Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread

Go down 
+85
Khajidu
Disco Stu
William Shakespeare
Reidmar
lemmingwriter
Lady Anne
Sunatic
Owlish
KazTarja
Nihilist
littledorrit
Kommandar
anangrychocobo
Dee
CaptainMcNeil
Spotts1701
Goat
Sakurelf
Nonsense Words
I_Lam_Edhellen
Ratchetmon
Loaf
Vilecat
Aggie
Maximilia
Reepicheep-chan
villainy
Kirby
Dr. Quinzel
Tungsten Monk
bleachedblackcat
saeku
XLT-100852.0
Snake Bandage
Verandering
Sutremaine
SlyChild
KJM
Raine
The Unoriginal
Salamas
Just Chipper
Raven
Vanilla-villa
Bamshalam
Princess
DarthDarthington
Lapin
Miss Prince
Mafiosa
Max III
Mr.Doobie
Penguin
Azzandra
Dr. Professor Science
rae
Braigwen
SirDixonDongs
Jesus.
Fairlight
fishstickhater
Somath Cegem
grmblfjx
myeerah
Mikey Go WOOGA
Sheba
spoonhead75
theweirdkind
Mae Bedlam
Lembech
Malganis
Root Admin
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Cyberwulf
Blooferlady
merryb87
EileenK98
Lurv
Hot Cancer
InkWeaver
ZoZo
Jay/Cris
Miss Misery
Delcat
Seule
89 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 8 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 8:36 am

I discovered the source of the bin-like stench coming from the fridge in my room: a bag of brown liquid marked "mixed-leaf salad". I haven't eaten bagged salad since January. I probably need to clean out my fridge more frequently.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Quinzel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Dr. Quinzel

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 8 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 12:04 am

There is a cricket in my tarantula's tank that chirps constantly at night, and I really wish my arachnid friend would finally find and eat him. My attempt at fishing it out was unsuccessful (and I don't like being too intrusive because the tarantula will 'threaten' me if I move stuff around too much).
Back to top Go down
Salamas
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Salamas

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 8 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 4:07 am

Somehow, my jeans shrunk a size since the last time I wore them about two months ago. I don't understand how this happened since I always hung them to dry...
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 11:18 am

I feel so fucking clean. Indoor plumbing is amazing.
Back to top Go down
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 8 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 9:58 pm

So friend A (female), B(male), and C(female) and I are hanging out. B likes to mess with peoples hair randomly, so we were just hanging out on the overpass in our college being foolish with B fucking around with A's hair extensions. I turn around and between me and C (closer to me) is this old fat fucker with a "OH LOOK FAP MATERIAL" spacy grin face, he's got salt and pepper long hair with a bald spot and everything, just all around creepy. Like an aging nerd who has never left the basement til now.

He says to her, "Is-is she now going to get to play with his hair?"

Us: *silence*

Him: "Well, ya see, its only fair." *turns to me with grin*

Us: *long stunned silence, me contorting my face in disgust and confusion, A edging away into b for protection*

"I was just saying, she has such fantastic hair, it'd be a shame not to look."

Me: "Who the hell are you?"

Him: "(something I could barely understand, he was mumbling" *starts to walk away* "Totally innocent, I swear." *leaves finally*

He had this same stupid grin plastered on his face the whole time, like he was just so excited to see a girl with her extensions messed with. I mean, yeah, the guy could have been mentally deficient or something, but he didnt look it or sound it. Just creepy. C hid behind me until he was out of our sight, and C is like, the strongest/bravest of us all.

Why is this average and not bad? It is bad, but it is, unfortunately, also average. Upset
Back to top Go down
Lembech
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lembech

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 7:12 pm

I saw Antoine Dodson at a gas station. In case you're wondering who I'm talking about, the guy in this clip.

It, well, was pretty awkward. Yeah, I don't think this state will ever go down for anything even legitimately memorable.
Back to top Go down
Blooferlady
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Blooferlady

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 8:06 pm

Everyone has left for school already. Except me. There is nothing to do at all, but this is ok.
Back to top Go down
http://blooferblog.tumblr.com
Kirby
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Kirby

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 7:45 am

I thought this would be relevant to the interests of this site. Last night I dreamed that Lolita came back and dragged me, Nihilist, my aunt, and her dog into some sort of alternate dimension. It was pretty trippy. It was a nightmare at the time, but now it seems more amusing than anything else.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 8:17 am

Kirby wrote:
It was a nightmare

I'll believe that. *shudder*
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 5:31 pm

I got a Prince Albert and a lip piercing today.

Don't know if this counts necessarily as "Good" or "Weird".
Back to top Go down
myeerah
Contributor
Contributor
myeerah

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 7:07 pm

I struggled to maintain a straight face today through a variety of idiots. My favorite patron came up to me after a session that occurred at the computer right next to his and congratulated me on keeping my patience.
Back to top Go down
Miss Misery
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Miss Misery

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 2:08 pm

I need to do my laundry tonight.
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 2:36 pm

Lembech wrote:
I saw Antoine Dodson at a gas station. In case you're wondering who I'm talking about, the guy in this clip.

It, well, was pretty awkward. Yeah, I don't think this state will ever go down for anything even legitimately memorable.

Please tell me you sang the remix by Shmoyoho at him.
Back to top Go down
Miss Misery
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Miss Misery

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 5:06 pm

I did my laundry. Wheeeee.
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 6:28 pm

I accidentally submitted a death threat to one of my managers.

This takes a bit of explanation. I was putting in for November 1st off, for NaNo, and since I killed him off in last year's novel, I wanted to reassure him that there wouldn't be a repeat. So I wrote I won't kill you this time.

Unfortunately, the person who actually saw the request took it entirely the wrong way. Once I explained, though, it was okay.

Now they'll be looking at me funny every time I come into work, wondering if today is the day I decide to bring an AK-47.
Back to top Go down
villainy

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 8:10 pm

I went to Spanish lessons today. The room was ridiculously tiny, because it was rented from an office complex. We barely had room to move when everyone was inside.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 8:23 am

It's my birthday, and I completely fail to care. I'm more excited about my dinner than my presents.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Professor Science
Ghoti
Ghoti
Dr. Professor Science

Location : One of the guys with the giant papier-mâché dongs in Lysistrata

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 8 EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 5:48 pm

I saw an old woman on the bus who was the spitting image of Noël Coward in his later years, except wearing a fur coat. Weirded me the hell out.
Back to top Go down
Salamas
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Salamas

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 8 EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 9:24 pm

I tried to make one of my favorite foods that I only get at home and it was a delicious success. :D
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 8 EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 10:58 pm

I got a mass mailing written by Stan Lee.

Quote :
Elizabeth --

Stan LeeI'm writing to urge gamers everywhere to take a stand and defend both the First Amendment and the rights of computer and video game artists by joining the Video Game Voters Network (VGVN). My memory has always been lousy and it's not improving with age. But it's good enough to remember a time when the government was trying to do to comic books what some politicians now want to do with video games: censor them and prohibit their sales. It was a bad idea half a century ago and it's just as bad an idea now. And you can do something about it.

I created Spider-Man, Iron Man and the Hulk, the virtual ancestors of the characters in today's games. In the 1950s, there was a national hysteria about the so-called "dangerous effect" comic books were having on our nation's youth.

Comic books, it was said, contributed to "juvenile delinquency." A Senate subcommittee investigated and decided the U.S. could not "afford the calculated risk involved in feeding its children, through comic books, a concentrated diet of crime, horror and violence." Comic books were burned. The State of Washington made it a crime to sell comic books without a license. And Los Angeles passed a law that said it was a crime to sell "crime comic books." Looking back, the outcry was -- forgive the expression -- comical.

The more things change, as they say, the more they stay the same. Substitute video games for comic books and you've got a 21st century replay of the craziness of the 1950s. States have passed laws restricting the sale of video games and later this year, the Supreme Court will hear a case about one of those laws, this one passed in California. Why does this matter? Because if you restrict sales of video games, you're chipping away at our First Amendment rights to free speech and opening the door to restrictions on books and movies.

The Supreme Court should find the law unconstitutional, as lower courts have. But politicians will keep looking for ways to restrict the rights of gamers and computer and video game artists because it makes for good headlines to say they're "protecting the children," even if they're doing no such thing. They do so despite the fact that the industry has a remarkable rating system in place already and all new consoles have parental controls -- both of which help parents ensure parents are in control of what their children play. But you can help fight the battle against politicians.

The VGVN was created so gamers can express their views and tell our political leaders that it's as ridiculous to worry about video games today as it was to worry about comic books then. Far from being dangerous, video games are increasingly powerful contributors to our nation's entertainment, economy, education, and society.

By joining the VGVN, you'll be telling our political leaders that you care enough about the games you play to use your voice and your vote to help those who recognize the realities and benefits of gaming and punish those who try to restrict both your access to games and your rights. Please join and participate. It'll be good for your constitution.

Thanks.

Stan Lee

No, really, I like how my name is inserted in there, so I feel all special like the guy who created Spiderman is e-mailing me personally.

Also the Comics Code bullshit was waaaay more ridiculous then the censorship video games have. Yes, vid games are censored more than movies with no really good reason, but Stan Lee totes exaggerating.
Back to top Go down
Azzandra
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Azzandra

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 7:35 am

I saw yellow-eyed girl on the subway again.

I spend entirely too much of my day on public transportation, but I still find it an oddly soothing experience. I get to sit around doing nothing while still doing something (i.e. travelling).
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 8:09 am

Azzandra wrote:
I saw yellow-eyed girl on the subway again.

Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 11:17 am

I finally finished the third book in the trilogy I've been obsessed with, and after crying like a baby... I suddenly didn't know what I would do with my life, now that I was finished.
Back to top Go down
SlyChild
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

Location : Ass glued to computer chair. Haven't moved in days.

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 1:44 am

Verandering wrote:
I finally finished the third book in the trilogy I've been obsessed with, and after crying like a baby... I suddenly didn't know what I would do with my life, now that I was finished.
Which trilogy was this? Book junkie must know!

Err, what to contribute to this thread? Oh, I know, I learned recently that exactly three raindrops are enough to short out an Ipod. Yippee.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 9:21 am

The Coldfire Trilogy by C.S. Friedman
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread
Page 8 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 22  Next