Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"The Worst of the Worst" C2s on FF.Net

Go down 
+2
Raine
I_Lam_Edhellen
6 posters
AuthorMessage
I_Lam_Edhellen
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
I_Lam_Edhellen

"The Worst of the Worst" C2s on FF.Net Empty
PostSubject: "The Worst of the Worst" C2s on FF.Net   "The Worst of the Worst" C2s on FF.Net EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 2:21 am

On FF.Net, there are things called C2s. These are archives that multiple people can submit fanfiction into, in a specific category/fandom. They tend to follow a certain formula, "Best of Aragorn Angst" or "Stories to Knock Your Socks Off" and so on are in abundance. There are, however, some rather snarky individuals who make C2s devoted to the worst of fanfiction.

First one I found is in my own fandom, and the owner of the C2, "the counter" has a list of other similar C2s.

The Worst of the Worst LotR Fanfiction with 1617 fanfics archived.
The Institution for Harry Potter MarySues with 1553 fanfics archived.
Enough to Break Your Brain (Pirates of the Caribbean) with 37 fanfics archived.
The Worst of the Worst Phantom of the Opera Fanfiction with 27 fanfics archived.
Stories That a Turd Out of My Ass Could Write Better (all fandoms) with 344 fanfics archived.

The funnest thing to do is just browse the summaries. For example:
Quote :
Tree Hugger by The All Holy Smartness reviews
Elrond. Treebeard. Curious?
Quote :
An Epitomy to Legolas- From Lady Legolas by LadyLegolas reviews
Ok, if you read the first one, you'll understand this one. This is a pledge of my love to Legolas. PLease do not just disregard this as an obsession.
Quote :
An Epitomy to myself from Legolas by LadyLegolas reviews
This is supposed to be a poem to Legolas' future wife(me,lol) and it's just suposed to show you what true love could really be. This might sound like an obsession, but it's not. The idea just came to mind and I decided to put it on. Just imagine, please.

Trolling for 'fics in the Pit of Voles just got easier.

Garo 'lass!
Back to top Go down
http://www.realelvish.net
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: "The Worst of the Worst" C2s on FF.Net   "The Worst of the Worst" C2s on FF.Net EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 2:27 am

Crapfics that will Hurt Your Brain - I got a couple of my OC-centric fics added to this. One I can say somewhat is deserving... but it really seems that in this C2 they just add anyone and anything that has OCs in it, they don't even read the stories from what I found.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: "The Worst of the Worst" C2s on FF.Net   "The Worst of the Worst" C2s on FF.Net EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 2:54 am

Quote :
An Epitomy to Legolas- From Lady Legolas

One: what the hell does that title mean?

Two: Wouldn't that be Lady Greenleaf? That's like a Micheal Jackson fanbrat running around calling herself Lady Michael.
Back to top Go down
I_Lam_Edhellen
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
I_Lam_Edhellen

PostSubject: Re: "The Worst of the Worst" C2s on FF.Net   "The Worst of the Worst" C2s on FF.Net EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 7:27 am

grmblfjx wrote:
Quote :
An Epitomy to Legolas- From Lady Legolas

One: what the hell does that title mean?

Two: Wouldn't that be Lady Greenleaf? That's like a Micheal Jackson fanbrat running around calling herself Lady Michael.
Legolas means "Greenleaf". Greenleaf is not a surname. Elves don't share names when they marry; they just get new nicknames. So, maybe she was insisting that Legolas was a person with multiple personalities, one of which was a woman?
Back to top Go down
Lexin
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lexin

PostSubject: Re: "The Worst of the Worst" C2s on FF.Net   "The Worst of the Worst" C2s on FF.Net EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 9:01 am

I_Lam_Edhellen wrote:
insisting that Legolas was a person with multiple personalities, one of which was a woman?
I've always suspected as much.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mpmrommel.co.uk
Zoe

Zoe

PostSubject: Re: "The Worst of the Worst" C2s on FF.Net   "The Worst of the Worst" C2s on FF.Net EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 11:01 pm

I_Lam_Edhellen wrote:
So, maybe she was insisting that Legolas was a person with multiple personalities, one of which was a woman?

Legala, Ghost and Crazy Legs?
Back to top Go down
Ceres
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Ceres

PostSubject: Re: "The Worst of the Worst" C2s on FF.Net   "The Worst of the Worst" C2s on FF.Net EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 10:13 am

Quote :
Tree Hugger by The All Holy Smartness reviews
Elrond. Treebeard. Curious?

NO.
Back to top Go down
I_Lam_Edhellen
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
I_Lam_Edhellen

PostSubject: Re: "The Worst of the Worst" C2s on FF.Net   "The Worst of the Worst" C2s on FF.Net EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 10:37 am

Edit: Content moved to the Godawful Titles/Summaries thread.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "The Worst of the Worst" C2s on FF.Net   "The Worst of the Worst" C2s on FF.Net Empty

Back to top Go down

"The Worst of the Worst" C2s on FF.Net
Page 1 of 1