Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son

Go down 
+9
grmblfjx
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Princess
Verandering
Rabid Badger
Spotts1701
Trioculus
Drabbler
Chris91
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son Empty
PostSubject: Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son   Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son EmptyFri May 21, 2010 8:34 am

Below is a snippet of Congressman Paul's latest outbreak of Category 5 fail. You can find the full monty here courtesy of cqpolitics.com.

Quote :

Rep. Ron Paul said Thursday the criticism of his son Rand Paul’s comments regarding the 1964 Civil Rights Act is “unfair” and dismissed the fracas as an attempt by the left to hurt his son’s Senate campaign.

“I think it’s contrived because he’s done so well and the left has to knock him down,” the Texas Republican said.

Rand Paul, the GOP nominee in the Kentucky Senate race, ignited a political firestorm this week by suggesting he disagrees with the landmark civil rights law’s prohibition on segregation at privately owned facilities open to the public.

“It’s not fair,” Ron Paul said, adding that as a parent it was hard to see his son pilloried on the national stage and to see his libertarian views characterized as racist.

“Politics can sometime be nasty and I think there is a lot of resentment because he all of a sudden became a star,” he said.
Back to top Go down
Drabbler
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Drabbler

PostSubject: Re: Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son   Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son EmptyFri May 21, 2010 12:48 pm

Except that, if he's making it a parallel to the above, he seems to be supporting the owners' right to refuse guns on the premises. "If it's his place, shouldn't he be allowed to refuse service (to those with guns or to those of whatever race)? Why should the government be telling him he can't say no?" The flaw, of course, is that restaurants are already subject to all sorts of laws that only the most radical of libertarians would ever want to see repealed, laws that apply to all businesses and those specific to restaurants (like, say, health codes). Nobody's gonna be pushing for "If it's his restaurant, shouldn't he be free to let the rats run around the kitchen?" So at this point it's just where the line is, and that line's way past requiring that they serve customers regardless of race.
Back to top Go down
Trioculus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Trioculus

PostSubject: Re: Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son   Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son EmptyFri May 21, 2010 4:38 pm

Dear Congressman Paul:

If you want your son to not be criticized for saying stupid shit, get him to stop saying stupid shit.

Thanks and have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son   Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son EmptyFri May 21, 2010 7:41 pm

In the last 48 hours, Rand Paul has:

- Made the argument that while institutional racism is bad, m'kay, private businesses should be able to discriminate because otherwise you are violating that business owner's First Amendment Rights.

- Claimed that he would not support a repeal of the Civil Rights Act (which isn't anywhere close to the issue).

- Griped that he wasn't given a "honeymoon" as a winning candidate and that the liberal media is blowing it all out of proportion.

- Defended BP over the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, saying that the President was being un-American by criticizing BP and that it's not their fault because "sometimes accidents happen".

- Reasserted his position that the Americans with Disabilities Act should be repealed because the requirements under it harm small businesses and that "common-sense" free market solutions will protect those with disabilities.

- Became just the 3rd person (and 1st politician) to cancel an appearance on "Meet The Press" in its 62-year history, with his spokesman claiming that Paul is "exhausted" and that there would be "[n]o more national interviews on the topic."

Calling this a trainwreck would be an insult to trainwrecks.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son   Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son EmptyFri May 21, 2010 8:53 pm

Well, that apple didn't fall far from the tree.

Also, I think there are some people out there who simply can't get a handle on the fact that the current president is a black man. It goes against everything they were ever taught growing up, and they just can't wrap their tiny brains around the fact that the majority of the American people voted a black man into the White House.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son   Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son EmptySat May 22, 2010 10:17 am

Rand Paul has taken his father's brand of crazy and quadrupled it. He's practically Lyndon LaRouche 2.0.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son   Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son EmptySat May 22, 2010 10:27 am

Oh come on, don't flubb about the past discriminations you could have had, and focus on the ones you can take part in now! There's plenty to be had, and it's not even hard to find. There's still plenty of segregation to embrace and fill yourself with pride in. Discrimination, too!
Back to top Go down
Princess
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Princess

PostSubject: Re: Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son   Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son EmptySat May 22, 2010 11:13 am

Verandering wrote:
There's still plenty of segregation to embrace and fill yourself with pride in. Discrimination, too!

YES, WE CAN!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
and you have earned the new puppy
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son   Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son EmptySat May 22, 2010 12:39 pm

If you're going to be a politician, of course everybody's going to tear your words apart to destroy you.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son   Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son EmptySat May 22, 2010 12:46 pm

Spotts1701 wrote:
the President was being un-American by criticizing BP

It's un-American to criticize British Petroleum?
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son   Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son EmptySat May 22, 2010 4:33 pm

Just the question I was going to ask.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son   Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son EmptySat May 22, 2010 4:38 pm

Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son what? It just trails off.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son   Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son EmptySat May 22, 2010 4:47 pm

Especially considering the mess BP is making with their oil spill.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son   Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son EmptySat May 22, 2010 5:54 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:

He said it was unwarranted and the press was picking on him unfairly (as I said, the apple didn't fall far from the tree). Rand made the remark that refusal to serve black person should be up to whoever owns the establishment. Then someone asked him if that meant he disagreed with the sit-ins at Woolworth's lunch counters that occurred during the civil rights movement, and he couldn't come up with any sort of answer that didn't make him sound like a racist asshole.
Back to top Go down
thebonerules

thebonerules

PostSubject: Re: Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son   Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son EmptySat May 22, 2010 6:20 pm

Note: Most businesses were segregated because it was the law. They had to be segregated, or else. Those laws are known as Jim Crow laws, and they were a form of institutionalized racism. Paul opposes this. On the other hand, I don't see how any of this is in any way relevant to any sort of modern political discourse.

(As an aside: a business has the right to refuse service to any person at the owner's discretion. In theory, a racist could kick out any non-white person [or vice-versa]. It isn't "illegal" until he says why he's doing it. How much sense does that make?)
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son   Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son EmptySat May 22, 2010 6:47 pm

thebonerules wrote:
Note: Most businesses were segregated because it was the law. They had to be segregated, or else. Those laws are known as Jim Crow laws, and they were a form of institutionalized racism. Paul opposes this. On the other hand, I don't see how any of this is in any way relevant to any sort of modern political discourse.

It's simple - it's relevant because Paul himself made it relevant. He discussed his feelings on the Civil Rights Act during an interview with the Louisville Courier-Journal a month ago (the Courier-Journal asked the question because in 2002 Paul had written a letter to the Bowling Green Daily News saying that a free society must tolerate discrimination by private businesses).
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son   Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son EmptySun May 23, 2010 11:20 am

Cyberwulf wrote:

The full title was supposed to be "Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son Is 'Contrived' and 'Unfair'". For some reason the second half of the thread title got clipped off.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son   Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son EmptySun May 23, 2010 11:59 am

Make shorter titles, damn it.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son   Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son EmptySun May 23, 2010 1:01 pm

Chris91 wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:

The full title was supposed to be "Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son Is 'Contrived' and 'Unfair'". For some reason the second half of the thread title got clipped off.
In other words, "Bawww...they're picking on my pwecious little boy, who just wants everyone to worship him for being Edgy!Conservative!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Princess
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Princess

PostSubject: Re: Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son   Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son EmptySun May 23, 2010 1:12 pm

Lady Anne wrote:
Chris91 wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:

In other words, "Bawww...they're picking on my pwecious little boy, who just wants everyone to worship him for being Edgy!Conservative!"

Wasn't Ron Paul the Libertarian poster-boy? scratch
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son   Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son EmptySun May 23, 2010 1:30 pm

Princess wrote:
Lady Anne wrote:
Chris91 wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:

Wasn't Ron Paul the Libertarian poster-boy? scratch
Yep.

Actually, some people still adore Ron Paul...I was driving back to southern California from Las Vegas week before last when I saw a billboard advertising Ron Paul in eastern San Bernardino County. Granted, the billboard was weathered and falling down, but when I stopped at a convenience store a few miles further down the road, there was a big sign in front of the store talking about Ron Paul and a love revolution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son   Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son EmptyTue May 25, 2010 11:52 am

Ron Paul wouldn't know love if it walked up and bit him.
Back to top Go down
Cactus Wren
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Cactus Wren

PostSubject: Re: Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son   Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son EmptyWed May 26, 2010 11:42 pm

Drabbler wrote:
Except that, if he's making it a parallel to the above, he seems to be supporting the owners' right to refuse guns on the premises. "If it's his place, shouldn't he be allowed to refuse service (to those with guns or to those of whatever race)? Why should the government be telling him he can't say no?" The flaw, of course, is that restaurants are already subject to all sorts of laws that only the most radical of libertarians would ever want to see repealed, laws that apply to all businesses and those specific to restaurants (like, say, health codes). Nobody's gonna be pushing for "If it's his restaurant, shouldn't he be free to let the rats run around the kitchen?" So at this point it's just where the line is, and that line's way past requiring that they serve customers regardless of race.
Also it's even more an invalid parallel, because I can't bar you from my restaurant for what you are, only for what you do. I can't bar you from my restaurant for "being a gun owner" -- I can't even know whether you own a gun or not. I can, however, bar you from my restaurant while you're carrying a gun -- basically barring you for your act, not your status. So if you want to come into Wren's Gunfree Burger Bar, you'll have to put your gun aside or check it at the door.

But if a person of color wants to come into Johnny Whitebread's Cream Of Mayonnaise On Wonder Bread Whites Only Restaurant, he can't put his color aside or check it at the door.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son   Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son Empty

Back to top Go down

Ron Paul Says Criticism Of His Son
Page 1 of 1