Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

This won't end well...

Go down 
+31
Bamshalam
SirDixonDongs
Cyberwulf
InkWeaver
Goat
Mikey Go WOOGA
KelinciHutan
Maximilia
Trioculus
Tungsten Monk
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
TheHermit
Freezer
gaijinguy
Drabbler
Verandering
Spotts1701
grmblfjx
Penguin
Adagio
lemmingwriter
Lapin
Electron Blue
Ezri Dax
ZoZo
Dr. Professor Science
Chaltab
Raine
Lembech
Somath Cegem
Princess
35 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Princess
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Princess

This won't end well... Empty
PostSubject: This won't end well...   This won't end well... EmptyFri May 07, 2010 12:45 pm

Two blocks away from the World Trade Center site

Before you go off half-cocked, I'm not saying all muslims are terrorists.
I am only saying that building a mosque less than a mile from a site that has given us more reason to hate muslims than any other acre of real-estate in the country is a monumentally stupid (Perhaps suicidal) idea.

What say you?
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: This won't end well...   This won't end well... EmptyFri May 07, 2010 1:42 pm

It really shouldn't be, but a better way to paint a target on your back I know not.
Back to top Go down
Lembech
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lembech

PostSubject: Re: This won't end well...   This won't end well... EmptyFri May 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Wow.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say this one hell of a case of IRL trolling. Please tell me they aren't doing this on purpose.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: This won't end well...   This won't end well... EmptyFri May 07, 2010 3:36 pm

I agree with the title, I don't see this being very successful.
Back to top Go down
Chaltab
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Chaltab

PostSubject: Re: This won't end well...   This won't end well... EmptyFri May 07, 2010 4:38 pm

Hrm. I understand why this could be seen as IRL trolling, but honestly Muslims have a right to build a Mosque wherever they want to.

I know there's no comparable act of Christian terrorism, but if some Fred Phelps acolyte blew up a building, would we ban Christian churches from being built in that neighborhood?
Back to top Go down
Dr. Professor Science
Ghoti
Ghoti
Dr. Professor Science

Location : One of the guys with the giant papier-mâché dongs in Lysistrata

PostSubject: Re: This won't end well...   This won't end well... EmptyFri May 07, 2010 5:25 pm

Chaltab wrote:
Hrm. I understand why this could be seen as IRL trolling, but honestly Muslims have a right to build a Mosque wherever they want to.

I know there's no comparable act of Christian terrorism, but if some Fred Phelps acolyte blew up a building, would we ban Christian churches from being built in that neighborhood?
Nobody's asking them to ban them, they're questioning the rationale of choosing that location to build a Mosque in the first place. It's just a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: This won't end well...   This won't end well... EmptyFri May 07, 2010 5:28 pm

Dr. Professor Science wrote:
Chaltab wrote:

Nobody's asking them to ban them, they're questioning the rationale of choosing that location to build a Mosque in the first place. It's just a bad idea.
Why? It's fairly central, and there's nothing there. Why the hell not?
Back to top Go down
Dr. Professor Science
Ghoti
Ghoti
Dr. Professor Science

PostSubject: Re: This won't end well...   This won't end well... EmptyFri May 07, 2010 5:32 pm

ZoZo wrote:
Dr. Professor Science wrote:
Chaltab wrote:

Why? It's fairly central, and there's nothing there. Why the hell not?
Because some people irrationally blame the Muslims as a whole for 9/11 and it's honestly best for any Mosque to try and distance themselves from anything that might make those people target them specifically. I can see anti-Muslim groups going after this Mosque more often than a they would Mosque anywhere else.
Back to top Go down
Ezri Dax
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Ezri Dax

PostSubject: Re: This won't end well...   This won't end well... EmptyMon May 10, 2010 7:13 pm

No surprise here. The Muslims are doing it to rub the Americans nose in it, to taunt the families that lost somebody on 9/11. Why else would they do it when there are plenty of other places they could build a mosque? Anything that causes unease and pain to 'infidels' is Islamically acceptable, even encouraged. I suggest to ANYONE who wants to learn what goes on inside Mosques, go to YouTube and look for 'DISPACHES: UNDERCOVER MOSQUE'. Prepare to feel disgusted.

Seriously, I hope people pour pig fat over the entrance.
Back to top Go down
Electron Blue
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Electron Blue

PostSubject: Re: This won't end well...   This won't end well... EmptyMon May 10, 2010 7:26 pm

Ezri Dax wrote:
No surprise here. The Muslims are doing it to rub the Americans nose in it, to taunt the families that lost somebody on 9/11. Why else would they do it when there are plenty of other places they could build a mosque? Anything that causes unease and pain to 'infidels' is Islamically acceptable, even encouraged. I suggest to ANYONE who wants to learn what goes on inside Mosques, go to YouTube and look for 'DISPACHES: UNDERCOVER MOSQUE'. Prepare to feel disgusted.

Pssst
Fuuuuuuck you
Back to top Go down
Dr. Professor Science
Ghoti
Ghoti
Dr. Professor Science

PostSubject: Re: This won't end well...   This won't end well... EmptyMon May 10, 2010 7:48 pm

Ezri Dax wrote:

Thank you for making my point for me.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: This won't end well...   This won't end well... EmptyMon May 10, 2010 8:14 pm

Am I the only one who didn't blame Muslims for 9/11? I blamed crazy ass fundamentalists. Because seriously, do these people think all Muslims all over the world took great joy in watching those towers fall? For that matter, those buildings being as big and as diverse as NYC is, I'm pretty sure there were Muslims working in those buildings.

