Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread

Go down 
+85
Khajidu
Disco Stu
William Shakespeare
Reidmar
lemmingwriter
Lady Anne
Sunatic
Owlish
KazTarja
Nihilist
littledorrit
Kommandar
anangrychocobo
Dee
CaptainMcNeil
Spotts1701
Goat
Sakurelf
Nonsense Words
I_Lam_Edhellen
Ratchetmon
Loaf
Vilecat
Aggie
Maximilia
Reepicheep-chan
villainy
Kirby
Dr. Quinzel
Tungsten Monk
bleachedblackcat
saeku
XLT-100852.0
Snake Bandage
Verandering
Sutremaine
SlyChild
KJM
Raine
The Unoriginal
Salamas
Just Chipper
Raven
Vanilla-villa
Bamshalam
Princess
DarthDarthington
Lapin
Miss Prince
Mafiosa
Max III
Mr.Doobie
Penguin
Azzandra
Dr. Professor Science
rae
Braigwen
SirDixonDongs
Jesus.
Fairlight
fishstickhater
Somath Cegem
grmblfjx
myeerah
Mikey Go WOOGA
Sheba
spoonhead75
theweirdkind
Mae Bedlam
Lembech
Malganis
Root Admin
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Cyberwulf
Blooferlady
merryb87
EileenK98
Lurv
Hot Cancer
InkWeaver
ZoZo
Jay/Cris
Miss Misery
Delcat
Seule
89 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
SlyChild
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

Location : Ass glued to computer chair. Haven't moved in days.

The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 15 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 4:28 pm

My iPod went through the washing machine this morning. The embarrassing part is that it wasn't even in my pants pocket. I had my iPod in one hand and was loading laundry with the other and at some point I must have just dropped it in there.
Back to top Go down
Sutremaine
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sutremaine

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 15 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 6:21 pm

I decided to create a password for the computer. Put it in, reset the computer, got to the password screen, got told that the password was incorrect. HORROR. Made about 20 attempts at entering the password, figuring that maybe I'd mistyped it both times when entering it and that maybe if I flailed my fingers around in just the right way I'd hit on the magical combination.

Turns out that the computer doesn't load non-Qwerty keyboards until after you log in. I'm quite glad I figured that one out.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 15 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 4:25 am

So what do you do, then? If the computer doesn't recognize your keyboard until after log-in and you can't log in because it doesn't recognize your keyboard?
Back to top Go down
Sutremaine
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sutremaine

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 15 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 1:18 pm

Type it in on the default Qwerty keyboard. I don't remember if I set Dvorak as the default during installation or within Windows, but it hasn't taken everywhere. Since the password was 'password' (not really) and typed in Dvorak, attempting to do the same on a Qwerty keyboard resulted in 'ra;;,soh'. So, one bout of hunting and pecking later, the password was changed to 'ra;;,soh' so I could type it in normally.
Back to top Go down
Snake Bandage
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Snake Bandage

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 15 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 10:40 am

I'm alive. I guess that counts for something.

I'm actually full of things that will be better off on the Something Bad thread, but Mikey yelled at me for being a wimp last time I wrote anything there so.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 15 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 10:55 am

Psh, Mikey thinks everyone is a wimp. I am glad to see you are alive, regardless.
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 15 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 11:04 am

Do it anyway. It's Mikey. He lives for golf and 4chan. Seriously, that is not someone who's opinion matters.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 15 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 7:31 pm

Snake Bandage wrote:
I'm alive. I guess that counts for something.

I'm actually full of things that will be better off on the Something Bad thread, but Mikey yelled at me for being a wimp last time I wrote anything there so.
Mikey's just trying to get attention. Block him and post away.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 15 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 2:29 pm

:V I got Skyrim.

Somehow I managed to get involved in stupid love triangle in the very first town, ruined both parties chances with the object of their affection by ratting out their fake love letter schemes, got attacked by one of them in a rage, killed him in self-defense, and then had the entire town come after me with battle axes.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 15 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 8:18 pm

Raine wrote:

Somehow I managed to get involved in stupid love triangle in the very first town, ruined both parties chances with the object of their affection by ratting out their fake love letter schemes, got attacked by one of them in a rage, killed him in self-defense, and then had the entire town come after me with battle axes.

...That does it, I'm buying this game.
Back to top Go down
Sutremaine
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sutremaine

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 15 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 10:05 pm

Raine wrote:

Sounds like something out of Dwarf Fortress.
Back to top Go down
lemmingwriter
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 15 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 3:29 am

Penguin wrote:
Raine wrote:

Ditto!

...the entire town? I'm impressed! In other TES games, the most I get is one or two old battleaxes (who may or may not have battle axes) chasing me for picking a pocket or two. But you getting the whole town upset, well, I think I need to step up my game.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 15 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 4:12 am

lemmingwriter wrote:
Penguin wrote:
Raine wrote:

Ditto!

...the entire town? I'm impressed! In other TES games, the most I get is one or two old battleaxes (who may or may not have battle axes) chasing me for picking a pocket or two. But you getting the whole town upset, well, I think I need to step up my game.

Depends on where you run. I accidentally into the blacksmith's house and he and his wife chased me. Then in the confusion I ran into the town inn and everybody in it came after me. The blacksmith is a total mini-boss, I could NOT kill him no matter how hard I tried.

I restarted the game though so I could put my skills into better things. I want to become the world's best smooth-talking magical sniper/tank alchemist.
Back to top Go down
Sakurelf
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sakurelf

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 15 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 5:50 pm

So I bought a blonde wig for shits and giggles. Nothing special about it, it's just a short, straight bob cut. My regular hair is shoulder length and dark brown.

Whenever I do something drastic, yet permanent to my hair (turning it into a pixie cut, getting a perm) I usually get comments like, "It's so different, I love it!" or "Wow, it looks great on you!"

Wearing the wig I get the same amount of compliments, but always followed with "But your regular hair is so pretty!" and "There's nothing wrong with your natural hair!"

... I can take the wig off...? That's kinda the point of wearing a fashion wig. I dunno, I guess by wearing a wig, I seem like I'm somehow ashamed of my regular hair and not just bored by it?

Also, I could never really dye my hair blonde anyway. The colour looks good enough on me, but my hair is so dark and so fast-growing, I'd have roots in all of 4 days. That, and fringe bangs require way too much maintenance.
Back to top Go down
Salamas
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Salamas

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 15 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 7:02 pm

I judged my technical writing prof for admitting that she uses pre-packaged mix to make guacamole. Yes, I am a bit of a guacamole snob, I make it from scratch. Heck even in most restaurants I wont get guacamole because they'll charge $2.50 for stuff made from a bag that doesn't even taste good.

Judging guacamole is completely average for me.
Back to top Go down
Snake Bandage
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Snake Bandage

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 15 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 3:55 am

I found grape-flavored Gatorade in the story yesterday so I bought it and drank it.

It tasted like grape Kool-Aid. Which is to say, it tasted nothing like grapes.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 15 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 7:15 am

Try water.
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 15 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 7:35 am

I pulled a hamstring yesterday at the gym, then was given nearly 500$ in a random lottery at the apartment complex where I live.
Back to top Go down
Snake Bandage
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Snake Bandage

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 15 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 5:23 am

My diced turkey smelled and tasted like food poisoning waiting to happen, so I threw it out with the salvageable rice. I ate my emergency pastry instead.
Back to top Go down
William Shakespeare
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
William Shakespeare

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 15 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 1:33 pm

I didn't get the job I applied for.
Back to top Go down
Azzandra
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Azzandra

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 15 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 2:21 am

The cat has now learned how to open doors by herself. Nobody is safe anymore.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 15 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 7:23 am

Rolling Stone came out with their latest list of greatest guitarist ever, and it's full with even more bullshit then before. I'm going to be taking it to task in the music thread.

Why is this not in "Something Bad"? Rolling Stone cheeses me off on a pretty regular basis.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 15 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 7:26 am

I am pretty sure Matt Taibbi is the only member of Rolling Stone's staff worth reading these days.
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 15 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 4:18 pm

I realized today that I smoke because I want to see if I can get addicted, just to see if I can. I shrugged, stomped out the butt and threw the pack away because it's obvious that that's never going to happen.

Then I had a coke. Ahh... caffeine. You put up with so much from me.
Back to top Go down
Snake Bandage
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Snake Bandage

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 15 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:46 am

Became the target of the Social Justice Crusaders today. I think they tried to accuse me of misandry and ableism? And then called me a dumb annoying asshole?

I don't know, I'm just really amused by how seriously they take my casual rage at a fictional character.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread
Page 15 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18 ... 22  Next