Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Yvette's Bridal Formal

Go down 
+47
TheIan
BottledIvan
Grimley Fieendish
Vanilla-villa
Miss Prince
Gamma Vector
Chris91
The Alien from Uranus
Keith Fraser
tim gueguen
Achtung Baby
Azzandra
spoonhead75
Ghost in the Machine
bleachedblackcat
Hot Cancer
Delcat
Miss Misery
Ivo
Fairlight
Saleha
myeerah
Rabid Badger
rae
thebonerules
Reepicheep-chan
Dr. Professor Science
KelinciHutan
gaijinguy
Cyberwulf
Just Chipper
Sarin
Somath Cegem
Seule
Jay/Cris
Jesus.
Adagio
grmblfjx
ZoZo
Verandering
Maximilia
TheHermit
saeku
Eccooz
Mafiosa
Salamas
Blooferlady
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
spoonhead75
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
spoonhead75

Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yvette's Bridal Formal   Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 9:27 am

If I ever visit Panama City, I think I'll check that shop out. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Maybe the climate doesn't agree with her?
Back to top Go down
Azzandra
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Azzandra

PostSubject: Re: Yvette's Bridal Formal   Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 11:06 am

Nihilist wrote:

I can see they were trying to go for the Sixteen Magazine feel, with that cut-and-paste collage and bright colors....

Fuck, you mean someone made it look like this on purpose?
Back to top Go down
Achtung Baby

Achtung Baby

PostSubject: Re: Yvette's Bridal Formal   Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 12:21 am

KelinciHutan, it was me who e-mailed the web mistress. No response.

If someone calls and gets a reply...we can has recap, please?

Also, if any WGWers live near Panama City, how about a drive-by? I've done enough research on this eye-searing atrocity to know that yes, it is a real bridal shop, and a rather unassuming looking one from the outside.
Back to top Go down
Achtung Baby

Achtung Baby

PostSubject: Re: Yvette's Bridal Formal   Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 12:24 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That is a link to a pretty positive review of the shop.

And creepy man- his name is Sean B.- has given his own place a good review on Yelp.
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: Yvette's Bridal Formal   Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 1:44 pm

Achtung Baby wrote:

And creepy man- his name is Sean B.- has given his own place a good review on Yelp.

I love how he doesn't even try to hide it, either.

Also THE TILDES, THEY BURN
Back to top Go down
tim gueguen
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Yvette's Bridal Formal   Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 3:50 pm

Notice on one of those pages it says "Yvette's has a passion for fashion." Isn't it obvious? The website design was obviously done by a Bratz doll. It explains so much.
Back to top Go down
http://timgueguen.blogspot.com
Keith Fraser
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Keith Fraser

PostSubject: Re: Yvette's Bridal Formal   Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 4:53 pm

Ho-lee crap, it's like the website for ANTIGUA: The Land of Fairies Wizards and Heroes (Part 1), only a thousand times worse.

I particularly 'like' that picture near the bottom of the girl with multicoloured energy beams shooting out of her tiara. Evidently that tiara is a magic item that casts Prismatic Spray 3/day.
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Yvette's Bridal Formal   Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 4:15 am

Verandering wrote:
Delcat wrote:
Dr. Professor Science wrote:
... Hot mess?
Hot tranny mess.
... Colbert
*cough* Forget sometimes not everyone reads Achewood, sorry.
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
The Alien from Uranus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
The Alien from Uranus

PostSubject: Re: Yvette's Bridal Formal   Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 4:45 am

I, uh... oh god wtf. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I didn't even know websites COULD be made that bad. It's like some horrid form of modern art. Like she STRATEGICALLY placed every brightly-colored link, every horribly-artificed photograph in such a way that it would cause the greatest pain to the viewer's eyes. You cannot convince me that any of this was done on accident. Personally, I think the polka music adds a nice touch to that page with the bouncing stick men. It's like she's saying, "BEHOLD! Every horrible thing that could ever been done to a website ever! I have achieved web-designing Nirvana!"

Also, I may have found the most profound page on the entire website. It's the green MS Paint squares, I think. I also can't help kinda rockin' out to the snazzy Indian music on this page.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Yvette's Bridal Formal   Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 11:28 am

There's a fine line between colorful and garish, and Yvette's pole-vaulted over it.
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: Yvette's Bridal Formal   Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 12:25 pm

Yes, Chris, well done. What a useful and contributory comment.
Back to top Go down
Achtung Baby

Achtung Baby

PostSubject: Re: Yvette's Bridal Formal   Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 11:00 pm

Resurrecting a dead thread with this rather enlightening Yahoo answers page.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Achtung Baby

Achtung Baby

PostSubject: Re: Yvette's Bridal Formal   Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 11:04 pm

This, too.
Back to top Go down
Achtung Baby

Achtung Baby

PostSubject: Re: Yvette's Bridal Formal   Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 11:13 pm

And this is enlightening too.
Back to top Go down
Gamma Vector

Gamma Vector

PostSubject: Re: Yvette's Bridal Formal   Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 4:18 am

I think my brain BSOD'd from looking at that. Seriously, my sister's alarm went off, the page loaded, I glanced at it...
...And five minutes later, as the alarm went off again, I found myself laughing so hysterically I had a stitch in my side and tears running down my face; with no memory of what had transpired during the five minutes I apparently spent staring at my computer. For all I know, I was abducted by aliens.

I think I'm going to go lie down now...
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: Yvette's Bridal Formal   Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 10:31 pm

Re: Achtung

I am will to believe that this Carolyn lady let her (possibly mentally ill) son (the 'artist' promo-ed on the site, Sean Terrence Best) do the website and never really bothered to look at it. It attracts attention, obvs, so she is probably happy with it. I suspected something similar when I first saw it.
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: Yvette's Bridal Formal   Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 10:11 am

What happened to the SA thread? It got all exciting and then people were going to visit and then it just stopped. Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 3 309696
Back to top Go down
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

PostSubject: Re: Yvette's Bridal Formal   Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 10:31 am

CONSPIRACY
Back to top Go down
Vanilla-villa
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Vanilla-villa

PostSubject: Re: Yvette's Bridal Formal   Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 10:52 am

Oh my god, my eyes. That is horrendous.
The goggles, they do nothing!
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: Yvette's Bridal Formal   Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 11:18 am

Also, what I've got from Sean Terrence Best is

I don't think he's retarded or autistic or anything, he had a cleft palate when he was born which accounts for the scarring on his upper lip...

I do get a vague FAS vibe from all those photos of him as a child, but I am by no means an expert.

But basically, what I reckon is that he was a pretty normal guy until he hit about 30 (there are photos of him looking normal and hanging out with friends from his late teens, and he claims to have been married) at which point the shittons of hallucinogens he'd been taking since he was a teenager (he refers to having taken a lot of drugs when he was young, and has some poems up about being high) kicked in, at which point he became utterly nuts, started painting, photographing everything ever and prancing about in a bedsheet. On his page about how he started painting, he even claims to have had trippy, recurring dreams right before.

So yeah, there's my armchair psychology right there.
Back to top Go down
Grimley Fieendish
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Grimley Fieendish

PostSubject: Re: Yvette's Bridal Formal   Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 12:58 pm

I have the sneaking feeling that running this site through Geocities-izer would do one of the following...
1) Nothing, as it looks as it's been processed by the site already...
2) Said processing will improve the look of the site (contrary to expectations), as it will make look it less dire (or at least provide a excuse...).
3) Cause the Geocities-izer site to crash, as it's so dire already...
Back to top Go down
Vanilla-villa
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Vanilla-villa

PostSubject: Re: Yvette's Bridal Formal   Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 3:18 pm

Why not find out for yourself?
Spoiler: Actually, I think it's an improvement on the original, not by much, but at least the horrible rainbow vomit is gone.
Back to top Go down
BottledIvan

BottledIvan

PostSubject: Re: Yvette's Bridal Formal   Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 7:04 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

...Do you think they'd be offended if I called and asked if I could re-design their website?
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Yvette's Bridal Formal   Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 9:01 am

Just think of what happens if the offer was accepted, and then they went around diddling with your code to make it look like vomit again. Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 3 588739
Back to top Go down
BottledIvan

BottledIvan

PostSubject: Re: Yvette's Bridal Formal   Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 9:10 am

Oh god you're right, and that would just be downright awful or something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yvette's Bridal Formal   Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yvette's Bridal Formal
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Why God, Why? :: The Sporking Table :: GodAwful Bullshit-
Jump to: