Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Narmy and awkward cutscenes

Go down 
+8
Penguin
Delcat
Lurv
Mikey Go WOOGA
VileCorp
Mafiosa
Raine
Lysander
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Lysander
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Lysander

Narmy and awkward cutscenes Empty
PostSubject: Narmy and awkward cutscenes   Narmy and awkward cutscenes EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 6:04 am

Post yours!
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Narmy and awkward cutscenes   Narmy and awkward cutscenes EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 7:00 am

Arg, the laughing scene in FFX. I've never felt so awkward playing a video game before.

Oh, wait...

It's like every single cartoon moral summary from the 80s and 90s rolled into one, except worse! What a way to ruin any satisfaction I would have felt finishing the game. That was in the Xbox version of the game though, when they re-released it on the PS3, they had this ending instead:

Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Narmy and awkward cutscenes   Narmy and awkward cutscenes EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 9:10 am

As soon as I saw the thread title I came here to post Tidus and Yuna laughing.

I remember being extremely uncomfortable during that scene for some reason.

Content:
Back to top Go down
VileCorp
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
VileCorp

PostSubject: Re: Narmy and awkward cutscenes   Narmy and awkward cutscenes EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 11:21 am

Pretty much any scene involving kissing and other forms of intimacy.

I stand corrected, Dante's Inferno had a pretty good kissing scene. But it was done with pre-rendered, not with the clunky game models, so I'm not sure if it should count?

Last edited by VileCorp on Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lysander
Lysander

PostSubject: Re: Narmy and awkward cutscenes   Narmy and awkward cutscenes EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 9:39 pm

Actually, all the endings from MK4.

Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Narmy and awkward cutscenes   Narmy and awkward cutscenes EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 4:11 pm

Raine wrote:
Arg, the laughing scene in FFX. I've never felt so awkward playing a video game before.

Oh, wait...

It's like every single cartoon moral summary from the 80s and 90s rolled into one, except worse! What a way to ruin any satisfaction I would have felt finishing the game. That was in the Xbox version of the game though, when they re-released it on the PS3, they had this ending instead:

Jesus fuck. I forgot about Eternal Sonata. That was a fun game mostly ruined by that dickless turd with the blue hair and the cutscenes. That 10 minute long ending scene played only after ANOTHER painfully long scene you got once you beat
Spoiler:
. Basically, the first three quarters of the game was pimping. The last quarter was a clusterfuck of moralfag cutscenes and bad LSD.

The only thing about that game that was good from beginning to end what that when you killed someone, they stayed dead. Shit, most of them didn't even survive thirty seconds after the battle to give some last, spiteful speech. Those people died when you killed them.

And how is that bullshit with the caterpillar and snail supposed to be an improvement? How is it even relevant to what the hell happened in the game? And it's talks to you like you're a fucking three year old. At least it's only four minutes long.
Back to top Go down
Lurv
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lurv

PostSubject: Re: Narmy and awkward cutscenes   Narmy and awkward cutscenes EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 4:30 pm

I haven't played much of Eternal Sonata yet, but I'm really not surprised it's got a narmfull ending. Oh I can't wait to see it.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Narmy and awkward cutscenes   Narmy and awkward cutscenes EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 6:50 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

And how is that bullshit with the caterpillar and snail supposed to be an improvement? How is it even relevant to what the hell happened in the game? And it's talks to you like you're a fucking three year old. At least it's only four minutes long.

I wouldn't call it an improvement at all. The only thing they got right in the PS3 version was explaining WTF was going on (at least that's what I understand from reading the reviews of it). They never really explained in the original what was going on with Polka.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Narmy and awkward cutscenes   Narmy and awkward cutscenes EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 8:54 pm

Raine wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

I wouldn't call it an improvement at all. The only thing they got right in the PS3 version was explaining WTF was going on (at least that's what I understand from reading the reviews of it). They never really explained in the original what was going on with Polka.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Narmy and awkward cutscenes   Narmy and awkward cutscenes EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 10:04 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Narmy and awkward cutscenes   Narmy and awkward cutscenes EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 2:59 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
That was a fun game mostly ruined by that dickless turd with the blue hair and the cutscenes.

(snip)

The only thing about that game that was good from beginning to end what that when you killed someone, they stayed dead.
So basically you can't write two paragraphs without contradicting yourself. Words just come out of your head and pop like soap bubbles, don't they? You're going to have to tighten your game if you want to fit in he--

--oh. It's you. Didn't recognize your avatar. Well, yeah, that figures then.
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Narmy and awkward cutscenes   Narmy and awkward cutscenes EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 4:44 am

METAL BOXES isn't narmy and awkward. It is AWESOME.
Back to top Go down
Alhazred
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Alhazred

PostSubject: Re: Narmy and awkward cutscenes   Narmy and awkward cutscenes EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 2:09 pm

Yeah, Metal Boxes should be replaced with every scene featuring Commander Boreale.

That the Blood Ravens themselves think Soul Storm was ridiculous says a lot.
Back to top Go down
KJM
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Narmy and awkward cutscenes   Narmy and awkward cutscenes EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 12:27 am

Back to top Go down
http://kennethmrrw502.blogspot.com/
Realm Walker

PostSubject: Re: Narmy and awkward cutscenes   Narmy and awkward cutscenes EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 10:05 am

8:20 - 8:27, it's funny how he just runs away from her, and her creepy stare does nothing to help
Back to top Go down
William Shakespeare
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
William Shakespeare

PostSubject: Re: Narmy and awkward cutscenes   Narmy and awkward cutscenes EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 10:31 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Narmy and awkward cutscenes   Narmy and awkward cutscenes Empty

Back to top Go down

Narmy and awkward cutscenes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Why God, Why? :: The Sporking Table :: GodAwful Bullshit-
Jump to: