Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape.....

Go down 
+28
Snake Bandage
InkWeaver
Cyberwulf
Malganis
Rabid Badger
anangrychocobo
Ceres
Bamshalam
The Unoriginal
Lapin
Avari
Penguin
KelinciHutan
gaijinguy
Mae Bedlam
Keith Fraser
DarthDarthington
vade
Alex89
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Saleha
Knorg
Melissa
Mafiosa
KGarrett
Narwhal
Hot Cancer
Chris91
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mae Bedlam
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mae Bedlam

Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape..... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape.....   Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape..... - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 8:51 am

That Jezebel article wrote:
Today, we can add Martin Scorsese, David Lynch, Terry Gilliam and — wait for it — Woody Allen to the list.
FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU

Goddammit, Terry, now I have to torrent The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus.
Back to top Go down
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

PostSubject: Re: Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape.....   Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape..... - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 9:15 am

Narwhal wrote:
According to Whoopi Goldberg he didn't commit "rape rape" and as such shouldn't be punished.

How the hell do these people make money?!

By having other people write their dialog.
Back to top Go down
Keith Fraser
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Keith Fraser

PostSubject: Re: Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape.....   Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape..... - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 9:30 am

Narwhal wrote:
According to Whoopi Goldberg he didn't commit "rape rape" and as such shouldn't be punished.

Either the information in that Salon article is a pack of lies, or Whoopi Goldberg is talking out of her hiney. This case is seriously starting to weird me out; the press and celebrity hot air brigade weren't anything like this sympathetic to Michael Jackson, for example.

Edit: The Salon article has a link to the victim's testimony transcript at The Smoking Gun:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm reading it just now, and I feel scuzzy just a few pages in.
Back to top Go down
vade

vade

PostSubject: Re: Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape.....   Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape..... - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 9:55 am

This whole debacle just reinforces how little we have gone in terms of women's rights.

"But she LOOKED older."

"She didn't struggle enough!"

"It's not like she was a virgin when it happened."

"It was thirty years ago. Let's move on."

"It wasn't rape-rape." Whoopi dissapointed me with that one. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape.....   Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape..... - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 10:01 am

gaijinguy wrote:
Narwhal wrote:

By having other people write their dialog.

So what kind of rape did he commit? "Have some nice alcohol and date-rape drugs" rape? "How would you like some candy aka photoshoot?" rape? "Thirty years have passed so it doesn't count" rape? "SURPRISE!" rape? Seriously, if you don't give consent, it's rape, and that's about it.

She clearly didn't give consent, since he had to ply her with alcohol and drugs first.

Therefore, IT'S FUCKING RAPE, you stupid cunt! There are two kinds of rape - consenting statutory rape, and rape-rape. And BOTH ARE CRIMES.

I can't believe I used to believe that Whoopi Goldberg was a good role-model for strong women. Obviously she believes that unless you're knocked to the ground and fucked in an alley, it's not rape-rape.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape.....   Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape..... - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 10:05 am

Narwhal wrote:

Whoopi Goldberg? Seriously?

That's all kinds of disappointing. I thought better of her.

ETA: Here is the most complete list I could find of the signatories to the petition. I don't recognize a lot of these names, but Wes Anderson, Monica Bellucci, and Tilda Swinton are on it. There is another petition going around, but I didn't find any names attached to that one.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape.....   Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape..... - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 10:38 am

That 13 year old girl had been drunk, under the influence of quaaludes, and had sex twice before meeting Polanski. I'm certainly not defending what he did, it WAS rape, but she sounds like a real fucking loser too.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape.....   Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape..... - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 10:47 am

Mafiosa wrote:
*fires off the Cyberwulf Wankstrike smoke flare*
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape.....   Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape..... - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 10:53 am

Penguin wrote:
Mafiosa wrote:

Not yet, I haven't called her a slut for enjoying it. Trollface

But seriously, I'm just saying the girl was trashy AND WHERE WAS HER MOTHER, not that she deserved it or hat it was justified. No one deserves that.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape.....   Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape..... - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 11:11 am

Narwhal wrote:

I know I said I wasn't going to post anything more here until Polanski's trial starts, but I just have to say:

FUCK WHOOPI GOLDBERG AND THE HORSE SHE RODE IN ON.

She just gave millions of people the perfect reason to boycott The View. Anyone who could make that kind of statement without cringing is unworthy of even a second of airtime, let alone the full hour ABC wastes on her five days a week.
Back to top Go down
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape.....   Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape..... - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 11:11 am

Oh whatever Mafi.

I think, for me, the worst part was when she said he started performing "cuddliness" on her. Click the link and read the transcript. It's heartbreaking. She was just a scared kid.
Back to top Go down
vade

vade

PostSubject: Re: Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape.....   Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape..... - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 11:16 am

Mafiosa wrote:
Penguin wrote:
Mafiosa wrote:

Not yet, I haven't called her a slut for enjoying it. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

But seriously, I'm just saying the girl was trashy AND WHERE WAS HER MOTHER, not that she deserved it or hat it was justified. No one deserves that.

But the fact that you brought up her previous sexual activity and drug use kind of implies that it wasn't "that bad" since she wasn't "that innocent".
Back to top Go down
Keith Fraser
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Keith Fraser

PostSubject: Re: Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape.....   Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape..... - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 11:20 am

The witness statement doesn't explain how she originally met Polanski, but you do indeed have to wonder what her mother was doing letting a 40something man drag her off to random hillsides and people's houses for photoshoots. At the very least, she should have gone along or had another responsible adult supervising. Or am I just stuck in a 00s ZOMG PEDO SCARE mentality? Was it normal in the 70s for 13-year-olds to be taken for random unsupervised photoshoots? [/sarcasm mode]
Back to top Go down
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape.....   Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape..... - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 11:23 am

Her mother could have had any number of reasons, some of them bad, some of them simply foolish. I imagine her mother thought it'd be an incredible opportunity for her daughter to be photographed by such a famous man, she never assumed somebody so well off/famous would rape somebody, etc. That has virtually no relevance to the case against Polanski.
Back to top Go down
Keith Fraser
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Keith Fraser

PostSubject: Re: Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape.....   Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape..... - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 11:25 am

No, of course not, I was just wondering.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape.....   Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape..... - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 11:33 am

vade wrote:
Mafiosa wrote:
Penguin wrote:
Mafiosa wrote:

Not yet, I haven't called her a slut for enjoying it. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

But seriously, I'm just saying the girl was trashy AND WHERE WAS HER MOTHER, not that she deserved it or that it was justified. No one deserves that.

But the fact that you brought up her previous sexual activity and drug use kind of implies that it wasn't "that bad" since she wasn't "that innocent".

lol okay sure

Also:, the victim herself is trying to get the case thrown out.

Quote :

Samantha Geimer filed court papers in January saying, "I am no longer a 13-year-old child. I have dealt with the difficulties of being a victim, have surmounted and surpassed them with one exception.

"Every time this case is brought to the attention of the Court, great focus is made of me, my family, my mother and others. That attention is not pleasant to experience and is not worth maintaining over some irrelevant legal nicety, the continuation of the case."

Geimer, now 45, married and a mother of three, sued Polanski and received an undisclosed settlement. She long ago came forward and made her identity public -- mainly, she said, because she was disturbed by how the criminal case had been handled.

Sounds like the courts did a lot of damage too

Quote :
Once an aspiring actress, Geimer has said she long ago got over what Polanski did to her. She sued him, and a settlement was reached out of court. But the media, prosecutors and the courts in Los Angeles, California, continue to torment her, she has said.
Geimer was particularly upset when prosecutors filed a fresh version of the entire 1977 grand jury transcript, replete with all the lurid details. "True as they may be, the continued publication of those details cause harm to me," she wrote in January. "I have become a victim of the actions of the district attorney."
The European media compared her to Lolita, the young seductress in fiction.

I WTFed at the last part. Europe, explain yourselves now.

Quote :
That has virtually no relevance to the case against Polanski.

True.

