15 pm

^ Like, with a hard cover?

Dang, I need to self-publish a shitty comic now.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone heard of PubIt! yet?   Has anyone heard of PubIt! yet? - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 4:30 pm

Ah, "paperback". By hardcopy I meant something in paper, sorry for the confusion. But STILL... who would even print...? Does she print it out from her printer or...?
Back to top Go down
Dr. Professor Science
Ghoti
Ghoti
Dr. Professor Science

Location : One of the guys with the giant papier-mâché dongs in Lysistrata

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone heard of PubIt! yet?   Has anyone heard of PubIt! yet? - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 5:48 pm

How much is it? It'd make a great joke gift, especially if you can deadpan properly.

"No, really, it's a classic. Alan Moore cites it as his inspiration for Watchmen."
Back to top Go down
myeerah
Contributor
Contributor
myeerah

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone heard of PubIt! yet?   Has anyone heard of PubIt! yet? - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 6:45 pm

Dr. Professor Science wrote:
How much is it? It'd make a great joke gift, especially if you can deadpan properly.

"No, really, it's a classic. Alan Moore cites it as his inspiration for Watchmen."

You are an evil inspiration. Marry me?
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone heard of PubIt! yet?   Has anyone heard of PubIt! yet? - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 9:03 pm

Maximilia wrote:
Ah, "paperback". By hardcopy I meant something in paper, sorry for the confusion.
Oh ok. I probably should have known that.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone heard of PubIt! yet?   Has anyone heard of PubIt! yet? - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 12:13 am

Yes, I did get your PM. Smile

"Rain" in print costs 9.99. It would be hysterical buying someone one of those. Doc, you are an evil genius.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone heard of PubIt! yet?   Has anyone heard of PubIt! yet? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Has anyone heard of PubIt! yet?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3