So yeah, big deal. I happen to like mosques, the same way I like cathedrals. They're pretty.
Back to top Go down
Princess
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Princess

PostSubject: Re: This won't end well...   This won't end well... EmptyMon May 10, 2010 10:08 pm

Lapin wrote:

For that matter, those buildings being as big and as diverse as NYC is, I'm pretty sure there were Muslims working in those buildings
IIRC, 10% of the casualties in the WTC attacks were Muslim (according to the article). One hopes they did not include the actual "pilots."
Back to top Go down
lemmingwriter
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: This won't end well...   This won't end well... EmptyMon May 10, 2010 10:14 pm

Lapin wrote:
I happen to like mosques, the same way I like cathedrals. They're pretty.

Architecturally, they're amazing. Our local ones are beautiful, and a well-designed one will manage to blend the required design elements with the local aesthetics. The one that got put in a half-dozen years or so not too far from here blends in with the neighborhood so well that it looks like it's been there forever.

The joys of being a religion student--you get to see all the pretty places. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Hsi Lai temple is also fantastic. But that's beside the point.
Back to top Go down
Adagio
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Adagio

PostSubject: Re: This won't end well...   This won't end well... EmptyTue May 11, 2010 1:35 am

Lapin wrote:
Am I the only one who didn't blame Muslims for 9/11? I blamed crazy ass fundamentalists.

Come to think of it, crazy-ass fundamentalists are responsible for quite a few of history's darkest chapters (a notable exception being World War I). Not that this is meant as a dig at religion as a concept or as a whole, but... yeah.

Lapin wrote:
So yeah, big deal. I happen to like mosques, the same way I like cathedrals. They're pretty.

Ooh, agreed. Gothic architecture is really cool (rayonnante style in particular—anyone seen Sainte-Chapelle? Quite impressive).
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: This won't end well...   This won't end well... EmptyTue May 11, 2010 4:59 am

New Yorkers are afraid of Air Force One and they think this'll fly?
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: This won't end well...   This won't end well... EmptyTue May 11, 2010 8:59 am

Ezri Dax wrote:
I suggest to ANYONE who wants to learn what goes on inside Mosques, go to

a service there.
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: This won't end well...   This won't end well... EmptyTue May 11, 2010 7:22 pm

Ezri Dax wrote:
No surprise here. The Muslims are doing it to rub the Americans nose in it, to taunt the families that lost somebody on 9/11. Why else would they do it when there are plenty of other places they could build a mosque?

It's New York City. It's not like there's a whole lot of empty property there in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: This won't end well...   This won't end well... EmptyTue May 11, 2010 7:26 pm

This won't end well... 724940 oh Ezri
what are we going to do with you
Back to top Go down
Ezri Dax
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Ezri Dax

PostSubject: Re: This won't end well...   This won't end well... EmptyWed May 12, 2010 4:23 am

Lapin wrote:
Am I the only one who didn't blame Muslims for 9/11? I blamed crazy ass fundamentalists. Because seriously, do these people think all Muslims all over the world took great joy in watching those towers fall? For that matter, those buildings being as big and as diverse as NYC is, I'm pretty sure there were Muslims working in those buildings.

While the Towers burned and crumbled, there was CELEBRATIONS all over the Muslim world. As for the 'Muslims' who were in the towers, they were collateral damage, according to the Koran they were 'hypocrites' for not fighting against the 'infidels'.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: This won't end well...   This won't end well... EmptyWed May 12, 2010 5:43 am

I believe the word you're looking for is "apostate."
Back to top Go down
Electron Blue
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Electron Blue

PostSubject: Re: This won't end well...   This won't end well... EmptyWed May 12, 2010 10:58 am

Ezri Dax wrote:
Lapin wrote:

While the Towers burned and crumbled, there was CELEBRATIONS all over the Muslim world. As for the 'Muslims' who were in the towers, they were collateral damage, according to the Koran they were 'hypocrites' for not fighting against the 'infidels'.
And guess what wasn't reported? The people in the Muslim world who held little candlelight vigils or grieved for those they lost just like everywhere else in the world. The celebration were reported to piss people off. How many Christians celebrated the Holocaust, hmm? Probably the same amount of Muslims that celebrated 9/11. BUT WE CAN'T JUDGE BASED ON A MINORITY LOL

Edit: Also Godwin.

Last edited by Electron Blue on Wed May 12, 2010 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Drabbler
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Drabbler

PostSubject: Re: This won't end well...   This won't end well... EmptyWed May 12, 2010 11:03 am

Spotts1701 wrote:
It's New York City. It's not like there's a whole lot of empty property there in the first place.
I'm sure you can find a nice sixth-floor walk-up for only a kidney a month.

Okay, I really just wanted to point out that Spotts has 666 posts. He's evil! EEEEEEEEEEEVVVVIIIIIILLLLLLLL!
Back to top Go down
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

PostSubject: Re: This won't end well...   This won't end well... EmptyWed May 12, 2010 11:14 am

Drabbler wrote:
Spotts1701 wrote:
I'm sure you can find a nice sixth-floor walk-up for only a kidney a month.

Okay, I really just wanted to point out that Spotts has 666 posts. He's evil! EEEEEEEEEEEVVVVIIIIIILLLLLLLL!

My, my, BRIAN BLESSED is being quite restrained today.
Back to top Go down
Chaltab
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Chaltab

PostSubject: Re: This won't end well...   This won't end well... EmptyWed May 12, 2010 12:23 pm

Can someone explain why Erzi isn't banned yet for being a retarded chimpanzee with a keyboard? No wait that's undervaluing chimpanzees. And the retarded.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This won't end well...   This won't end well... Empty

Back to top Go down

This won't end well...
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Why God, Why? :: The Sporking Table :: GodAwful Bullshit-
Jump to: