Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

He can kiss his diploma goodbye...Literally

Go down 
+22
saeku
NastyHobbitses
merryb87
unskilled78
Miss S
Lembech
Reepicheep-chan
InkWeaver
lemmingwriter
Spotts1701
quamp
Delcat
DarthDarthington
VB
Lapin
theweirdkind
Narwhal
rae
Lady Anne
Maximilia
AngryRobotsInc
King Bee
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

He can kiss his diploma goodbye...Literally - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: He can kiss his diploma goodbye...Literally   He can kiss his diploma goodbye...Literally - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 2:07 pm

God I am lucky my mom cared less than I did. Mom gets irritated anytime anything on TV refers to high school as being, like, the best years of your life or anything like that. She is pretty insistent that high school basically sucks compared everything before and after it.
Back to top Go down
lemmingwriter
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: He can kiss his diploma goodbye...Literally   He can kiss his diploma goodbye...Literally - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 2:13 pm

Lapin wrote:
lemmingwriter wrote:
[...]
They actually had people patting us down when I graduated (2002). We had to show up carrying our cap, gown, and "approved" regalia accessories (cords and medallions from some academic departments and not others: IB and Tech, but not drama, etc)[...]

Yeah, they tried to tell me I couldn't wear my blue and gold cords I'd earned through Thespian Society/Drama. Oh hell no bitch, you remember that musical we just put on? The one that earned a lot of money and made the school look good? That show only opened on time because of me. (That's not bragging that's true. One of my crowning moments of awesome)

After arguing with the administrator, bringing the director over to argue with the administrator, and being cheered on by several bored groups of students looking for a good show, the Thespians won. He can kiss his diploma goodbye...Literally - Page 2 831506

Our school is consistently on the top 25 lists of various high-achieving high schools. As a result, if your award wasn't "academic" (IB, Tech, SciOly, or ACAD) or didn't make the school look really fucking good (athletics, journalism, or speech/debate), then it wasn't allowed. Pretty much, it just singled out art, drama, and music, which weren't considered "real" subjects (our academic counselors used to tell us that). And we were told if we wore our drama medallions, they'd get taken away permanently. So we all decided to smuggle them in.

I hid mine in my bra, and let me tell you, it made the pat-down interesting when she got there and it made a lovely *clank* sound. The look on the school secretary's face was priceless. I got to keep the medallion, because I think she was a little too embarrassed by the encounter to report exactly where she'd found it.
Back to top Go down
Miss S

Miss S

PostSubject: Re: He can kiss his diploma goodbye...Literally   He can kiss his diploma goodbye...Literally - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 2:54 pm

I got lucky--my school, though as douchey as it was pretty much the entire time I went there, was amazing at graduation. We had to get there at 9 in the morning, bake out in the desert heat for about two hours, but when we got in everything went fine, except for some douchebags sitting directly behind me (I was in the very LAST row in the very LAST seat on one side) honking their horns. It was so bad that they honked it for like a minute and they had to recall this one girl's name because she began sobbing because of it. Our school doesn't like to give money to the art/drama kids, but they sure as hell gave them their cords. I raised hell because they tried to say that the Environmental Club wasn't integrated into the school. FUCK TO THE NO. We were the kids who fucking BOUGHT out of our OWN pockets the containers. We went through hell to get grants and money, and whatever we weren't able to get (which was about 500 bucks) we came up with on our own. Considering there were only 10 members, that's a lot of money since our school doesn't allow fundraising. 
Back to top Go down
DarthDarthington
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
DarthDarthington

PostSubject: Re: He can kiss his diploma goodbye...Literally   He can kiss his diploma goodbye...Literally - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 2:58 pm

Reepicheep-chan wrote:
God I am lucky my mom cared less than I did. Mom gets irritated anytime anything on TV refers to high school as being, like, the best years of your life or anything like that. She is pretty insistent that high school basically sucks compared everything before and after it.

Alright, your mom is awesome. 🤘
Back to top Go down
unskilled78
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: He can kiss his diploma goodbye...Literally   He can kiss his diploma goodbye...Literally - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 7:25 pm

Ours was pretty strict, but not as strict as some of yours.

We were not allowed to have our phones with us or anything similar & the parents were not allowed air-horns, but most of us were "good" kids, and it wasn't a problem.

The running gag with our class was the "stabler face" (one of our teachers, who we all had several times, who was a pretty cool guy), so one of the students printed out a "stabler face" for each person, put them on paint stirrers (so it would be like a cheap mask), and "smuggled" them in [I don't think the faculty cared too much] We all held them up, when he (as our class sponsor) started making a speech. All 78 of us...

Still, I'd rather not have gone. Graduating High School meant little to nothing to me.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: He can kiss his diploma goodbye...Literally   He can kiss his diploma goodbye...Literally - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 7:40 pm

DarthDarthington wrote:
Reepicheep-chan wrote:

Alright, your mom is awesome. 🤘
Yeah, she is pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: He can kiss his diploma goodbye...Literally   He can kiss his diploma goodbye...Literally - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 7:10 pm

Somebody started a petition about this:

Fire Suzanne Lukas
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: He can kiss his diploma goodbye...Literally   He can kiss his diploma goodbye...Literally - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 8:44 pm

Reepicheep-chan wrote:

Your mom needs to have a talk with my mom. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
merryb87

merryb87

PostSubject: Re: He can kiss his diploma goodbye...Literally   He can kiss his diploma goodbye...Literally - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 10:50 pm

At my graduation they didn't pat us down, but they made us open our robes and take off our hats. We were not allowed cell phones, beach balls and condoms. However one girl hid candy bars in her bra.

I remember graduation being rather boring and long. The only thing I remember from it is that during practice one assistant principals kept saying that we should all be dignified. I also remember that before the real ceremony took place me and my friends started the wave and then broke out into the Lumber Jack song.
Back to top Go down
NastyHobbitses

NastyHobbitses

PostSubject: Re: He can kiss his diploma goodbye...Literally   He can kiss his diploma goodbye...Literally - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 11:27 am

At my graduation we were not allowed to wear anything over our robes (I wore a tasteful string of Mardi Gras beads just to fuck with the administrators, and to further fuck with them, every student took a lei with them onstage and put them around the principal's neck right before he shook our hands), though we were allowed two beach balls and we could blow bubbles in between speeches.

Then the superintendent of schools gave an extremely homoerotic speech about playing evening games of baseball with the nephew of the owner of McDonald's, which included beautiful lines like "every night, he would pitch and I would catch...his fastballs would always find their way into my soft leathery glove, and we would talk all the while, bending, stretching and throwing fastballs back and forth. He was pitcher and I was catcher" (Paraphrased). The entire L-Z block of chairs went red in the face from holding in laughter.
Back to top Go down
http://jiaren-shadow.livejournal.com
saeku
Fapmaster
Fapmaster

PostSubject: Re: He can kiss his diploma goodbye...Literally   He can kiss his diploma goodbye...Literally - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 12:15 pm

My high school graduation was in the same building as a rock concert. Pomp and Circumstance was drowned out by a guitar solo. The principal made some comment about how it epitomized the way education competes with popular culture, but he looked ready to cry. The Latin prof was facepalming until the music stopped.

🤘
Back to top Go down
Root Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Root Admin

PostSubject: Re: He can kiss his diploma goodbye...Literally   He can kiss his diploma goodbye...Literally - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 12:23 pm

Oh, my principal was a petty douchebag. He'd always hassle me, and I didn't know why. Maybe it was because I was never really involved in anything and saw my disinterest in school as some kind of crime against humanity. He was obviously into the kids who were into football, cheerleading, or National Honor Society- despite having the credentials to join NHS I was adamantly against it because it seemed hypocritical (no offense to anyone who was involved in organizations in high school). So I was lumped with the "bad crowd".

So when the time came to get my diploma, he handed it to me with that Dirty Harry smirk he'd always reserve for me. I took my diploma in one hand, gave him the finger with another. And I've never looked back since.
Back to top Go down
fishstickhater
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
fishstickhater

PostSubject: Re: He can kiss his diploma goodbye...Literally   He can kiss his diploma goodbye...Literally - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 12:49 pm

My high school graduation was super boring and strict. I had to struggle to not fall asleep.
Back to top Go down
Codebrea
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: He can kiss his diploma goodbye...Literally   He can kiss his diploma goodbye...Literally - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 1:51 pm

This sort of shit always reeked of "Oh, look, we can control our students!", while they were just being humored.
Back to top Go down
KJM
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: He can kiss his diploma goodbye...Literally   He can kiss his diploma goodbye...Literally - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 1:52 pm

This is only semi-related, but when I got my diploma my name was written down wrong.
Back to top Go down
http://kennethmrrw502.blogspot.com/
Decipher
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: He can kiss his diploma goodbye...Literally   He can kiss his diploma goodbye...Literally - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 1:52 pm

8-letter limit on the name? What bull.
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: He can kiss his diploma goodbye...Literally   He can kiss his diploma goodbye...Literally - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 2:20 pm

NastyHobbitses wrote:
At my graduation we were not allowed to wear anything over our robes (I wore a tasteful string of Mardi Gras beads just to fuck with the administrators, and to further fuck with them, every student took a lei with them onstage and put them around the principal's neck right before he shook our hands), though we were allowed two beach balls and we could blow bubbles in between speeches.

Then the superintendent of schools gave an extremely homoerotic speech about playing evening games of baseball with the nephew of the owner of McDonald's, which included beautiful lines like "every night, he would pitch and I would catch...his fastballs would always find their way into my soft leathery glove, and we would talk all the while, bending, stretching and throwing fastballs back and forth. He was pitcher and I was catcher" (Paraphrased). The entire L-Z block of chairs went red in the face from holding in laughter.
You actually remember the speeches? I don't really remember any of them, but that may be because I've gone to about 10 graduations in the past five years, so you tend to forget these things. He can kiss his diploma goodbye...Literally - Page 2 367135
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: He can kiss his diploma goodbye...Literally   He can kiss his diploma goodbye...Literally - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 2:47 pm

All I remember was all TEH DRAMA over the gowns, over who was class valedictorian, over what day the ceremony was going to be...

Yeah, my high school graduation was loads of fun. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: He can kiss his diploma goodbye...Literally   He can kiss his diploma goodbye...Literally - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 11:52 pm

Nihilist wrote:

So when the time came to get my diploma, he handed it to me with that Dirty Harry smirk he'd always reserve for me. I took my diploma in one hand, gave him the finger with another. And I've never looked back since.

My shoes were hurting me so bad I didn't think of that. Oh well.

So, just for the record, does anyone ever enjoy the graduation ceremony? Why do we even do this?
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: He can kiss his diploma goodbye...Literally   He can kiss his diploma goodbye...Literally - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 12:11 am

To walk the stage?
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: He can kiss his diploma goodbye...Literally   He can kiss his diploma goodbye...Literally - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 12:19 am

I hate ceremonies. If I wasn't expected to give a speech, if my parents and my whole family weren't so adamant, I would've just stayed home and picked up my diploma later.
Back to top Go down
Inciter
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Inciter

PostSubject: Re: He can kiss his diploma goodbye...Literally   He can kiss his diploma goodbye...Literally - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 12:33 am

My graduation ceremony was very boring. At practice, they had told us that we had to line up in a circle after the ceremony so we could throw our caps up in the air. Everyone was planning on doing it anyway when the principal said "Class of 2008". However, at the ceremony, everyone chickened out and word was spread that we weren't doing it because everyone's parents would be in the crowd. Rolling Eyes We actually didn't have anything interesting happen because almost everyone in my class was crazy religious and rule-abiding.

Our valedictorian made this long-ass speech in an obnoxious voice that included the line "We've all known each other since Kindergarten", which irritated me because I had only been living there for three years. Then again, no one at that school really liked me anyway because I was an outsider, so no one really cared. But still, she didn't actually have to say something like that. And after her speech, one of the other skanks girls in my class went up and started singing. Dry I still don't know what that had to do with graduating high school, but I wasn't the only person who thought it was retarded.

However, I am one of the only people that didn't shake the SI's hand. I didn't see him behind the principal, so I just shook her hand and walked away. I only realized what I had done when I watched the DVD a few weeks later. Not like I regret it anyway, as the SI used to be the principal and never really liked me.

High school can kiss my ass and every single person who graduated with me can go fuck themselves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: He can kiss his diploma goodbye...Literally   He can kiss his diploma goodbye...Literally - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

He can kiss his diploma goodbye...Literally
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2