Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ironic? Just a bit... SPCA member accidentally kills dog

Go down 
+2
VB
Maximilia
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

Ironic? Just a bit... SPCA member accidentally kills dog Empty
PostSubject: Ironic? Just a bit... SPCA member accidentally kills dog   Ironic? Just a bit... SPCA member accidentally kills dog EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 8:34 pm

While I was reading the virtual local paper today, this came up:

SPCA member accidentally kills her own dog by leaving it in a car for four hours

Horrible and ironic. It belongs here. What boggles me is this:

Quote :
Starr's husband, Ed, told the Richmond Times-Dispatch he put the dog in her car as she got ready for work Aug. 19.

Now, I know it's an old dog and was probably napping... but how do you miss a dog in your car?
Back to top Go down
VB
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
VB

PostSubject: Re: Ironic? Just a bit... SPCA member accidentally kills dog   Ironic? Just a bit... SPCA member accidentally kills dog EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 9:53 pm

That poor woman. I know, probably not the line I was expected to take, yeah?

I only know that I have accidentally injured animals under my care before. Complete accidents, nothing I could have predicted, but I beat myself up for months afterward with the shoulda/coulda/woulda and the sickening knowledge that no matter how accidental, I was the cause of an animal's suffering. I can imagine what she's going through right now, and I know that there isn't a thing anyone could say or do to her at this point that is worse than what she's doing to herself.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Ironic? Just a bit... SPCA member accidentally kills dog   Ironic? Just a bit... SPCA member accidentally kills dog EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 11:10 pm

Maximilia wrote:
While I was reading the virtual local paper today, this came up:

SPCA member accidentally kills her own dog by leaving it in a car for four hours

Horrible and ironic. It belongs here. What boggles me is this:

Quote :
Starr's husband, Ed, told the Richmond Times-Dispatch he put the dog in her car as she got ready for work Aug. 19.

Now, I know it's an old dog and was probably napping... but how do you miss a dog in your car?

I used to have a pair of cats that would get into the car when the windows were down and go to sleep. Discovered it one day when I drove over town, only to discover that Tinker had decided to take a siesta in the back. After that, I always checked before I went
anywhere.

The point is, her husband's the one who put the dog in the car, and apparently didn't bother to tell her it was there. A 16-year-old dog who's blind probably spends a lot of time sleeping, and since she didn't realize it was in the car, it's unlikely she checked before she got out and locked the doors.

Also, they don't say what breed of dog it was. If it were a smaller one and didn't tend to make a lot of noise, it would've been easy to overlook it.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Ironic? Just a bit... SPCA member accidentally kills dog   Ironic? Just a bit... SPCA member accidentally kills dog EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 11:10 pm

It's bad all the way around. I'm still perplexed about missing a dog though, in her car. Maybe it was a very small dog? Not enough info in the article.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Ironic? Just a bit... SPCA member accidentally kills dog   Ironic? Just a bit... SPCA member accidentally kills dog EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 11:14 pm

Sounds like this is case involving a...

HOT DOG.

...Sorry.
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: Ironic? Just a bit... SPCA member accidentally kills dog   Ironic? Just a bit... SPCA member accidentally kills dog EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 11:31 pm

God the thought of coming outside and finding your pet dying from something that's partly your fault.

Off topic: Mafiosa is your video clip from a movie or something? Because if it is I think I want to see it.
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Ironic? Just a bit... SPCA member accidentally kills dog   Ironic? Just a bit... SPCA member accidentally kills dog EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 12:57 am

bleachedblackcat wrote:
Off topic: Mafiosa is your video clip from a movie or something? Because if it is I think I want to see it.

Let me help you out here:

Mafiosa wrote:
It's from a a bad bad movie. This is the only good part. @8:15.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ironic? Just a bit... SPCA member accidentally kills dog   Ironic? Just a bit... SPCA member accidentally kills dog Empty

Back to top Go down

Ironic? Just a bit... SPCA member accidentally kills dog
Page 1 of 1