Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"Let Me In"

Go down 
+4
rae
Raine
myeerah
InkWeaver
8 posters
AuthorMessage
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

"Let Me In" Empty
PostSubject: "Let Me In"   "Let Me In" EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 11:34 am

So... saw this trailer on rottentomatoes today, wondered what it was, took a look.

This looks like they've remade the original Let the Right One In into some cheap horror crap. However, maybe it's just the way they've constructed the trailer? Thoughts, anyone?
Back to top Go down
myeerah
Contributor
Contributor
myeerah

"Let Me In" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Let Me In"   "Let Me In" EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 2:00 pm

I thought the movie wasn't a patch on the book, so if they're just watering it down even more, it'll suck sweaty donkey dick.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

"Let Me In" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Let Me In"   "Let Me In" EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 2:59 pm

This is as devastating as when I found out one of the Twilight directors was also the director for 30 Days of Night. "Let Me In" 309696
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

"Let Me In" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Let Me In"   "Let Me In" EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 6:04 pm

I have some small hope. The original movie did have some problems and it might be corrected. However, I lurrrved the original, so that hope is VERY small. Haven't read the book.
Back to top Go down
kleine_kat
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
kleine_kat

"Let Me In" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Let Me In"   "Let Me In" EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 4:54 am

Somehow, what bothers me most is that they changed the title. What's wrong with 'Let the right one in'? Is it too long? Can't be the problem if crap like 'Mister Magorium's Wonder Emporium' is deemed ok.

And this girl looks pretty overly girly to me. Since she's supposed to have been a castrated boy, and all. I don't know, I liked the slow, Swedish movie, and I'm sure they've remade it into either a horribly slow and boring hollywood movie, or into a cheap horror flick.

But who knows, it might be watchable.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

"Let Me In" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Let Me In"   "Let Me In" EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 5:19 am

Because "subtelty" is a word foreign to Hollywood horror movies nowadays, I almost guarentee you that this movie is going to be incredibly schlocky and not very scary.

In my opinion, the slasher flick is one of the worst things to happen to the horror genre.

In other news: Oh my god, that Yogi Bear movie looks like a bloody fucking abortion of a movie. And it's in 3-D!!!!!!

EDIT: I just looked up the movie. According to Wikipedia, the title was changed because the original title was just too fucking long, oh my god just look at how fucking long the original title is, it's gargantuan. The names of both the children have been changed to make the movie "more American."*

Translation: The foreign language version of this movie is foreign and too good. We need to make a dumbed down version without all the scary foreigners so that our target fan base (read: the fratboys that actually enjoyed Saw and its sequels, the only target audience for mainstream horror today) can digest it in it's now liquified, easy-to-swallow form. Like a mother bird feeding her young.

TL;DR?: This movie is going to be shit on rollerskates.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Exodia's Right Leg
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Exodia's Right Leg

"Let Me In" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Let Me In"   "Let Me In" EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 8:51 pm

Mr.Doobie wrote:

In my opinion, the slasher flick is one of the worst things to happen to the horror genre.
It's funny because the trendsetters weren't quite as brainless as their followers. Much like Watchmen gave rise to a billion crappy violent comics, they just didn't quite get the point.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

"Let Me In" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Let Me In"   "Let Me In" EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 9:24 pm

MY RAEG HAS RESURFACED.
I actually really liked the slow, Swedish movie. It was cute, in a creepy sort of way.

Thanks, Exodia. >8[
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

"Let Me In" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Let Me In"   "Let Me In" Empty

Back to top Go down

"Let Me In"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Why God, Why? :: The Sporking Table :: GodAwful Bullshit-
Jump to: