Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hey Delcat, Want To Marry Me In The Nation's Capitol?

Go down 
+14
Manny
Root Admin
Delcat
Rabid Badger
Spotts1701
theweirdkind
Zeiss Manifold
Somath Cegem
unskilled78
InkWeaver
frostflowers
Kitbug
Narwhal
Lapin
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

Hey Delcat, Want To Marry Me In The Nation's Capitol? Empty
PostSubject: Hey Delcat, Want To Marry Me In The Nation's Capitol?   Hey Delcat, Want To Marry Me In The Nation's Capitol? EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 11:13 am

Now, I can't get to the link because it requires me to have an account, so I'll quote from my copy of The Washington Post.

The D.C. Council voted yesterday, the first of three steps, to allow same-sex marriage in our nation's capitol. And it passed. In two weeks, the second vote will happen to make it law, and then Mayor Fenty has to sign it. Mayor Fenty is widely known to support this and will sign, he says, since the second vote is expected to be second verse, same as the first and all.

Quote :
Same-sex marriage opponents, including the Archdiocese of Washington and dozens of other religious leaders, conceded that they are running out of time and options to stop the bill from becoming law.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Only Congress or the courts can slow the bill down now, and even religious leaders are starting to admit defeat on that point.

But what about what happened in Maine with the popular vote?

Quote :
Two weeks ago, the D.C. Board of elections and Ethics ruled that city laws would prohibit a public vote because it would discriminate against gays and lesbians.

When it happened in other states, it felt great. But it never felt as good as this. I can't marry a woman in Maryland yet. But I'll be able to marry one in one of my favorite cities in the world in two weeks, and a place I consider part of my home. And it feels fucking awesome.
Back to top Go down
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: Hey Delcat, Want To Marry Me In The Nation's Capitol?   Hey Delcat, Want To Marry Me In The Nation's Capitol? EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 11:15 am

GOD IS LAUGHING AT YOU, TEXAS!
Back to top Go down
Kitbug
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Kitbug

PostSubject: Re: Hey Delcat, Want To Marry Me In The Nation's Capitol?   Hey Delcat, Want To Marry Me In The Nation's Capitol? EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 11:16 am

BACK OFF BUNNY, DEL IS MINE. >:[
Back to top Go down
http://kitbug.livejournal.com
frostflowers
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
frostflowers

PostSubject: Re: Hey Delcat, Want To Marry Me In The Nation's Capitol?   Hey Delcat, Want To Marry Me In The Nation's Capitol? EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 11:40 am

Congrats, DC! This is a perfect antidote to the repeated stupidity of anti-gay factions - the ones which sadly tend to be the loudest.

Somewhere, Fred Phelps is crying, and he doesn't know why.
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: Hey Delcat, Want To Marry Me In The Nation's Capitol?   Hey Delcat, Want To Marry Me In The Nation's Capitol? EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 12:06 pm

Kitbug wrote:

OH REALLY GOOD MADAM

IN THIS CASE, WE SHALL DUEL

CHOOSE YOUR WEAPON
Back to top Go down
unskilled78
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Hey Delcat, Want To Marry Me In The Nation's Capitol?   Hey Delcat, Want To Marry Me In The Nation's Capitol? EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 12:57 pm

InkWeaver wrote:
Kitbug wrote:

OH REALLY GOOD MADAM

IN THIS CASE, WE SHALL DUEL

CHOOSE YOUR WEAPON