Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Trying too hard

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hot Cancer
Playwright
Playwright
Hot Cancer

Trying too hard Empty
PostSubject: Trying too hard   Trying too hard EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 4:04 pm

Sometimes brilliant songs come together without trying, and sometimes you try very hard and get a pile of shit as a reward. Introducing Attack Attack!, and their "song" Stick Stickly. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Now, if you try to cram a vaguely death metal opening, heavy, abrasive riffs, loads of OTT screaming, clean singing, followed by hardcore breakdowns, a bit of piano playing, and I SWEAR I'm not making this up, some dance music into one 3 minute song, will you get:

A) A masterpiece.
B) 3 minutes of pure fuckery that is horribly disjointed.

Answer is B. This is fucking terrible in ways I didn't think possible, even for the new movements in "alternative" rock. I'm not saying you can't have multiple styles of music in one song (just ask Run DMC and Aerosmith), but these guys aren't up to it.
Back to top Go down
DarthDarthington
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
DarthDarthington

Trying too hard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trying too hard   Trying too hard EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 4:26 pm

So they're basically Mr. Bungle without talent. Well, at least they're trying to steal from good bands.
Back to top Go down
quamp
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
quamp

Trying too hard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trying too hard   Trying too hard EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 12:20 pm

I'm getting bad early 80's glam rock flashbacks here.
That's not a good thing.
Back to top Go down
http://quamp.deviantart.com
fishstickhater
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
fishstickhater

Trying too hard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trying too hard   Trying too hard EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 4:00 pm

-facepalm-
My boyfriend absolutely loves them. Normally, I can't fault his tastes, but this? No
Back to top Go down
Hot Cancer
Playwright
Playwright
Hot Cancer

Trying too hard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trying too hard   Trying too hard EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 6:09 am

It gets worse:

Quote :
just when you think things couldn't get much worse than electro-ska, black polka metal, or christian punk, the crunkcore scene comes along and makes everything else look perfectly acceptable.

the crunkcore movement is one that seems to be a brilliant marketing strategy by some sort of modern day lou pearlman who learned to tap into the brain of misguided emo kids who don't know where to turn. there is no way such a genre would evolve organically, someone had to have made a conscious marketing decision to create one of the worst crossover genres of all time and throw it on myspace to see what happens.

to sum up the stylings of crunkcore, it is a horrific combination of two genres that were bastardized and declared dead several years ago, crunk and screamo, only now with overtly sexual lyrics directed at 7th grade girls. with that said, you can use the following recipe to create your own crunkcore band…

2 ΒΌ cups t-pain vocoder
4 tablespoons of angst ridden white teenagers
2 sticks of bowel inducing screams
3 teaspoons of shuttershades
2 cups fake bling from vending machines
12 cups of lyrics that would give brian peppers douche chills
205,809 myspace friends

somewhere on the back of the miley cyrus tour bus the guys in metro station are thanking their lucky stars that bands like brokencyde came along. the crunkcore wave is to dance pop what 9/11 was to gary condit and his missing intern."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trying too hard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trying too hard   Trying too hard Empty

Back to top Go down

Trying too hard
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Why God, Why? :: The Sporking Table :: GodAwful Bullshit-
Jump to: