Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Berceuse - Law and Order SVU fic

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

Berceuse - Law and Order SVU fic Empty
PostSubject: Berceuse - Law and Order SVU fic   Berceuse - Law and Order SVU fic EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 11:50 am

An engaging, emotional, well-written, and intelligent story about Law & Order SVU? Yeah, I couldn't believe it either.

Berceuse by Hollelujah
Summary wrote:
Being a single woman and being a single mom are universes apart.

I randomly found this fic while looking for a shitty story. Like many daytime television viewers, I fucking love this show. I don't follow it religiously but I enjoy it whenever it's on. I was on the lookout for horrible "Olivia has a baby!" stories and started reading this one, and I read the whole damn thing in one sitting.

There's a maturity and appreciation for subtlety here that really impressed me. If you had told me, "Hey Narwhal! Are you interested in reading a 40-something chapter story, written in first person, about Olivia from SVU getting pregnant?" I would have punched you in the genitals, spat in your hair, and kicked you in the stomach while you writhed on the ground in anguish. Or simply said, "Fuck no." But this story is a lot more than it says on the tin.

Frankly, I don't think you even need to be a fan of the show to appreciate this. The writing is really beautiful and the characterization is brilliant. And for those of you who are convinced that Grown Up Relationships don't happen on FF.net, this is really refreshing. It's just a damn good story.

Give it a try.
Back to top Go down

Berceuse - Law and Order SVU fic
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Why God, Why? :: The Sporking Table :: New Releases :: Antidotes-
Jump to: