Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while

Go down 
+29
VileCorp
rae
Fairlight
Psy-4
Dr. Quinzel
Cpt Viking
Just Chipper
Toastuh
kleine_kat
Lysander
Ayezur
Fitchsticks
Somath Cegem
kuroineko
Notomys mordax
Lurv
Aggie
Cyberwulf
Goat
theweirdkind
Narwhal
InkWeaver
Salamas
frostflowers
Sheba
Raine
Bamshalam
Miss Prince
Mafiosa
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Notomys mordax

Notomys mordax

Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while   Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 7:08 am

I didn't think it was scary. I thought it was moderately spooky, but a bit contrived... but when it was time for me to bed [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] talk about high octane nightmare fuel.

The films themselves are only so-so in terms of scary calibre, but the whole slenderman thing creeps me the fuck out and I don't know why.
Back to top Go down
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while   Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 7:57 am

I thought the masked guy was Alex's friend?
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while   Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 9:03 am

Masked guy is a mystery right now. He hasn't been confirmed as anyone yet. All we know is that he attacked J and has a seizure or something. It's definitely not SM.
Back to top Go down
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while   Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 9:09 am

Not much of a mystery, frankly. Ten bucks says it's Alex or his friend Bryan or whatever his name is. Both of them probably went batshit or are being controlled, etc.
Back to top Go down
Lurv
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lurv

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while   Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 9:27 am

Notomys mordax wrote:
The films themselves are only so-so in terms of scary calibre, but the whole slenderman thing creeps me the fuck out and I don't know why.

Yes, I think what made them so creepy to me was that they introduced me to Slender Man (that, and I can't really notice the bad acting).
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while   Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 10:07 am

My friends and I were already pretty creeped out by the videos themselves -- they're just eerie and ugh and goosebumps -- and then we started watching the response videos by totheark, and the one where it has a 3rd person view of Jay in the house the first time, in the moment where he's fallen to the floor and he's coughing, and it's repeating "I was there." We just sat there and stared at each other for a few moments, going, "what the fuck what the fuck what the fuuuuuck."

I mean, we know it's all fake, but it's still creepy and we're having fun getting into it and spotting the moments when Slenderman makes his appearances and theorizing on what's going on.

To make matters worse, afterward, one of my friends started calling all our phones from a restricted number, and he did a very good job convincing us it wasn't him. Eventually we caught him at it, but for a while it was upping our tension. THEN we went outside to watch the meteor shower in the middle of a dark field, so we were just having a ball going, "OH MY GOD WHO IS THAT -- oh it's just a tree never mind."
Back to top Go down
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while   Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 10:19 am

Hahahahaha oh, to be young. At a slumber party after The Ring came out, my friend and I set up the phone call and I used one of those little wax blood tablets to fake a nose bleed. There was much squealing and shrieking. Trollface
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while   Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 10:50 am

Narwhal wrote:
Hahahahaha oh, to be young. At a slumber party after The Ring came out, my friend and I set up the phone call and I used one of those little wax blood tablets to fake a nose bleed. There was much squealing and shrieking. Trollface

After the Grudge came out, I used to call up all my friends and make that clicking moaning sound into the phone.

Quote :
and he's coughing, and it's repeating "I was there."

Is THAT what it's saying? I thought it was saying "Alex...Brian..." over and over again.
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while   Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 12:46 pm

We're pretty sure it's repeating "I was... theeeere" over and over. Maybe you're right? I dunno, I was there sounds like it would make more sense.

EDIT: been looking it up: some people sped it up and it's J when he's calling Alex and Brian's names.
Back to top Go down
kuroineko

kuroineko

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while   Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 5:39 pm

The videos are hit or miss for me, tho it did have some nice goosebump moments. I have to say I love the concept of the Slender Man. I find the stories written in Something Awful much more creepy actually.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while   Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 8:24 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while   Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 11:17 pm

ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod no
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while   Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 11:51 pm

Caught up with all of the videos and I am disappointed. What makes me freak out are the stories of Slender Man. Marble Hornets just made me think I was playing Where's Waldo Slender Man style. I would've probably been more freaked out if I didn't read all of the posts here before watching it. :crap:
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while   Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 11:55 pm

I SWEAR I SEE IT STANDING OUTSIDE THE WINDOW BEFORE THAT.

HOLY CRAP.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while   Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 12:06 am

Raine wrote:

HOLY CRAP.

SCREENCAP IT I CAN'T FIND IT

EDIT: OH GOD NEVER MIND SOMEONE ON SA FOUND IT

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while   Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 12:28 am

Mafiosa wrote:
Raine wrote:

HOLY CRAP.

SCREENCAP IT I CAN'T FIND IT

EDIT: OH GOD NEVER MIND SOMEONE ON SA FOUND IT

Spoiler:

D: THAT IMAGE IS GOING TO BE BURNED IN MY BRAIN. I KEEP CHECKING OUT MY WINDOW NOW. DAMN IT, WHY DO I HAVE TO HAVE SUCH A CREEPY WINDOW VIEW? I KEEP THINKING I'LL SEE SOMETHING ON MY NEIGHBOUR'S ROOF.
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while   Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 1:00 am

THIS IS FREAKING ME RIGHT THE FUCK OUT MAN
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while   Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 3:19 am

Quote :

Spoiler:

What is so scary about a guy in Kiss make up?
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while   Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 9:03 am

Somath Cegem wrote:
Quote :

Spoiler:

What is so scary about a guy in Kiss make up?

You're not afraid of juggalos?

Looks like someone figured out where J went that night.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Salamas
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Salamas

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while   Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 9:42 am

Fuck...Why do I keep reading this thread? WHY?! And clicking spoilered stuff?! I'm not going to be able to sleep when I go home... There's a fucking tree right outside my window!!!
Back to top Go down
Fitchsticks
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Fitchsticks

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while   Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 11:03 am

I'm on the second floor of a block of student flats on campus and I know that by God there's just nothing out there but I'm on my own and I can't stop watching it and I'm just about wetting myself in fear.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while   Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 11:13 am

I'M NOT WATCHING YOU CAN'T MAKE ME

edit: oh thank god for my crappy connection it won't stream properly for me
Back to top Go down
Fitchsticks
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Fitchsticks

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while   Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 12:35 pm

Well fuck, 19 scared me shitless. Now I have to watch something cheerful.
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while   Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 3:50 pm

I... I could NOT go to sleep after watching that. Why am I so dumb.
Back to top Go down
Fitchsticks
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Fitchsticks

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while   Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 6:17 am

Okay, me and a bunch of my friends are getting quite into this. So yeah, let's get some theories working people.

Now I'm thinking that we can assume totheark is the same person who was filming Jay in the house in #16 and therefore probably the same person filming him when he went to the car in #13. It also seems pretty likely that totheark is the guy in the mask who attacks Jay/breaks into his house.

If we take both these points to be true they together mean that the masked guy/totheark can't be Alex, since at the time totheark was filming Jay at Alex's car, Alex was running around in that sports field type area being terrorised by SM.

I'm calling totheark as being Brian, since Brian disappeared at the same time as Alex and it's reasonable that Brian would have access to the redacted audio that totheark has posted. Plus something seems wrong about Brian anyway; in entry #17 it's evident Brian should be there but nobody is quite sure where he is and the whole damn time you can see SM standing outside the window.

tl;dr - I think the masked guy/totheark are the same person and that person is Brian. And if that turns out to be the case then I fucking called it guys.

Also maybe we should think about the actual name 'totheark' and what it might mean. Biblical reference? The idea of going to take shelter or being saved?

Yeah I have time on my hands...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while   Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Marble Hornets: Scariest shit I've seen in a while
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next