I will say this though, the mother at least realized the gravity of the situation afterward and called the police immediately. + points for that.
Back to top Go down
Knorg
Behind Blue Eyes
Behind Blue Eyes
Knorg

PostSubject: Re: Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape.....   Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape..... - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 11:57 am

For anyone curious as to how to gain the support of the French Culture Minister after admitting to drugging and fucking a 13 year old, he laid it out clearly:

Polanski, he argues, "always said how much he loves France"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So, this year's top fashion tip for child molestors?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Avari

Avari

PostSubject: Re: Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape.....   Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape..... - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 1:05 pm

What strikes me as particularly ironic is that Polanksi has only his vanity to blame for his arrest: if he had stayed in France, his French citizenship would have protected him from extradition (and before the indignation starts, it's simply the law, France does not extradite French citizens - same as many countries with their own citizens).

But nooo, he had to go and collect his little medal in Switzerland. Even worse, he contacted the Swiss police to ask for protection. And when the Swiss police looked him up, they saw there was a 2005 international warrant with his name on it, and they arrested him.

Knorg wrote:
So, this year's top fashion tip for child molestors?
Don't be totally unfair. A majority of French people (myself included) think Polanski amply derserves what's happening, and are a bit fed up with artists who think they're above the law.

Recently, a law was voted here to repress internet dowloading. This law trampled quite a few constitutionnal rights, but the vast majority of the artists were all for it. Now, they want us to feel all indignant on behalf of one of their own who raped a little girl and then fled? They can go hang themselves, seriously.

Also, the Culture Minister is a fuckwit. He makes me want to vomit.
Back to top Go down
Knorg
Behind Blue Eyes
Behind Blue Eyes
Knorg

PostSubject: Re: Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape.....   Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape..... - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 1:24 pm

I wasn't being totally unfair - as I said, that was the way to gain the support of the French Culture Minister - nowhere did I comment on behalf of the French people!
Back to top Go down
Avari

Avari

PostSubject: Re: Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape.....   Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape..... - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 1:31 pm

Knorg wrote:
I wasn't being totally unfair - as I said, that was the way to gain the support of the French Culture Minister - nowhere did I comment on behalf of the French people!
Sorry, misread you. Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape..... - Page 2 309696 I think I also aggregated your comment in my mind with Mafiosa's "Europe, explain yourself" just above.

I'm just fed up with these high profile people making fools of themselves in the media, and all for the sake of a child molester.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape.....   Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape..... - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 2:06 pm

Reread my posts, I must have been aching for some drama this morning. IGNORE ME I SUCK

Quote :
But nooo, he had to go and collect his little medal in Switzerland.

I remember there being small wave of support from people in the U.S. when he won an Oscar and OH NO HE CAN'T COLLECT HIS OSCAR SO SAAAAAAD ;_;
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape.....   Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape..... - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 2:17 pm

Just a question; Aren't rapists typically repeat offenders? Isn't it possible that this particular case might not be the only case, just the only one we know about?

It looks like he paid this woman off in the end. And if you've been in the News section, you know there are parents who won't defend their kids like this woman's mother did.
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape.....   Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape..... - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 7:02 am

I knew shit about all this until 30 minutes ago. For some reasons it has failed to blip on the newspapers here - a tsunami in the Far East will do that for you.

Or perhaps it has been suggested that the antics of middle aged men are shoved in the inside pages, ever since the Prime Minister's erect penis appeared on the Spanish press in all its 13 cm of glory.

However, on the 'letters' page of the Corsera, someone suggests that in the light of the UBS investigation going on, Polanski's arrest means Switzerland is trying to throw a bone to FBI and avoid getting awkward questions that would either displease the international community, or its banks customers.

Just offering this up for discussion.
Back to top Go down
Mae Bedlam
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mae Bedlam

PostSubject: Re: Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape.....   Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape..... - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 1:48 pm

Narwhal wrote:

Back to top Go down
Bamshalam
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Bamshalam

PostSubject: Re: Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape.....   Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape..... - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 3:40 pm

Lapin wrote:
Just a question; Aren't rapists typically repeat offenders? Isn't it possible that this particular case might not be the only case, just the only one we know about?
With any luck, this shit hitting the fan will cause authorities to look deeper for other crimes, or cause other victims to come forward. It's happened before.

And even though I'm characteristically late to the party, wtf Mafiosa, she was 13. Even though she had sex TWO WHOLE TIMES BEFORE OMG WHORE OF THE ABYSS, she's still a 13 year old who didn't know what the hell she was getting herself into.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape.....   Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape..... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Roman Polanski finally going down for that child rape.....
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next